Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Grant boiler

• 11-01-2021 8:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,226 ✭✭✭

Can anyone link to where I can buy one of the below? How much roughly. All I can find online are full outside boilers. I only want this part of it.

Thanks,

65-F78-F08-C313-4-CC1-B984-E6-E8-C60-C0027.jpg

E6-DED5-D6-84-FF-45-A8-A4-C9-F30-F325051-F4.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,323 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Most of the major plumbing shops will have them. However, you should get your service guy to source it, It will need to be setup to suit the boiler in any case.

BTW. Why do you need a new one. I don't think I ever came across one that couldn't be fixed, except one that was under water for a while.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,965 ✭✭✭jimf

as wearb says above

why do you need a new burner its only 6 years old

well worth repairing unless motor and pump are goosed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,226 ✭✭✭893bet

He thinks pump is gone. He said easiest to replace and then hold the old one for parts or fix the old one for spare. I just want it fixed fast.

What set up would be needed to suit boiler? Assumed it was more a plug and play almost.

How much should the full unit be roughly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Lenar3556

If it’s just the pump it’s overkill to replace the whole thing. A pump is about €80, the complete burner is more like €270. I don’t think you will see the benefit of having a spare burner lying around for years.

The pump pressure and air needs to be set using special equipment. Make sure whoever you get is equipped to do this or it’s a false economy.

Have your oil tank checked for water while you are at it - it’s one of the big causes of pump failure and the new one will go just as quick if oil is contaminated.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,323 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

893bet wrote: »
    He thinks pump is gone. He said easiest to replace and then hold the old one for parts or fix the old one for spare. I just want it fixed fast.

What set up would be needed to suit boiler? Assumed it was more a plug and play almost.

How much should the full unit be roughly?
    He only thinks it's gone??? Did he put gauges on it to check for sure?

I'd be a bit wary of someone that has advised you as he has.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,965 ✭✭✭jimf

easy to check pump and replace it

but as stated above already no point putting on new pump if the cause of failure isnt known

water in tank or entering through sight tube and you are back to square one again

did he dip the tank for water using water finding paste

Advertisement