Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When will it all end?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,411 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Lundstram wrote: »
    Intercounty GAA returning before underage GAA is a weird one.

Nothing strange about it, this country abandoned its youth, they couldn't give two ****s about the kids and young adults who are basically the forgotten generation at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Dickie10 wrote: »
    where did someone see concerts with 5000 people in spain? when , ? if thats true thats mad werein level 5 still. thank god for brits and europeans they will drag us kicking and screaming out of this

5,000 at Holland national team match the other night.

We can’t get our haircut.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭mikekerry

the next 2 weeks are crucial.
    the current figures are very concerning.
    It's just 2 weeks to flatten the curve.
    Hold Firm and put on the green jersey

mikekerry wrote: »
    the next 2 weeks are crucial.
    the current figures are very concerning.
    It's just 2 weeks to flatten the curve.
    Hold Firm and put on the green jersey

and stay the course :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

and stay the course :eek:

we understand people are frustrated, lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,910 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Dickie10 wrote: »
    where did someone see concerts with 5000 people in spain? when , ? if thats true thats mad werein level 5 still. thank god for brits and europeans they will drag us kicking and screaming out of this

There was a one-off concert held to trial a concept of testing before entry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

But surely they have nearly 50% vaccinated like the UK?

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Every country is the same though.

It's true, to be fair, if you ignore all the ways that every country isn't the same.

This complete lack of urgency to reopen business and save peoples livelihoods is just sickening to stomach like.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

A couple of headlines 4 weeks ago stating that we are number 1 for lockdowns in the EU and number 4 worldwide, longer than Italy who were is a very bad state and have a older population of 90m people, we are an island of 5m. Then another headline recently saying we have had the lowest number of people admitted to ICUs in the EU, I dont get it. Restrictions are being lifted throughout Europe, FFS concerts of up to 5,000 people in Spain. Are we paying for having an atrocious health care system? Are they afraid that the virus will expose decades of neglect in health care? I dont understand it, have they made a balls of the vaccinations?

So you're saying the restrictions are in fact working in helping keep down hospital/ icu numbers here? ;)

But no - atm an increasing number of EU countries are putting restrictions back in place- France, Italy, Poland, Portugal etc due to increasing numbers of new cases. And yes I get it the restrictions are not comparable and according to some ours are longer / harder / stricter.

• Advertisement

Still no printed reopening plan.

Instead we get a half arsed “we’ll consider opening these in May” plan.

I’d suggest if you’re unemployed and single on PUP, save it up and go to the UK for a long time.

There’s is nothing here for you.

I’d suggest if you’re unemployed and single on PUP, save it up and go to the UK for a long time.

I remember reading some posts here end of January, that were joking we d open in June.

Fkin hell am I horrified to realize that those were no jokes.

Absolute disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭GazzaL

No plan, no dates, complete and utter bull**** yet again.

GazzaL wrote: »
    No plan, no dates, complete and utter bull**** yet again.

it's pretty obvious at this stage that they don't intend on opening up ( to some degree) till almost everyone in the country in vaccinated.
    They are just stringing us along saying we will review the situation in x weeks.
    Same thing will happen in may.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Arturo Delgado

This complete lack of urgency to reopen business and save peoples livelihoods is just sickening to stomach like.

I watch youtube videos from Tokyo, people going about their business, shops open, loads of crowds. All wearing masks, sure, but it can't just be that. And Japan has about 2000 cases a day. From a population of 130 million or so. Minuscule. We've been conned.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,234 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

it's pretty obvious at this stage that they don't intend on opening up ( to some degree) till almost everyone in the country in vaccinated.
    They are just stringing us along saying we will review the situation in x weeks.
    Same thing will happen in may.

Yeah and we have to trust the HSE with the vaccine roll out which of course 'Supply's gets the blame when things **** up

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Allinall

I watch youtube videos from Tokyo, people going about their business, shops open, loads of crowds. All wearing masks, sure, but it can't just be that. And Japan has about 2000 cases a day. From a population of 130 million or so. Minuscule. We've been conned.

We've been conned into having more cases than japan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

The people imposing the restrictions and keeping them in place don't suffer the financial consequences of their actions .

• Registered Users Posts: 42 mammychicken

This situation is a disaster, I thought my 16 year old son was having a laugh when he told me last night that in three years of secondary school (junior cert cancelled for him this summer) he has only completed one full year…..first year….he missed the last term of second year summer 2020 and hasn’t been back to third year since December 2020 – the 18 year old has nearly finished her first year in University without even setting foot on campus….

They are all I have but I will be encouraging them in no uncertain terms to leave this country which I love as soon as ever they can because I see no future for them here, the backs of the young in this country will be broken and bowed for generations to come, paying for the disaster caused by the response of this so called Government, the zealots in NEPHET and the most useless opposition ever seen in the Dail

I’ve been working the whole way through this bloody disaster and I’m sick of the whole thing, the corruption, the lies, the failure of ministers, the attitudes of certain sectors of the public service, the cronyism invading the rollout of vaccines but most of all, the abject fear indoctrinated in some Irish people by the excuse for a media that we have here. My brother lives in South Africa, and believe me, he’s even gobsmacked by whats going on here.

So ****ing angry at this stage.

