Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

YouTube Premium thread SEE OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭toonarmy1

Payment went out of virtual card(mastercard) yesterday after few failed attempts on reg card so hopefully yours will work also

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Turkey seems cheaper than usual at the moment, €1.05 latest payment for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,006 ✭✭✭G1032

Hi

Trying to sign up for this with the ultimate hope that I'll be able to ditch Spotify. But it's looking for a billing address? Surely this must be the same as my Revolut billing address and that's obviously not Turkey? Any way around this?

Will doing this the 'Netflix method' work, I.e. sign up with an Irish account first?

• Advertisement

It's been a while since I did this but fairly sure you just need to login and pay while on a VPN for Turkey or wherever else.

It's not working out like that now for me. Like I'm doing this for Netflix and Amazon and know how to do it but when I go to pay for YouTube it asks for billing address now, even though I have multiple cards already set up on Google Pay. When billing address doesn't match the card address the card doesn't get added. I've signed up now on Irish price for the free month. I'll cancel before the month is up and try work it like I did Netflix.

I'm in🤣🤣

Tried again this morning and this time it didn't even ask for an address

So this is the snag I've hit now. My pay.google.com location on the new account I used to sign up, got set to Turkey. In order to invite family members I'll have to switch that location back to Ireland. I've bought a 1 year sub to Family YT Premium for a little over €10.

The payment to Revoult it still pending so I'll wait for that to go through before I do anymore. After that I'll have to switch location to Ireland and invite family members. But this will mean I can't switch back to Turkey for 365 days, so I won't be able to renew in a year.

Still, we should get the year out of it and I'll worry about next year, neat year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Shouldn’t have needed to change location in the first place, I set mine up with all family members located in Ireland,

• Advertisement

Couldn't get it to work last night at all.

This morning I set up a new account on the phone. Location I assume set to Ireland.

Turned on VPN on laptop.

Opened Incognito tab.

Logged in under my new account. Went to YouTube. Signed up to Premium. Added new card. Payment went through. It was only after all that, when I went to add family member, I realised the location was set to Turkey.

This is what's happening. I'm not allowed actually enter a billing address. I don't get an option to enter street name, city etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Setanter

You create your family first before you go anywhere near premium. When they all accept then you head off to Turkey or wherever.

Revolut will let you set any address you like, for billing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

I started my sub with 2 family members and added 3 a few months later, all locations set to Ireland and never any issues, I think it’s just pot luck how it works for some and not others

I've a new family set up now, all set to Ireland. I'm going to try sign up again in a minute but I know in my heart and soul my location on my admin account will change to Turkey during the purchase process

It worked. I'm in. I've 6 family members on a plan now. Monthly Turkish sub. Checked my wife's phone and although she got no mail welcoming her to YT Premium she has access. I'll add a backup payment method now just in case my Revolut gets declined

Question folks. Before I go and mess this all up is it possible to add a backup payment card and does it need to be done on VPN? I added to Netflix without VPN

Ugh.

Notification just in on Revolut. Payment reverted. Transaction cancelled. Won't let me add any other card. Tried Turkish address and then Irish addess. No go. I give up.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Setanter

Slow down, you got in, activated it and the family worked.

You get (or used to get a free first month) so that explains the cancelled transaction. If you have access I think the payments will sort itself out as long as the revolut is on file.

• Advertisement

Oh that's interesting. Excellent. Ya, I have the free month but hadn't realised that that was why I got the cancelled transaction. The revolut is still on file with a virtual card that doesn't expire until 2027

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Giggernaut

Hey guys,

Ive tried a few times to set up an individual account and no luck.

This is what Ive done, feedback would be great appreciated.

1. VPN - Turkey
    2. Google incognito
    3. Logged into YouTube account
    4. Account showing Turkey
    5. Tried to purchase and coming up full Irish price

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭AB7

This is what I done and I was successful first time:

1) Create a Turkish payment profile @ pay.google.com - Info on how to do this via the link below ->

"Create more than one profile" -> "Add a new profile for a different country" -> follow instructions...

https://support.google.com/paymentscenter/answer/9028746?hl=en#zippy=%2Ccreate-more-than-one-profile

Turkish address is requested, use this link(bestrandoms.com)select Turkey as the country and Google the postcode

Add a payment method for this profile.

2) Turn on VPN to Turkish server (I used Windscribe)

3) Open a new window in Chrome incognito and sign up here - https://www.youtube.com/premium

4) Ensure it displays subscription options in Turkish Lira, Select subscription choice and it should automatically display the Turkish Payment profile you created earlier and purchase the subscription.

Let me know how you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Staleturnips

Has anyone started to experience any bugs after acquiring this subscription?

My YT side panel is now completely blank and the YT settings/profile menu is similarly blank.

Its the same across two different laptops and my firestick so definitely an issue with my YT account and not my personal hardware/software.

I have cleared all cookies/cache/date and uninstalled/reinstalled. All other google services are working as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

The above is a widespread youtube issue today effecting me aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Staleturnips

Yes correct. My YT is fully restored this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,675 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I got an email about them updating their payment terms this bit below is interesting coming next month so will see if they clamp down on the work arounds

"Geographic Restrictions. The Paid Services, and certain content available within the Paid Services, are currently available only in some countries. You agree that you will not present any false, inaccurate or misleading information in an effort to misrepresent yourself as a resident of a supported country, and you will not attempt to circumvent any restrictions on access to or availability of the Paid Services or content available within the Paid Services."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

I saw that email too. Seems ominous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭bromley52

I'm using my main account for this. Might be time to cancel or move to another account. The last thing I want is my Google account being blocked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

Got the email too. Didn't read it all and didn't see the geographical crap on it. I'm with bromley. Might be time for a new account

Advertisement