Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekly Walrus

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

And let the Boss live? :p

CCR and Bruce Springsteen are playing a concert LB.
    You MUST go to one of them. Who do you go to see?

I think Springsteen is hugely overrated, but I don't hate him. He doesn't deserve to die. If I must go to one, it'd be his, but I won't enjoy it and I'll complain the whole time.

I truly detest Fogerty and his cackle of cohorts, and their mere existence chills me to the core, I'd kill them all* if I could, but would settle for the head of the snake...

giphy.gif

*I wouldn't actually kill any of them and don't truly wish them any harm, I just wish their so-called "music" would cease to exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

The Fogmeister is still touring. We'll go and see him play after the lockdown LB.
    My treat :D

The Fogmeister is still touring. We'll go and see him play after the lockdown LB.
    My treat :D

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

^^^^
    OK Springsteen it is. The Boss puts on one of the best live shows ever. :cool:
    I guarantee you will be air guitaring like a tipsy Enda Kenny before it is over. :D

^^^^
    OK Springsteen it is. The Boss puts on one of the best live shows ever. :cool:
    I guarantee you will be air guitaring like a tipsy Enda Kenny before it is over. :D

No can do...

I'm sick that week...

or I'll be washing my hair...

or I'll be abducted by aliens...

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

GUYS

I have great news!!!

GREAT.

My walrus is not lost. I'm feeling the guilt. It will happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Late to this week's party, work has been crazy

Dandy Warhols-Cool As Kim Deal

Clarabel wrote: »
    GUYS

I have great news!!!

GREAT.

My walrus is not lost. I'm feeling the guilt. It will happen.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

That's good.

So if I don't deliver I won't disappoint. If I do, I blow your expectations!

I can give you a sneak. One of your songs blew my mind! But I've only listened to that song in that category.....so there could well be more mind blowing coming.

Clarabel wrote: »
    That's good.

So if I don't deliver I won't disappoint. If I do, I blow your expectations!

I really do hope you prove me wrong... I've been let down by Walrus promises before though and have just come to expect that there are some that will never happen, to protect myself from disappointment...

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

I really do hope you prove me wrong... I've been let down by Walrus promises before though and have just come to expect that there are some that will never happen, to protect myself from disappointment...

giphy.gif

I can't not. There are some cracker songs!

There are so goddammit awful country songs that made my heart, brain and ears bleed too. But you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

What's the root cause for this extreme hatred for CCR? I like some of their stuff and dislike some of their stuff, but they don't get my passion flowing one way or another. So when I read of white hot hatred towards them I'm curious, but also a bit mystified. To me, they seem too inherently MOR to engender hate or hero worship

Arghus wrote: »
    What's the root cause for this extreme hatred for CCR? I like some of their stuff and dislike some of their stuff, but they don't get my passion flowing one way or another. So when I read of white hot hatred towards them I'm curious, but also a bit mystified. To me, they seem too inherently MOR to engender hate or hero worship

Well... don't tell anyone, but its mostly just for show, and what you've just said is a more accurate representation of how I actually feel... but... Sssshhhhhh!

Its really just an indifference I played up during one of my Walrus round reveals because Have You Ever Seen The Rain and a cover of it had both been submitted and I had both of them in last positions, so added a bit of flavour to the write-ups about how John Fogerty is the worst thing to have ever happened in the history of humankind, and the whole hatred storyline just snowballed from there and became a running gag in Walruses and a couple other Forum Games.

My dislike of Bruce Springsteen and Mariah Carey are equally heightened and played up for my own amusement.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

We'll just pretend I never asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,944 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Well... don't tell anyone, but its mostly just for show...
    PO99.gif

(Any excuse for a Shirley Manson gif!)

• Registered Users Posts: 86,243 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think Springsteen is hugely overrated, but I don't hate him. He doesn't deserve to die. If I must go to one, it'd be his, but I won't enjoy it and I'll complain the whole time.

I truly detest Fogerty and his cackle of cohorts, and their mere existence chills me to the core, I'd kill them all* if I could, but would settle for the head of the snake...

giphy.gif

*I wouldn't actually kill any of them and don't truly wish them any harm, I just wish their so-called "music" would cease to exist.

Bruce might cover Rick Astley for you, I think he is probably a big fan :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

John Fogerty & Bruce Springsteen are two of my favourite music artists.

Minority inclusive video. (Not the usual Vietnam bumpf)

John Fogerty is just great.

bcklschaps wrote: »
    Minority inclusive video. (Not the usual Vietnam bumpf)

John Fogerty is just great.

Clutch do a great cover of it too :cool:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1DJFNSideQ

Seems Dolly Parton's Jolene is the clear winner this week, so looks like it's my turn to step up to the plate...

• Advertisement

This Week's Category...

Dawn of a New Decade: Songs from 2020 or 2021

Old Favourites and the Classics of Yesteryear tend to dominate Weekly Walrus, so thought it would be interesting to have a week where more recent tunes are the name of the game.

Arkells feat. K.Flay - You Can Get It

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Vulfpeck - LAX

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Dua Lipa - Physical

Bob Dylan - I contain multitudes

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Only going to be one for me here :D

This album basically got me through the first lock down last year

Pearl Jam - Dance of the Clairvoyants

• Registered Users Posts: 10,944 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

The new Arab Strap is my album of the year by miles, I'm obsessed with it. I could have picked anything from it, but this morning this is my favourite. Honestly, if you like this try the full album, it's pretty extraordinary

Tears On Tour by Arab Strap

I cry at rom-coms, dramedies,
    the news and children's films.
    The Muppet Movie, Frozen, Frozen 2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Tame Impala, Lost in Yesterday

(jaysus, I haven't heard anything decent new, only getting bombarded with chart shíte on the radio day in and day out)

• Advertisement

Advertisement