Quazzie wrote: »
    There was a one-off concert held to trial a concept of testing before entry.

I understand where people are coming from when they say that it's a positive development, but everyone had to wear masks. It had a very dystopian feel to it. I saw photos from the concert. But that may have more to do with the fact that it was held in Spain which has gone all out with mask wearing. They're mandatory everywhere in Spain. There was another concert in the Netherlands where people weren't wearing masks. But I understand where people are coming from when they say that it's progress, as I say.

• Advertisement

This situation is a disaster, I thought my 16 year old son was having a laugh when he told me last night that in three years of secondary school (junior cert cancelled for him this summer) he has only completed one full year…..first year….he missed the last term of second year summer 2020 and hasn’t been back to third year since December 2020 – the 18 year old has nearly finished her first year in University without even setting foot on campus….

They are all I have but I will be encouraging them in no uncertain terms to leave this country which I love as soon as ever they can because I see no future for them here, the backs of the young in this country will be broken and bowed for generations to come, paying for the disaster caused by the response of this so called Government, the zealots in NEPHET and the most useless opposition ever seen in the Dail

I’ve been working the whole way through this bloody disaster and I’m sick of the whole thing, the corruption, the lies, the failure of ministers, the attitudes of certain sectors of the public service, the cronyism invading the rollout of vaccines but most of all, the abject fear indoctrinated in some Irish people by the excuse for a media that we have here. My brother lives in South Africa, and believe me, he’s even gobsmacked by whats going on here.

So ****ing angry at this stage.

It's good that there's a big world out there. It means that people have options. The fact that there's no level 0 in the plan, and that Scotland's level 0 includes mask wearing and social distancing, is a cause for concern. Ronan Glynn, based on his constant talk of 'a degree of normality', seems to believe the heavily restricted level 1 is enough normal for people.

This sight has warmed my heart. Life is for living. Off to a mates for some food and drinks outside, got to make the most of this weather. Enjoy your evening, folks.

https://twitter.com/karlbrophy/status/1376901360415821829?s=21

This sight has warmed my heart. Life is for living. Off to a mates for some food and drinks outside, got to make the most of this weather. Enjoy your evening, folks.

And the first comment by Liam D is interesting:

"But but but....83% of people say they are observing all restrictions and are in agreement with them, and think they could be stricter.

Once again proving, Amarach/HSE polls are not worth the pretend paper they are written on!
    Absolutely pointless"

I'm always wary of polls.

I wonder whether people were choose to wear them in Japan, or if it's the case that they're mandatory there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

Enjoy your food, great to see people out enjoying themselves in the nice weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

A couple of headlines 4 weeks ago stating that we are number 1 for lockdowns in the EU and number 4 worldwide, longer than Italy who were is a very bad state and have a older population of 90m people, we are an island of 5m. Then another headline recently saying we have had the lowest number of people admitted to ICUs in the EU, I dont get it. Restrictions are being lifted throughout Europe, FFS concerts of up to 5,000 people in Spain. Are we paying for having an atrocious health care system? Are they afraid that the virus will expose decades of neglect in health care? I dont understand it, have they made a balls of the vaccinations?

That's it exactly. Realistically it's always been about not overwhelming the health system. The need to avoid that scenario that was playing out in Bergamo and the fear of that ever happening here has probably driven their ultra Conservative approach. Decades of wasted funds, underspending on health care ect. has put them in a worse position than most other 1st World countries when it comes to easing restrictions since apparently our dreadful healthcare system can't deal with the potential increased capacities other countries can deal with. It's all a pretty horrible joke.

I'll be doing exactly the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭trixi001

I am starting to get very frustrated again

England has already started to open up - outdoor swimming pools open, people allowed to meet again etc and on the 12th of april, pubs can open outdoors again etc

Scotland - hairdressers, garden centres opening next week, and then on the 26th April, practically everything opening up.

I'm in the North (less than 1mile from the border) - and we have to be content with very minor opening up despite similar levels of vaccinations to England & Scotland, and low cases numbers etc the only thing opening here is schools - and click & collect on the 12th April... its all crazy, and makes no sense

The South is even worse with the stupid 5km restrictions - my normal walking place is 7km over the border, but instead of going to it - i have been driving 20+ miles to get a decent countryside walk, thankfully it looks as if this will at least be lifted, but more needs to open and open up fast

NPHET are social and economic terrorists. Fianna Fáil are spineless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭celt262

trixi001 wrote: »
    I am starting to get very frustrated again

England has already started to open up - outdoor swimming pools open, people allowed to meet again etc and on the 12th of april, pubs can open outdoors again etc

Scotland - hairdressers, garden centres opening next week, and then on the 26th April, practically everything opening up.

I'm in the North (less than 1mile from the border) - and we have to be content with very minor opening up despite similar levels of vaccinations to England & Scotland, and low cases numbers etc the only thing opening here is schools - and click & collect on the 12th April... its all crazy, and makes no sense

The South is even worse with the stupid 5km restrictions - my normal walking place is 7km over the border, but instead of going to it - i have been driving 20+ miles to get a decent countryside walk, thankfully it looks as if this will at least be lifted, but more needs to open and open up fast

You do realise they are months ahead of us with vaccines?

Edit only copped you location now

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement