Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When will it all end?

Options

Comments

GooglePlus wrote: »
    I doubt immunity would require that but the transition to it may, how are countries at high levels of vaccination fairing out. We have real life play outs happening right now, so no need to even ask me.

But I just wonder why people keep saying 'some form of normality' and 'a degree of normality' as opposed to 'normal'. I'm not talking about you, but rather scientists and doctors and governments all over the world. I wonder what they mean by that.

I'm keeping my eye on Israel. If they don't get rid of masks and social distancing once they've reached herd immunity then they never will.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

Why do you put Covid in quotations, out of curiosity?
    Not everything done in the name of "COVID" is actually COVID. The PCR testing is perfect evidence of this nonsense.

COVID-1984 needs to be banished from these shores. That doesn't require the eradication of the COVID-19 disease from Ireland though. It simply isn't that dangerous. The totalitarian reactions in its name are incredibly dangerous, however.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,196 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Lundstram wrote: »
    You know exacly what my question is. You were asked twice in the same post. You're fooling no one

On the ignore list you go.

Lol. In the meantime I went to the trouble of going back, looking for your question and answering it. But you’ve taken the hump.

I suppose I’ll never get an answer to the question you didn’t answer: What exactly is critical mass and what’s the difference between critical mass and herd immunity?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

But I just wonder why people keep saying 'some form of normality' and 'a degree of normality' as opposed to 'normal'. I'm not talking about you, but rather scientists and doctors and governments all over the world. I wonder what they mean by that.

I'm keeping my eye on Israel. If they don't get rid of masks and social distancing once they've reached herd immunity then they never will.

Why would they want to continue wearing masks and socially distancing after they've reached here Immunity?

Why would they want to continue wearing masks and socially distancing after they've reached here Immunity?

I don't know. But they keep saying 'a semblance of normality' and 'a degree of normality' as opposed to 'normality'. I don't know why they keep saying that.

Dr Mary Ramsay, head of immunisation at Public Health England, reckons that mask and social distancing will be kept in place for a few years.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-56475807

"people have got used to those lower-level restrictions now, and people can live with them, and the economy can still go on with those less severe restrictions in place".

"So I think certainly for a few years, at least until other parts of the world are as well vaccinated as we are, and the numbers have come down everywhere, that is when we may be able to go very gradually back to a more normal situation,"

Note 'a more normal situation' even after a few years as opposed to 'normal'.

• Advertisement

Risteard81 wrote: »
    Not everything done in the name of "COVID" is actually COVID. The PCR testing is perfect evidence of this nonsense.

COVID-1984 needs to be banished from these shores. That doesn't require the eradication of the COVID-19 disease from Ireland though. It simply isn't that dangerous. The totalitarian reactions in its name are incredibly dangerous, however.

What do you base this lack of "danger" off? What have you come across as fact that has certified Covid as a non issue to you, do you have legitimate sources?

I'll ask this question, what reason would the powers that be have to restrict and contain an entire economy if there wasn't some form of risk involved in the full opening of society? Why would they do that, they're citizens in this state too, humans whose lives are also limited as **** now because of these restrictions. Why would that happen, what is the goal they're trying to achieve, if not to save lives?

What do you base this lack of "danger" off? What have you come across as fact that has certified Covid as a non issue to you, do you have legitimate sources?

I'll ask this question, what reason would the powers that be have to restrict and contain an entire economy if there wasn't some form of risk involved in the full opening of society? Why would they do that, they're citizens in this state too, humans whose lives are also limited as **** now because of these restrictions. Why would that happen, what is the goal they're trying to achieve, if not to save lives?
    They hardly want to state that they have imposed unconstitutional, Treasonous totalitarian restrictions and impositions on our lives in the name of a disease which isn't actually particularly dangerous. So they must pretend that it is dangerous and never admit that what they did was wrong.

For the avoidance of doubt, no matter how dangerous a disease was would never make Treasonous totalitarian restrictions and impositions lawful or proportionate - they would always be Treasonous. These so-called politicians and their cheerleaders (including NPHET) must be indicted for Treason.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,095 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

They hardly want to state that they have imposed unconstitutional, Treasonous totalitarian restrictions and impositions on our lives in the name of a disease which isn't actually particularly dangerous. So they must pretend that it is dangerous and never admit that what they did was wrong.

