Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing International transfer Money

Options
  • 11-01-2021 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi there,

I made a mistake that sent amount of money from bank of Ireland to non-exist account in China Bank, the central China bank has traced that money and sent it back 16/12.  Also I also have requested a recall from boi side,  Numerous calls/messages to BOI customer services 365 and got me the same response: there is no time frame to receive the money after recall and will be looking into that" which is obviously unacceptable. 
    it's been over a month after recall (The precondition is that china bank has sent it back almost a month ago) I still don't see that money . I am wondering if boi is working on the issue?

Does anyone encounter the same issue?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Megan

Hi there,

I made a mistake that sent amount of money from bank of Ireland to non-exist account in China Bank, the central China bank has traced that money and sent it back 16/12.  Also I also have requested a recall from boi side,  Numerous calls/messages to BOI customer services 365 and got me the same response: there is no time frame to receive the money after recall and will be looking into that" which is obviously unacceptable. 
    it's been over a month after recall (The precondition is that china bank has sent it back almost a month ago) I still don't see that money . I am wondering if boi is working on the issue?

Thanks
    Good morning AgnesCaoLei,

Thank you for getting in touch with us here. 

When you request for a recall of funds, we will try to retrieve these funds on a best effort basis. There is no time frame in place for the recall process. Once we have retrieved the funds, they are automatically put back into your account.

For updates in relation to your recall, please log into the 365 mobile app, select Services and then Send Us A Message. One of my colleagues will look into this for you.

Take care and stay safe.

Many thanks,
    Megan

• Registered Users Posts: 2 AgnesCaoLei

Hi there,

Thanks

When you request for a recall of funds, we will try to retrieve these funds on a best effort basis. There is no time frame in place for the recall process. Once we have retrieved the funds, they are automatically put back into your account.

For updates in relation to your recall, please log into the 365 mobile app, select Services and then Send Us A Message. One of my colleagues will look into this for you.

Take care and stay safe.

Many thanks,
    Megan
    your response is exactly same with previous customer services, which is UNACCEPTABLE, Are you really trying to retrieve funds on a best effort basis ? I am questioning on that since BOI kept gave me that SAME answer for over a month and never see any useful result. Money has been returned for long time and these funds should be in your side now. I don't understand which step is wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Megan

Hi there,

Thanks

Take care and stay safe.

Many thanks,
    Megan
    your response is exactly same with previous customer services, which is UNACCEPTABLE, Are you really trying to retrieve funds on a best effort basis ? I am questioning on that since BOI kept gave me that SAME answer for over a month and never see any useful result. Money has been returned for long time and these funds should be in your side now. I don't understand which step is wrong.
    Thank you for getting back to us here. 

I am sorry that you are unhappy with the service. We will try our very best to retrieve your funds for you and there would not be a time frame for this I'm afraid. 

If you have requested this recall, please be assured that this is being looked into. For any updates, please go through the send us a message option on our mobile app or call our customer service team on 0818365365 (0035314044000 from abroad)

I am sorry that I could not be of further assistance to you. 

Many thanks,
    Megan

Advertisement