Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

YouTube Premium thread SEE OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Thanks for the info!
    JFYI in the case of Argentinian Netflix the bad news is that the "tax" ends up more like 64% - I think they are now charging both VAT and the new digital tax.

If they do, I'll be down about 30c and a quick switch back to India.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭bluefinger

My first ARS payment came out today. I was paying €18 for family sub, thanks to the hivemind in BA that's now €1.70. Thanks everyone. No sign of any additional taxes and very simple to do.

Nice to get a bargain alert that actually involve saving money rather buying something I don't need for once! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,996 ✭✭✭dodzy

Hi, i was lurking and saw your post. I'm a member of Spotify family from here from a couple of years ago and it's been going great.

So I'd like to join your yt family by paypal or revolute, whichever you prefer,

Thanks,
    Peter.

I’m all for bargains but surely at this price point we are past the need for this?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

dodzy wrote: »
    I’m all for bargains but surely at this price point we are past the need for this?

I really don’t get it either, it’s less than €2 for a premium account and €5ish for top package on Netflix and still some people just want others to do everything for them. Bargain alerts is brilliant and has saved us all some money, but cmon lads, all the information is here on how to get it up and running for yourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Westport Covies

Aquos76 wrote: »
    I really don’t get it either, it’s less than €2 for a premium account and €5ish for top package on Netflix and still some people just want others to do everything for them. Bargain alerts is brilliant and has saved us all some money, but cmon lads, all the information is here on how to get it up and running for yourselves.

I didn't read the thread, so once i saw someone asking to join a family sub, I'm all for it..

Didn't know we could get it singly so cheap. Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Did you all just put in some random Indian address on Google when subbing?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Westport Covies

Kolido wrote: »
    This is the first address I found in Google for Buenos Aires

Calle Dr. Mariano Moreno 1228
    Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires
    C1091AAZ
    Buenos Aires

Thanks for the help everyone.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Kolido wrote: »

I used the Apple Store

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Joziburg

What exactly is the real benefit of Premium, apart from being able to minimise the app and have is still play in background?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Bill Ponderosa

Joziburg wrote: »
    What exactly is the real benefit of Premium, apart from being able to minimise the app and have is still play in background?

No ads and YouTube music.

• Advertisement

No Ads. Ever.
    Google Music App which allows you to play any video as audio in the car e.g. live gigs

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,299 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I used to use my 3 credit for yt music(€9.99p/m), cancelled that and got this offer, now I buy/rent movies on play store with 3 credit that is close to expiring and play on yt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Fabio

Lads - can you set up a new Gmail account and tie that to your Youtube Premium and use it away on your phone without having to switch back and forth between accounts?

I'm just a bit wary of Google shutting down my Gmail if they decide to crack down on this stuff and given that my Gmail is needed for work I'd be in a bit of sh!t...

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

Fabio wrote: »
    Lads - can you set up a new Gmail account and tie that to your Youtube Premium and use it away on your phone without having to switch back and forth between accounts?

I'm just a bit wary of Google shutting down my Gmail if they decide to crack down on this stuff and given that my Gmail is needed for work I'd be in a bit of sh!t...

Yes you can. I have 5 or 6 google accounts logged in everywhere, one of which is the Indian one I use for youtube premium. In all google apps on phones/the web etc. there is an account switcher so you can easily have the default account for Youtube one account, and a different account in other services.

I would definitely recommend setting up a new account from fresh in the country you are planning to subscribe from - especially if you use things like Google Pay etc. on your main google account.
    Not strictly related to this, but I had a lot of issues with google wallet/pay on my main account because I used that account to set up a google merchant account from the US years ago, and there was a lot of hassle updating my address etc. to use GPay.
    So anything to do with payments/addresses etc. I would definitely keep separate. Just safer all around, in addition to the point you make if google cracked down on this some time in the future.

There is no downside to having a separate account for just YouTube that I've encountered in the 2 years I've been set up like this. Only thing I could think of was if you were really attached to your YouTube watch history or something.

Yes you can. I have 5 or 6 google accounts logged in everywhere, one of which is the Indian one I use for youtube premium. In all google apps on phones/the web etc. there is an account switcher so you can easily have the default account for Youtube one account, and a different account in other services.

I would definitely recommend setting up a new account from fresh in the country you are planning to subscribe from - especially if you use things like Google Pay etc. on your main google account.
    Not strictly related to this, but I had a lot of issues with google wallet/pay on my main account because I used that account to set up a google merchant account from the US years ago, and there was a lot of hassle updating my address etc. to use GPay.
    So anything to do with payments/addresses etc. I would definitely keep separate. Just safer all around, in addition to the point you make if google cracked down on this some time in the future.

There is no downside to having a separate account for just YouTube that I've encountered in the 2 years I've been set up like this. Only thing I could think of was if you were really attached to your YouTube watch history or something.
    Thanks setanta, you've answered it in one go. I use Google Pay as well so I have to be careful with my "real" account.

Might go set up a new one. Would it be similar with potential family members?

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

Fabio wrote: »

Might go set up a new one. Would it be similar with potential family members?

Yeah, I created all new accounts for the linked family subscription. Everything to do with the country falsification is siloed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Worked perfectly. Had 4 months of a free trial I never knew I was entitled to, so I've 4 months before I'm charged the first of my Argentinian Pesos or whatever the currency is!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,765 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Yeah, I created all new accounts for the linked family subscription. Everything to do with the country falsification is siloed.

good thinking...

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

I've been on the 'Indian' premium for over a year but naively used my normal gmail.

Is there anyway to switch it apart from cancelling & setting up another account on a burner gmail?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Technique

I'm thinking of just handing myself in immediately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Realtai

Apologies for asking such a stupid question, but if I use a VPN to sign up for say...Indian youtube premium,
    will I have to continue to use the VPN to watch stuff on there, or can I switch back to my own IP address?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Bill Ponderosa

Realtai wrote: »
    Apologies for asking such a stupid question, but if I use a VPN to sign up for say...Indian youtube premium,
    will I have to continue to use the VPN to watch stuff on there, or can I switch back to my own IP address?

Yes, read the OP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭SickBoy

The VPN is only necessary to sign-up, once completed work away as normal without using VPN.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

is there any way you can pay for a full year youtube premium outright instead of monthly.

my old ipad had an old version of youtube that doesnt seem to the programming language to accept ads. But Youtube said this version of youtube is no longer supported.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

All info here
    > https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115884006&postcount=1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭shanec1928

the newest resident of the Irish embassy in India :D

Technique wrote: »

Be careful you don't stumble onto a TV license thread...:D

Why??????? Are you doing something illegal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Technique

TheDriver wrote: »
    Why??????? Are you doing something illegal?

Probably. Between cheap family YouTube from Argentina and watching BBC iPlayer through a VPN, I feel ike Pablo Escobar. Just waiting on the Garda ERU to abseil in through my living room window at any moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

Contradiction there. you cant think of doing something and then do it immediately. you either immediately do something, or you think about it and do it soon.

Advertisement