For the avoidance of doubt, no matter how dangerous a disease was would never make Treasonous totalitarian restrictions and impositions lawful or proportionate - they would always be Treasonous. These so-called politicians and their cheerleaders (including NPHET) must be indicted for Treason.

I thought you lived up north in the UK? Why do the rules down here bother you so much?

john4321 wrote: »
    I thought you lived up north in the UK? Why do the rules down here bother you so much?
    I live in the country of Ireland. It is seditious to claim otherwise.

I live in the country of Ireland. It is seditious to claim otherwise.

Arlene and MON and Dr Michael McBride calls the shots up there though not NPHET.

• Advertisement

Boris and Chris Whitty calls the shots up there though not NPHET.
    I think you'll find that is in England - not in the Six Occupied Counties.

• Site Banned Posts: 59 ✭✭Tredstone.

marksetgo wrote: »
    I'm one of those hundreds of thousands you refer to, I've lost 6 months pay in the last 12 months, I consider myself lucky compared to others who's lives have been decimated by government decisions

My point was if we didn't have this daily broadcasting of covid all day on the hour every hour

Would you know there is a so called deadly virus just waiting to get you as soon as you step outside your front door

...er NO

I think you'll find that is in England - not in the Six Occupied Counties.

Do NPHET or the Irish Government that you are complaining about on here make the rules up there either?

Can you point out how exactly these emergency procedures were or are unconstitutional and you never spoke on your claim of Covid not being dangerous, what are you basing this on?

Do NPHET or the Irish Government that you are complaining about on here make the rules up there either?
    The Dublin Administration is not the Irish Government.

what are you basing this on?
    On the irrefutable facts of it my boy.

On the irrefutable facts of it my boy.

Can you share these facts with the rest of us, and the unconstitutional point you made, you haven't elaborated.

The Dublin Administration is not the Irish Government.

Do NPHET or the Irish government make the rules where you currently reside?

Indeed your post is.

Any update on mine?
    Do NPHET or the Irish government make the rules where you currently reside?

Any update on mine?
    I already answered that the Dublin Administration is not the Irish Government.

• Advertisement

I already answered that the Dublin Administration is not the Irish Government.

You might have said that alright but does not answer my question.

Do NPHET advise the Irish government and enact legislation where you currently reside?

You might have said that alright but does not answer my question.

Do NPHET advise the Irish government and enact legislation where you currently reside?
    If they're not the Irish Government then they don't advise (or actually dictate to) the Irish Government anywhere.

I would appreciate if you would stop trying to derail this thread, however.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭mightyreds

The green eyed monster is appearing here with all my UK friends posting competitions for entry into pubs beer gardens and free cocktails on the 12th of april.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

mightyreds wrote: »
    The green eyed monster is appearing here with all my UK friends posting competitions for entry into pubs beer gardens and free cocktails on the 12th of april.

Booked a weekend up in NI there today with a few mates in May. Cannot wait!

Time to start living life again. A shame we can't do that in our own country.

This was your original post I responded to:

All I asked was why you are making these comments on a place that has no influence on where you currently reside.

If they're not the Irish Government then they don't advise (or actually dictate to) the Irish Government anywhere.

I would appreciate if you would stop trying to derail this thread, however.

If you think I am derailing the thread use the system in place to report that.

A shame we can't do that in our own country.
    The Six Counties are in your own country. To think they'll be open is somewhat optimistic, however.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭mightyreds

The Six Counties are in your own country. To think they'll be open is somewhat optimistic, however.

I didn't look into it too much so open to correction but seen today the uk had 4000 case to frances 42000 with similar populations, results like that I can't see why not.

mightyreds wrote: »
    I didn't look into it too much so open to correction but seen today the uk had 4000 case to frances 42000 with similar populations, results like that I can't see why not.
    Because there are poisonous snakes imposing Treasonous totalitarian restrictions on the populous everywhere. Not only does this happen throughout Ireland, but has happened throughout the world. I personally trust and pray that their punishment will be swift, severe and brutal.

Because there are poisonous snakes imposing Treasonous totalitarian restrictions on the populous everywhere. Not only does this happen throughout Ireland, but has happened throughout the world. I personally trust and pray that their punishment will be swift, severe and brutal.

Did you get vaccinated yet up there? I am concerned hyperbole is a side effect based on your posts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Booked a weekend up in NI there today with a few mates in May. Cannot wait!

Time to start living life again. A shame we can't do that in our own country.

Hope you have your vaccine passport ready.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement