Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a Staff notice board in the Mater hospital ?

Options
  • 10-01-2021 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi, I've a room to rent very close to Mater. Don't really want to advertise on daft.ie as inundated with queries. Think it would suit someone on placement etc.

Comments

I don't know but you could try calling it in to them?

Contact details here: https://www.mater.ie/contact/directory/

If there is a physical board, security might be able to help, or HR might be able to pass it on to new employees. Since I had a look I've copied both below.

Human Resources
    Reception

T: 01 803 2686

Security
    T: 01 803 4005

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Everlong1

You could try Get Digs Ireland. With COVID keeping the students at home I've had an ad running on this for ages and barely half a dozen enquiries since March.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,410 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I’d imagine staff notice boards are in areas restricted to staff only.. away from the public..

So in the current climate, health climate they might not be keen to take in things from the public to put in staff areas.. maybe try emailing the hospital . Or calling the above numbers kindly posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭RurtBeynolds

You want to to waltz into a hospital during a pandemic to post an ad on a notice board? Seriously?

Just post on daft and use a temp email, no mobile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

I think the hospitals are busy enough with their work than to be entertaining stuff
    like this.

As for asking HR to email to new starts - lol. They wouldn't. They have enough to be doing day in day out without entertaining this sort of messing about for random third parties.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 aka_kate

Everlong1 wrote: »
    You could try Get Digs Ireland. With COVID keeping the students at home I've had an ad running on this for ages and barely half a dozen enquiries since March.

Hi
    Yes I'm on there aswell. Have been successful in the past but for obvious reasons not so much recently! That's why I thought nurses on short placements.
    Thanks for suggestion tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭kravmaga

aka_kate wrote: »
    Hi, I've a room to rent very close to Mater. Don't really want to advertise on daft.ie as inundated with queries. Think it would suit someone on placement etc.

My aunt is a nurse there and there is no way you would be allowed in.

Its strictly staff only since the pandemic kicked in last year.

Plus notice boards are in the staff areas not public areas.

You could try Security staff at the main entrance.

Any paperwork /flyers may not be accepted though , we are in a pandemic after all

Advertisement