Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

YouTube Premium thread SEE OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Likewise I may re-setup with one of my dozen dummy accounts just off the small chance there is any hassle with my main gmail account

If I didn't have youtube premium setup with my main gmail I wouldn't be worrying about it, reads as a stern threat with not much substance unless they start demanding proof of address and ID

• Registered Users Posts: 13,363 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

I'm guessing family member accounts should be safe enough, would be only the account through which you pay from that would be in any danger of being blocked. Not that I think there is any danger, probably something they are required to put in their terms now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,482 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I wouldn't take any notice of that, usual generic stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭editorsean

From checking their previous Terms of Service revisions, this paragraph has been present since July 2014 (3rd paragraph under section 3):

https://www.youtube.com/t/terms_paidservice?archive=20140704-en

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

@editorsean thanks for that, less work for me 😁

Best not mess with stuff that is working!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

I pay google €2.50 a month for you tube premium Argentina , I’d pay €0 to google if I had to sign up to you tube premium Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 55,500 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Finally set this up today. All good. Had to use Hola VPN (free) because the wrong country was being reported by VPN Unlimited (Argentina was showing as USA, and Turkey was showing as Iran).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

Just signed up. Family membership 1:49 from argentina - Lovely jubbly.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Worked for me too today, way easier than expected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Staleturnips

I successfully set up an individual subscription so months ago but now want to set up a family subscription.

There is no visible option to change/upgrade my current individual subscription to a family subscription; the option should be there under manage subscription but it isn't.

So I'm just going to set up a new account however I'm having an issue adding all family members to a single account as I'm being told they are in a different country.

I understand that is an issue but where do I change the country of the respective accounts? Is it under google settings or youtube settings?

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

I set up new emais for my new family and then i passed on the details

Post edited by mistress_gi on

If you are already signed up to an individual account you won’t be able to join a family plan till you cancel the individual one

• Registered Users Posts: 13,363 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

You change your country in Google play settings. There might be some restrictions on things you purchased not being available when you change. Might be a better idea to create new accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭xabi

Connected via work VPN to Chennai, its still showing 11.99 EUR when I go to upgrade, am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,216 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Your Work VPN might not route public internet traffic (i.e. google) via it's VPN but only corporate resources, hence your public internet traffic goes via your normal ISP.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Staleturnips

I have came to the conclusion that the entire youtube subscription software behind subscriptions is garbage.

Options, settings, displayed currency, accepted payment methods and a whole manner of things change for no obvious reason. A setup method that worked today wont work tomorrow but may work the following day.

However this is a great deal, probably the best deal I have found on BA and is well worth the hassle.

If you are struggling to set out the subscription I recommend to have patience, follow the advise you find here and it will eventually, certainly work!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭nedd

I set this up using India as my location ages ago. Has been working great.

My Revolut card needs to be updated and struggling to get it to work. How are people paying these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Revolut for me, it always fails once on me (I get the email to say there's a problem) and then goes through (I get the push notification on Revolut app).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭nedd

Thanks, it has been working fine for me for the last few years. I have updated the new card on the system now so will see if it works.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭antimatterx

• Registered Users Posts: 51,220 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I've been using YT Premium through India using Revolut since around 2019. Revolut card recently changed and I had no issues updating payment methond with the new card.

On a similar note, we are seriously being robbed here:

Youtube Premium per month - Ireland €11.99 India €1.60

Netflix 4 screen, 4k package per month - Ireland €20.99 Turkey €4.90

Prime Video per month - Ireland €5.99 Turkey €0.50

It needs to looked at in context though, I’m pretty sure the average wage in those countries is a lot lower than here!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,220 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

What has the average wage got to do with the level or quality of service being provided though? I'm getting the same service and content from YT Premium, Netflix and Prime right now as my neighbour but I'm paying less for it. Seems to be a case of they can simply get away with charging more because we have more money.

C'mere Bazz would ya hop in the car there and pick me up a chicken fillet roll and a can of lucozade? I'll throw you the money for it and fuel when you get here. Or would that be ridiculous to provide a service to a stranger for no profit?

They'll charge what they can to maximise profit. As much as everyone hates the old production house ways of making media Netflix has gone the tech route of GROWTH GROWTH GROWTH and now it's coming back to bite them on the ass. The amount of money they've wasted on dross, like millions and millions on production values for something that should be a local TV show kind of set-up. It's grand for Amazon to do it, it's just a sideshow and maybe it's even useful to goad Netflix.

Anyway, they'll charge what they can to maximise profit and it's a **** streaming service so who really cares? At the same time though, I can barely think of anyone I know who has an active Irish subscription because they've jacked the prices up while not improving content. Did you see this kind of thing? https://news.slashdot.org/story/22/04/25/1417249/netflixs-subscriber-loss-has-destroyed-employee-morale They're a BS tech company at the end of the day. Assume infinite growth but reduce quality and increase prices and then be devastated at the results. 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭john boye

Sometimes there's no point trying to explain things to someone

Guarantee he dosnt complain when he’s on a cheap foreign holiday eating out for peanuts!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,826 ✭✭✭bromley52

Did anyone get 2 refund payments from Raz*YouTube of €0.93 each?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,754 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Yes. I didn't get two but I certainly did get a refund. I wonder what that's about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭w4ntedman

I got the email saying payment needed to be updated but it won't let me. Tried several different cards real and virtual. I get as far as allowing the payment in the revolut/ bank app and it says cannot update.

I have tried several browsers,devices and combinations of vpn off and on.

It says I have 3 days to sort this out.

Any thoughts? Ideally not involving new account (I will do that if I have to but last resort really)

Advertisement