Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When will it all end?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭dublin_paul

mcsean2163 wrote: »
    I was in Dublin today, it was like the twilight zone.

I drive into Dublin to pick up my gf every so often and it's been pretty damn quiet since Christmas, drive along south william street and it's been nice to see the steps be empty after the semi-permanent session on them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Dickie10 wrote: »
    why not? stop house parties just til after easter

Yeah, let's punish the majority of drinkers who enjoy a few drinks at the weekend after a long week at work because of a few teenagers having house parties. :rolleyes:

There's some people who won't be happy until everyone in the country is sitting at home 24/7 staring at a blank wall drinking water and eating bread until our embarrassment of a government ease restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Because he is a total moron.

24 posts in 7 years. And this is one of them. I dont think boards is for you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

If you wear 9 masks then you reduce transmission by approx 98.23%. You may find it difficult to breathe but that doesnt matter.

Why not just wear as many as many masks that you can fit on your face. Maybe we should all compete with each other to see who can wear the most masks. With a big fat blue peter badge going to the person who can wear the most masks.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,235 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

GT89 wrote: »
    Why not just wear as many as many masks that you can fit on your face. Maybe we should all compete with each other to see who can wear the most masks. With a big fat blue peter badge going to the person who can wear the most masks.

Look at the state of the thread. 9 masks, imaginary stats, masochistic fantasy about government never letting go of lockdown power, ignoring or rubbishing the actual good news that’s coming out. Sad to see people show such faux outrage and trivialise such a serious question.

But in relation to the thread question, here are some indications about when we should see some changes.

“Tight restrictions could remain until early May, a Cabinet committee has heard, but some primary school pupils and Leaving Certificate students are on course to return to school in early March.”

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2021/0218/1197991-cabinet-schools/

The news is pretty positive. The people who are most pessimistic and only want to whinge about the situation seem to be totally disinterested by the actual news about the situation.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Woke up the other day and before I could even boil the kettle, our clown act of a Taoiseach had already casually extended lockdown by a month in a radio interview. Drops another month on us tonight via an interview with a tabloid rag as we are about to go to bed, most of the country oblivious.

Fcuk off, honestly.

Lundstram wrote: »
    Woke up the other day and before I could even boil the kettle, our clown act of a Taoiseach had already casually extended lockdown by a month in a radio interview. Drops another month on us tonight via an interview with a tabloid rag as we are about to go to bed, most of the country oblivious.

Fcuk off, honestly.

Who told you it would end in March or April?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

Look at the state of the thread. 9 masks, imaginary stats, masochistic fantasy about government never letting go of lockdown power, ignoring or rubbishing the actual good news that’s coming out. Sad to see people show such faux outrage and trivialise such a serious question.

But in relation to the thread question, here are some indications about when we should see some changes.

“Tight restrictions could remain until early May, a Cabinet committee has heard, but some primary school pupils and Leaving Certificate students are on course to return to school in early March.”

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2021/0218/1197991-cabinet-schools/

The news is pretty positive. The people who are most pessimistic and only want to whinge about the situation seem to be totally disinterested by the actual news about the situation.

A return to normality should be expected by the people immediately not in March not in May but NOW. There should be pressure from the people in order to get the lockdown lifted and not just lift the 5km restriction and open some businesses but open all businesses remove the mask and social distancing guidelines and get on with life as normal vaccine or not.

Allow us to fill our football stadiums, our pubs and our workplaces just like Florida where there are zero covid restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,560 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Micky 32 wrote: »
    Why do you keep posting this condescending exaggerated nonsense? Show me posts where some have said “ in a few weeks”? Or do you post this shyte to make you seem more relevent on here or something?

There are plenty here who are and were adamant that vaccinating some old people would be enough to open up the country completely.

We had posters try and claim that 30,000 cases a day would be ok, so long as we had ICU capacity!?

It is the prevailing mood among many that we should open up sooner rather than wait.

You even dismissed a poll on the matter, because of your own 'lived' experience.

The posting history of users is there to all to see.

GT89 wrote: »
    A return to normality should be expected by the people immediately not in March not in May but NOW. There should be pressure from the people in order to get the lockdown lifted and not just lift the 5km restriction and open some businesses but open all businesses remove the mask and social distancing guidelines and get on with life as normal vaccine or not.

Allow us to fill our football stadiums, our pubs and our workplaces just like Florida where there are zero covid restrictions.

Sure. Sure.

Meanwhile, back in reality...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

markodaly wrote: »

You even dismissed a poll on the matter, because of your own 'lived' experience.

Once again the random poll you posted painted a different picture than the picture I’m experiencing out there. I dismissed it because i think it’s shyte. It’s simple you stick with your poll and i’ll stick with real life experience.

Most posters on here don’t want “ open everything now” most posters would like restrictions eased in correlation with vaccinations and numbers/hospital cases dropping. You seem to like to mock them posters, i guess it makes you feel almighty or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Dickie10 wrote: »
    why not? stop house parties just til after easter

Great idea. Ban alcohol and create an amazing opportunity for black market entrepreneurs, ‘beer barons’ and drug dealers! Those who don’t give enough of a ****e to have house parties now, won’t give a second thought about going underground to get drink/drugs/whatever to still have house parties after the prohibition you’re suggesting.

All it will do is punish the regular folk, just trying to enjoy a well earned tipple of a weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Parachutes

I'm starting to think all these lockdown lunatics are just misanthropes who hate seeing other people...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,422 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Parachutes wrote: »
    I'm starting to think all these lockdown lunatics are just misanthropes who hate seeing other people...

