Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

YouTube Premium thread SEE OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Don't mind me asking but what card did you use with Curve?

Revolut

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Revolut

Sounds like a card inception - proxy over proxy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Set my vpn to turkey, opened my youtube app, went to premium and it's 17 lira which seems right, do I just enter my revolute card and that's it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Hococop wrote: »
    Set my vpn to turkey, opened my youtube app, went to premium and it's 17 lira which seems right, do I just enter my revolute card and that's it?

Set up the family, if applicable, before you pay.

JTMan wrote: »
    Set up the family, if applicable, before you pay.

Not pushed on the family plan, just remembering someone saying to create a random address, but when I use the you tube app it just looks for payment as I'm using my main youtube account, is that right? As soon as I do that it's set up again?

Edit: do I need to add turkish lira to my revolute account?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Not pushed on the family plan, just remembering someone saying to create a random address, but when I use the you tube app it just looks for payment as I'm using my main youtube account, is that right? As soon as I do that it's set up again?

Edit: do I need to add turkish lira to my revolute account?

You can use your main You Tube account.

You do not need to add Turkish Lira to your Revolut account.

JTMan wrote: »
    You can use your main You Tube account.

You do not need to add Turkish Lira to your Revolut account.

Cheer's just set up €1.91, lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 12,497 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Why did you use Turkey? Argentina is only about 1.13

TheDriver wrote: »
    Why did you use Turkey? Argentina is only about 1.13

For some reason just remember some saying they never had issues setting up with turkey, I could be wrong, still happy at the price I got compared to the normal price

For some reason just remember some saying they never had issues setting up with turkey, I could be wrong, still happy at the price I got compared to the normal price
    I found them all the same to setup. Just had to find an address in each country from Google.

• Advertisement

I found them all the same to setup. Just had to find an address in each country from Google.

Didn't need to enter an address, I had a vpn bought (surfshark) activated it in the app and went to my youtube app and just joined premium, I'm assuming that was ok?

Didn't need to enter an address, I had a vpn bought (surfshark) activated it in the app and went to my youtube app and just joined premium, I'm assuming that was ok?

Once you paid the correct amount then happy days.
    As I think about it, I don't recall entering an address either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Great tip from OP and others. Just signed up for Argentina YouTube using Revolut. 1.60 per month, just used tunnelbear and a wework address.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Set this up in 3 mins following instructions in OP. Its a doddle. Starting to use youtube as a main viewing platform and the ads are a right pain.

Indian youtube 4 months free then 129 rupees a month which is about €1.30, turkish netflix which brings price down from 17.99 per month to around 3 or 4 quid I think

Well done B.A.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Buddy Bubs wrote: »
    Set this up in 3 mins following instructions in OP. Its a doddle. Starting to use youtube as a main viewing platform and the ads are a right pain.

Indian youtube 4 months free then 129 rupees a month which is about €1.30, turkish netflix which brings price down from 17.99 per month to around 3 or 4 quid I think

Well done B.A.

How did you get the 4 months free?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,300 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Nigzcurran wrote: »

I think different countries have different free trials at the start.
    I joined Argentina, and got one month free.

Buddy Bubs wrote: »

Well done B.A.

I find the same. You watch youtube more regularly when it's an instant watch on the TV with no ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Still getting ads on some videos when watching YouTube on the TV which is annoying.

tossy wrote: »
    Still getting ads on some videos when watching YouTube on the TV which is annoying.

Noticed some of the stuff my son watches still has ads for some reason as well

Such as?

• Advertisement

Such as?

Iirc it was the Mr Bean tv series, typically though I can’t find any of them now when I search his history

• Registered Users Posts: 4,357 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

That's very weird...I have no ads on mine at all

• Registered Users Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Was just there as an offer when I started the sign up, only a fiver saved anyway no biggie.

Iirc it was the Mr Bean tv series, typically though I can’t find any of them now when I search his history

Yep it was definitely there, he was sitting beside me watching it on his phone and I heard an ad and when I looked at the progress bar on the video he was watching it had a load of the little yellow bars indicating where the ads where, I even double checked to make sure he was logged into the premium account

Yep it was definitely there, he was sitting beside me watching it on his phone and I heard an ad and when I looked at the progress bar on the video he was watching it had a load of the little yellow bars indicating where the ads where, I even double checked to make sure he was logged into the premium account

No ads for me on phone or laptop - on these devices when i use youtube it says premium beside the youtube symbol but on the LG tv it still says youtube no mention of premium and getting ads, carwow is one channel i'm getting Ads on from the top of my head.

EDIT: just logged in there now and seeing a full length banner Ad for the new VW ID4.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,969 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

No ads for me on phone or laptop - on these devices when i use youtube it says premium beside the youtube symbol but on the LG tv it still says youtube no mention of premium and getting ads, carwow is one channel i'm getting Ads on from the top of my head.

EDIT: just logged in there now and seeing a full length banner Ad for the new VW ID4.

Are you sure you're using the same account on both TV and phone?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Are you sure you're using the same account on both TV and phone?

Yeah same account, this evening i will try logout and log back in again on the TV and see if it makes any difference. I did google it though and it seems to be a thing. I'm outraged it's not what I'm spending 179 pesos a month for! :D

Update - signed out of account on TV then signed in again using the 'use your phone' option and it's working perfect now. Youtube logo replaced by premium logo on TV.

Update - signed out of account on TV then signed in again using the 'use your phone' option and it's working perfect now. Youtube logo replaced by premium logo on TV.
    Good to hear
    You should always see premium written.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

First payment for premium taken after trial expired, £1.42, hard tay beat :) Argentina be lovely this time of year.

Many thanks!

Advertisement