Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prime Video

Options
  • 10-01-2021 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭

Random episodes of Vikings are “unavailable”.

I’ve tried reporting it to Amazon customer service but they are waffling about about Brexit or telling me use the browser site.

Does this happen a lot on prime?

Will they episode return in soon?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭adm

I think they have definitely changed something in last couple of weeks. Bloody Brexit!
    Shows that used to work for me now don't (e.g. seinfeld).
    They now only work with a vpn set to uk - so you could try that with a missing episode to see if it works (get a vpn trial). there may be some geoblocking gone wrong or something.

I find their app on Android tv to be buggy also but that's another issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

adm wrote: »
    I think they have definitely changed something in last couple of weeks. Bloody Brexit!
    Shows that used to work for me now don't (e.g. seinfeld).
    They now only work with a vpn set to uk - so you could try that with a missing episode to see if it works (get a vpn trial). there may be some geoblocking gone wrong or something.

I find their app on Android tv to be buggy also but that's another issue.

The episodes were available again today.

Each support agent yesterday went straight to blaming Brexit but if Brexit has had had an effect on licensing then it would have the whole series or at least the whole season.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭adm

The episodes were available again today.

Each support agent yesterday went straight to blaming Brexit but if Brexit has had had an effect on licensing then it would have the whole series or at least the whole season.

I went to watch new American gods and got not available. But worked with uk vpn.
    And that's their own bloody show.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,476 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

This happened with Supernatural before they lost the rights to the show. All episodes were removed shortly after.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭dam099

adm wrote: »
    I went to watch new American gods and got not available. But worked with uk vpn.
    And that's their own bloody show.

First episode of season 3 worked for me the other night.

Its only kind of their show, US first airings are on Starz. Think they have the US streaming and international rights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

Those episodes of Vikings became unavailable again the following morning.

I got support agent after support agent telling me it was due to Brexit until eventually I got an agent willing to report it as technical issue.

Advertisement