They have just exposed themselves to too much hysteria and succumb to it....it can get the better of the best minds, we've never seen hysteria like this!!!

They can talk for hours about mutations and variants...it's bizarre!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Who told you it would end in March or April?

No-one said it would ‘end’ in March or April, but there was talk of an easing of some restrictions by then. Bit tighter now with the worry over the transmissibility of the U.K. variant, but hopefully after Easter we’ll be in a better place to ease a few bits of bobs (not sure what but perhaps gyms/hairdressers/non-essential retail etc)...

:p

They can talk for hours about mutations and variants...it's bizarre!!!

Here is something for them to talk about ;) oh the variants it’s the variants :p:pac:

https://twitter.com/sailorrooscout/status/1362180674761986049?s=20

Good news on the transmission end of things too

https://twitter.com/coronavirusgoo1/status/1362521413551292417?s=21

mcsean2163 wrote: »
    I was in Dublin today, it was like the twilight zone.

Yes, because we are in level 5. Which will effect a lot of people that live outside Dublin if only Dublin remained at that level

• Registered Users Posts: 38,374 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Good news on the transmission end of things too

https://twitter.com/coronavirusgoo1/status/1362521413551292417?s=21

No doubt it is good news but not so much with us been locked down for another 9 weeks and then possibly only moving to level 4

PTH2009 wrote: »
    No doubt it is good news but not so much with us been locked down for another 9 weeks and then possibly only moving to level 4

If the vaccines work and yield the results as hoped in the coming months restrictions will begin to ease. It doesn’t matter what they are saying today things can change as the vaccination program continues.

Come September and if the population are vaccinated we won’t be locked up if sickness and deaths are down.

• Advertisement

Once again the random poll you posted painted a different picture than the picture I’m experiencing out there. I dismissed it because i think it’s shyte. It’s simple you stick with your poll and i’ll stick with real life experience.

You can believe anything you want, it doesn't make it so or true.

I asked you a few times, in what capacity do you work with the public?
    You seem to like to mock them posters, i guess it makes you feel almighty or something.

No, I don't mock anyone, but I just point out anti-factual belief centric thinking.
    After all, that is what Anti-Vaxxers and Flat-earthers engage in.

You can believe anything you want, it doesn't make it so or true.

I asked you a few times, in what capacity do you work with the public?

No, I don't mock anyone, but I just point out anti-factual belief centric thinking.
    After all, that is what Anti-Vaxxers and Flat-earthers engage in.

Likewise, you can believe anything you want also. It goes both ways. I believe in real life rather than polls that try to tell me different, incorrectly.

It’s none of your business what i do and i won’t be disclosing the nature of my work to a random internet poster.

So, just because we have people who are fed up and optimistically hope we can open up fully sooner than others you compare them to anti vaxxers and flat earthers? You’re not with it at all, delusional stuff…

Likewise, you can believe anything you want also. It goes both ways. I believe in real life rather than polls that try to tell me different, incorrectly.

The difference though is, that I take my viewpoint from other evidence, not how the wind blows.
    It’s none of your business what i do and i won’t be disclosing the nature of my work to a random internet poster.

OK , grand. So suffice to say, you have a vested interest in getting things re-opened early.
    So, just because we have people who are fed up and optimistically hope we can open up fully sooner than others you compare them to anti vaxxers and flat earthers? You’re not with it at all, delusional stuff…

People can be fed up all they want, doesn't mean that they can choose their own facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭mcsean2163

Le Bruise wrote: »
    No-one said it would ‘end’ in March or April, but there was talk of an easing of some restrictions by then. Bit tighter now with the worry over the transmissibility of the U.K. variant, but hopefully after Easter we’ll be in a better place to ease a few bits of bobs (not sure what but perhaps gyms/hairdressers/non-essential retail etc)...

Irish times said level 5 lockdown until march 5th.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/level-5-restrictions-set-to-be-extended-until-march-5th-with-clamp-down-on-travel-1.4467562?mode=amp

Is there a break down on the total numbers of people in each group?

The difference though is, that I take my viewpoint from other evidence, not how the wind blows.

OK , grand. So suffice to say, you have a vested interest in getting things re-opened early.

People can be fed up all they want, doesn't mean that they can choose their own facts.

Yes you are correct there is a difference but we are going around in circles. You believe your online polls and but i tend to believe in real life interaction with people . I know what I’m choosing right now and certainly not your polls.

Wrong. No i don’t have a “vested interest” opening up early. I want things to open up when it’s safe to do so in tandem how the roll out of the vaccines and their success.

It doesn’t matter what facts people choose they are all opinions just like yours and mine but like I said comparing people who don’t share your opinion to flat earthers and anti Vaxxers is quite a clueless and delusional arrogant statement :rolleyes:

My god the condescension on the last few pages of this post is unbelievable. Everyone needs to chill out a bit.

Either way here we go again. Another 9 weeks of this absolute balderdash, and while I am not surprised I am heartbroken. I fear there will be another excuse in May and we will never be out of this.

My god the condescension on the last few pages of this post is unbelievable. Everyone needs to chill out a bit.

Either way here we go again. Another 9 weeks of this absolute balderdash, and while I am not surprised I am heartbroken. I fear there will be another excuse in May and we will never be out of this.

9 more ****ing weeks. I can't do it

• Advertisement

9 more ****ing weeks. I can't do it

Stay strong. Just keep it together and push through. You can do this!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement