Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

YouTube Premium thread SEE OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭muloc

Sounds like they all need to be Turkish then. I'll leave as is 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 8,674 ✭✭✭shmeee

No - they all need to be the same country as you. I'm with Argentina YouTube and all YouTube accounts are Irish accounts along with my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,719 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

If you add them all to your family before signing up for YouTube premium then it should work fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,443 ✭✭✭Nollog

No, just the same account-region as the person who set it up - Irish.

You can buy from any region they allow you to from your Irish account and share the benefits from that region to all your family members, as long as their account is in the same region as you are, I assume that's because "family members live in the same house", despite the head of the household being able to buy a membership from Turkey, but everyone lives in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,464 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Hope someone could help.

Been on You Tube premium through India for a few years. Didn’t spot the email and payment failed so premium cut off yesterday.

Today I installed Getflix VPN on iPad. Switched to Turkey no problem

Go to you tube via Chrome. Select add premium for 29 Turkish lira. Location address also selected as Turkey

It keeps failing at payment stage with Revolut. Then tried virtual Revolut. Also failed.

Then tried Bank of Ireland Visa Debit card. Also failed.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Post edited by murpho999 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Maybe try clearing cookies in the chrome browser and turning off location services in the iPad. Have you got a laptop or desktop you can try it on?

Same. I always find it difficult with tablets and phones to sign up, especially when you may need to verify payment via bank app and VPN is on which causes issues.

Try it again via laptop/desktop. Clear cookies, cache etc and go in fresh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

got the dreaded email so switched to the virtual revolut Mastercard and it accepted it no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭peejy

So, if I sign up with Turkish address, I don't need to view YT via Turkish vpn?

No, you only need VPN on when your signing up to the country. Once payment is completed - you and your family once all in the same country (ie. Ireland) can use YouTube Premium like normal without a VPN.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭pedro6105

Got the dreaded email about card payment in Argentina. Signed up easily for India with a vpn and virtual address. 1 years subscription for 1490 rupees. 16 euros for the year when exchange rate is factored in.

Was surprised how easy to sign up.

How did you manage to pay for India? Myself and many here tried every type of payment and nothing would work due to new restrictions in India along with VPN's not even offering the service.

We were originally with India but had to move to Argentina because of it. Simple move all the same but interested to know how you got payment through for India.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

My brother was previously India. His multi use virtual MasterCard method is now giving him this message.

He has tried Ireland, Argentina, Turkey but it won't take. Without and with vpns.

It's an individual account not a family plan fwiw.

Any idea why this is happening and any solution?.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

My Argentina payment failed while I was away over the weekend so I've only had a chance to look at it in the last while. I actually forgot about it until I tried to watch something last night and saw ads, urgh. I'm in a smidge more difficult position to most of you in that, being UK based, when I generate a virtual Revolut card, it's Visa not Mastercard and we know that's the crux of the issue. So off to Turkey I go. . . SurfShark hasn't missed a beat for me up to now but I just couldn't get to Youtube Turkey and showed prices in £, I cleared everything, different browsers, incognito etc. Nothing worked. Somebody mentioned Malaysia up above so I gave that a try, it worked off the bat. I changed back to Turkey to try again to make sure I wasn't losing my marbles and it again did not work - dafuq?? Bored of it now, I went back to Malaysia, it again worked immediately and it showed the correct currency, MYR17.90 converts as £3.36 for individual, that'll do fine. I didn't even ask for an address like the previous Arg subscription did.

I went to Argentina from India without any issues.

Has he cancelled his India plan?

Cleared all cache, cookies etc on browser and gone back into YouTube with Argentina VPN on and sign up - for an address I just googled a random address in Argentina as google autofilled my Irish one, entered such Argentina address and paid via Revoult Mastercard. No issues to report in signing up or changing payment method.

Where is he exactly hitting the issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Staleturnips

I have an Argentina sub, well had until this morning was paying with Revolut Visa.

Reading the past 4 pages of the thread I see mention of a "dreaded email" and issues with using a visa card, I imagine whatever this is it the issues I'm facing.

From what I understand a workaround is to use the virtual mastercard on Revolut, however my virtual card seems to be single use. Does anyone know if being single use it will work for a monthly subscription?

UPDATE:

I created a multi use virtual card in my revolut account and used that card to update the YT premium payment mentioned, worked fine!

Post edited by Staleturnips on

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Mine has a physical, virtual and single use virtual in the cards section.

You only have 2 choices in your card section?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭pedro6105

Just used my PTSB Visa card and went though with out a hiccup. Was surprised myself there was no problems. Has worked perfect since signing up. 🤷‍♂️

• Registered Users Posts: 12,704 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Visa failed but the virtual MC (Clevercard) went through. As it did for Tidal so should be good using that from now on.

I'm using surfshark - when I set location to Argenina and click on purchases and memberships on YT - the page just hangs there with no option to sign up

When I turn off VPN, this doesn't happen and get the Irish prices

Any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Statman55

Hi I am looking to go youtube premium family .and i am a bit confused ,Can I change my individual account to family before upgrading to premium is this a simple change that can be done before actually paying?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,443 ✭✭✭Nollog

You can join a family whenever, the family manager has to buy and manage the subscriptions for the entire family.

You can only get a new family once a year.

So it you're on an individual right now, you'll need to cancel and switch over to a family plan and add your family members.

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

I get country not allowed when using surfshark for Argentina - works for Malaysia 17.90myr - For turkey I get sterling 11.99

WhatIP for Turkey says your in the UK! What's going on? What is the cheapest monthly family membership?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Payment went through without a hitch this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

UPDATE: So I was looking at other country options on Surfshark and randomly picked Egypt and it worked!

90 EGP = 2.76 Euro a month for family membership - Used Revolut virtual card as previous posts recommend this. I'll need to do it manually each month with new card but will see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Tech_Head

You don’t need to use the single use card. Virtual Mastercard should be fine - just keep it topped up.

They use virtual ip locations for these regions which is a bit useless

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Tweaky

Revolut is only letting me create virtual Visa cards. It is not giving me the option of Mastercard in the virtual reusable is there a setting that I need to change ?

It's so hit and miss with what cards you'll get, I ordered a new physical card a few weeks back and was visa. Had to order one again then last week and it was a masterCard I got. (Lost 2 cards in a few weeks). They basically swap over ever few weeks it seems to what is available at the time and is pure random. I bet if someone else you know logs into their account, it will be the opposite of what you see. Scroll across even to what card they may have at moment linked with a brand, that could be opposite then again!

I just checked my account now and the opposite is showing again. Click "cards" tab and "get cards" . Now it's showing physical Visa for me and Virtual visa. Even though last week when ordered it was a physical MasterCard and Virtual MasterCard when updated my YouTube also around then. So it seems pure random.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Newport81

I’ve tried india and turkey no joy has anyone a family I can pay to join please?

Advertisement