Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NAS Student paramedic 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 MichaelTheMon

Hi everyone,

regarding the references from employers, Does anyone employers not give out references? As per the policy in my company, they don't do references and just state that you worked there for X amount of years. Is anyone else in a similar position?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Fiatlegend

Any one of law find the reference form incredibly complicated to fill out , felt the instructions weren’t very clear , references need to email the template to the HSE but is it a separate form for both references or can they both go down on the one ?

Honestly it's not clear at all. My company don't do references so I'm in a bit of a pickle..

• Registered Users Posts: 25 tinkerbell19

hey i've been reading all previous comments and all are really helpful. i've applied for this recruitment which closed on the 4th so i wonder when we will hear about dates for the aptitude? i applied before they amended the application criteria and those information packs stated the tests would be may? wonder when dates will be announced? i have my EMT osce's on the 17th so i hope they don't clash!

for those who will be starting in september have you been given start and end times for the college part and when you will be out on placement? i'm assuming the people who get through interviews in june/july won't be offered september?

cheers.

• Advertisement

Yes anyone who had applied won’t get September but January I think if not later , the current panel is active till June and the panel from Novembers recruitment is just gone live , we already have start dates for college and placement

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Skorpion

Hi, do you have any advice or link, how to practice the aptitude test before sitting on the real one??

• Registered Users Posts: 18 SnowFlakes2019

Just got the email that I passed the aptitude tests. Have to submit original documents by 10th of June and interviews will be held beginning of July

• Registered Users Posts: 3 orlah92

Has anybody done the medical with the corporate health crowd yet? How was it?

I'm due to do mine now on July 6th down in Limerick.

• Advertisement

Passed the aptitude and they sent confirmation for the documents received. Anyone heard anything from them since regards to interview slots yet?

Also passed and sent off documents. Got confirmation of receipt. No word on interviews yet. They're starting week July 4th so hopefully will hear next week.

It seemed to be moving really quick and now has slowed down. Raged if I can’t start sept. Was talking to one of the AP’s that teach in the ballinasloe college and he said it’s fairly heavy for the first 13weeks. Are you already an EMT or is this your starting point?

Even if we pass the interviews and make the panel, no chance of September start. The panel that was formed before us has gone live recently and they have to get through that first.

Realistically, probably September next year. Usually takes about a year from getting on the panel.

Trained up to EFR and retained fire service at the moment.

Ah I wouldn’t say next sept I’d imagine January 2023. Not many applied this time round even after the c1 licence was scrapped

That would be great if we were offered January. Hope so. I'd be looking for Tullamore as it's handy for me. Where's your closest NAS college ?

I’d be looking for Ballinasloe as it would be closer but Tullamore as second choice as it’s only slightly further away. I’m hoping January for sure. Seems to be a fair amount in it even after accepting an offer with medical and references. My current job won’t give references.

Just got an email regarding the interview. Got though the eligibility sift and deemed eligible.

Have to start preparing now for competency interview.

Same. Interview dates and times will be issued by post. I did the interview prep with emt cpc and was brilliant. Feel confident for interview after doing the prep with him.

Got interview date. Mines on the 5th excited but nervous 😳

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 frankiedoherty

Hi there, are there any older candidates out there? I'm considering a career change in my 40s and have the interview next week, I'm nervous reading all the comments that you could be left on the panel a while, time is not on my side , any other older candidates out there? Anyone do e the interview that could share how it went?

Thanks in advance

Got the interview pack also. Mine is on Monday 4th July. Does anyone have an idea of what to wear to it? Is it formal, semi-formal or casual?

As far as I was told dress for it like a proper formal interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭NeuronalJoe

Plenty of people in my class were in their 40's, some in their 50's. Depending on the number of people on the panel and where you place you could be in the next class or one next year. They have been consistently running a class every Jan and Sept for the past couple of years.

The interview is formal and competency-based. They'll ask you about the examples you've submitted and have you elaborated a bit. Depending on what your answers are you'll get a score. The minimum score to pass each competency is 40 or 50/100 I think. I've no idea what the marking scheme is.

They are normally quite good at getting the interview results out quickly.

Can you use new scenarios as opposed to the ones used on the application form?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭NeuronalJoe

Yeah, they usually ask if you want to use the one you submitted or a different one.

Anyone here starting in September that has done their medical? I've mine this day week down in Limerick. Just wanting to know what to expect! thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Comot73

Yeh I had mine last week, went through vaccination records first with the usual health questionnaire, then into nurse for hearing, eye test including colour blindness, blood pressure, bmi, urine, bloods at the end, and the part I wasn’t expecting is a Chester step test 😂

chest monitor strapped on and you do the step up and down at quickening pace until 150bpm, so wear something loose and good runners.

Think that’s about it

• Registered Users Posts: 3 geordie2105

Hi Everyone

I have progressed to Interview Stage. Just been reading some previous and past posts from people who have completed the interviews. I am putting bullet points together on the Structure and Role of the NAS, Info on the actual Student Paramedic Course, Learning my scenarios that I had written on my application. Would anyone have any other tips, information or helpful pointers. Thank you all in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Skorpion

I just wonder does any one know how long we have to wait for the interview results?? Are they going to send it by post or online??

Advertisement