Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NAS Student paramedic 2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Skorpion

Same I, every hour. But I think they'll send us text messages first.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 minilad

Hi guys, I missed this intake but want to apply for the next. Were ye given any idea of when the next intake might be? Do they recruit twice a year? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ajade_2022

Hi guys. I also got the expression of interest. I don’t think we will hear anything... they’ve already given out the offers, my friend got one on the 22nd July for ballinasloe.

Yea, I emailed them today, and I've been told that all new post were given out. So it's pity 😕 but we have to wait until next one.

Is it only twice per year, like September and January??

Yes next offers will be January 2023! I did expect to get a message even to say I was unsuccessful in these offers but doesn’t look like it at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 ChattyChick

Thanks for the update everyone. Actually can't believe how gutted I am. I knew it was a slim chance but we can dream, huh? Maybe I'll see you all in January.

Huge CONGRATULATIONS to all of you who made it through. I hope you have an amazing time and a long and happy career ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 e2410

Does anyone know if we will hear from recruitment on availability of the hotel accommodation option near the hotel or if that is still an option for September ?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 ChattyChick

Well done on getting in! Can't answer your question but hope you really enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭sudocremegg

Last I heard the hotel stopped doing the staff discount rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 minilad

New recruitment for student paramedics opened yesterday on public jobs if anyone is looking to apply!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Comot73

Are we expecting an email with info for the first day in september for those offered spots?

Surely there is a list of stuff we would have to bring or stuff like that.

About 2 weeks before the course you should get some basic info. Just a dress code and time to arrive. Only thing you need to bring on the day is pen and a notepad, and I'd recommend a folder as you are going to get lots of various papers over the course.

Treat it like your first day in college.

Perfect, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Berian

Have place, due to start Sep 5th. But still awaiting Garda e-vetting. Anyone have any idea when we could expect contracts?

Have you got your contract yet? I have a provisional place for 5th Sep but still waiting garda vetting and my Referees have not been rang

Yeh I get everything done very early, my contract was signed weeks ago. My medical was June and that was the last thing I had to do

Thank you. Best of luck to you in the course. I'll keep my fingers crossed that all works out for me

• Registered Users Posts: 6 cat84i

Hi Just wondering if student paramedics course is insanely hard? I heard of a few ppl getting 3 strikes within a month and getting put out of course? Does this still happen?

I’ve got ballinasloe for January... just wondering has anyone else..?

When you've got offered??

• Advertisement

I got the EOI on Tuesday and the offers on Thursday.

Yes, it's possibly one of the most stressful and intense things you will ever do. People still get thrown out, even towards the final exam. You will have to study very very hard. There are times where they will treat you not nice at all too.

I'm not trying to put you off doing it but just be prepared as it's not a walk in the park. Study hard, put in the time, even people who aren't academically bright get through it. Write off your life for the first year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Jumparoundnow

First time posting...

Congrats to you...Well done.....I got Tallaght for January. Delighted!!!

Did you hear anything from recruitscreening yet?

Just they were fairly specific about an email in the coming days and nothing here yet. Thanks

Thanks and congrats to you too!...

I’d imagine they are extremely busy with ballinasloe and tullamore college having new students starting on Monday and Tallagh the following week so that’s why we haven’t heard anything from the recruitsreening email yet. Not 100% sure that’s just what I’m thinking anyways 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Jumparoundnow

Thanks for getting back....Yeah you are probably right... Busy time for them!

Just wanted to make sure I was not missing an email in the black hole of my spam folder 😁

All the best with the course....Might see you down the road at some stage!!! 👍️

Yeah hope we hear something soon anyways!

best of luck yourself, it’s a very exciting time!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 MichaelTheMon

Hey everyone. I just started with NAS this week in Tallaght on the student paramedic programme. If anyone needs any help or has questions around the course I'd be happy to try and answer them best I can!

Hi, I'm going to start in January in Tullamore, and I wonder about roster? How many days per week you are in college and what time you start and finish? Also I've heard that 3 weeks in college you start ambulance placement, is it correct?? Thank in advance 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 14 MichaelTheMon

So its a two week induction to start (Getting to know college etc.) then its back home for a week ambulance observer. Its then when you are back at down at college its where you do all the learning modules to Xmas. I'm not sure around rosters as it's different to each base/region but for the observer week its 3 shifts.

• Advertisement

Thanks for getting back 😊 how do you find it so far??

Advertisement