Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekly Walrus

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Not sure what other people think, but should we not leave it at 1 entry per person each week? Stops the thread descending in to chaos and presumably is more in the spirit of the game.

Totally agree, what's the point otherwise? We could all just keep entering until somebody hits the jackpot with their 15th choice. And a lot less clutter too.

Kol is trying to sabotage you... The category is actually an Artist NOT from Ireland, the UK, or the US

Great song though.

tumblr_n9s841q6ud1smcbm7o1_500.gif

Nena - 99 Luftballons

• Registered Users Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Not sure what other people think, but should we not leave it at 1 entry per person each week? Stops the thread descending in to chaos and presumably is more in the spirit of the game.

I agree. I think it's better to have one entry per poster. It's more in the spirit of the competition I think - that you live or die based on your one choice. It's easy to hoover up the thanks if you post every song that has a realistic chance of winning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Awh guys what a brilliant round that was, Fair play!

Great aul time going through all this weeks songs.

My new fave thread :)

• Advertisement

So here's my contribution. Norwegian folk music.

Prob won't be a winner, but maybe someone might appreciate what an absolute cracker that it is.
    Also I'm supposed to be seeing them playing in Dubland this April .

Wardruna - Lyfjaberg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

One song per person every week please

A-ha - Take On Me

Shelly is the winner this week, you're up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Wow, no Abba in that round!

Wow, no Abba in that round!

And no Dolly/Kenny in the duet round either :eek:

• Advertisement

Well done Shelly

• Registered Users Posts: 30,430 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Thank you everyone for the voting for my song

When-Her-Fake-Crying-Practice-Pays-Off-Sort.gif

Now for this weeks topic...... Arr Shiver Me Timbers

tumblr_mef36oi1DY1ri2ul8o1_500.gif

WTF is that? you may ask. Well I am looking for a song that makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up, make your arms break out in goosebumps or sends shivers down your spine. So in essence, something that perhaps has a haunting feel about it. I will leave this open to you to decide whether this song is in the form of haunting lyrics or an instrumental piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,430 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

• Registered Users Posts: 10,946 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Portishead - Wandering Star, Live at Glastonbury

Such a simple arrangement, yet in the crowd you could have heard a pin drop into the soft mud. 40,000 people in rapt silence, it was incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Pearl Jam - Jeremy

I'd recommend reading the background to the lyrics before listening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

Sorry for posting another Pearl Jam song straight after Trigger posted one but this song gives me a serious emotional reaction - hairs standing, tears flowing. It's for personal reasons that no one wants to hear but I know this won't resonate with most people in the slightest.

I'll wait up in the dark for you to speak to me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Radiohead - Street Spirit (Fade Out)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Otis Redding- I've Been Loving You Too Long

At the Monterey Pop Festival in 1967, not long before he died. He was playing to an audience of hippies and rock fans who wouldn't heve been big soul fans but he played a blinder and completely floored them. What a voice!

• Advertisement

No idea why that Radiohead song has a hair standing effect but it does!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Say Hello To Heaven by Temple of The Dog

Particularly the last chorus. The vocals. Jeesuuuss.

Eddie getting a lot of love in this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

lassykk wrote: »
    No idea why that Radiohead song has a hair standing effect but it does!

I've not listened to any of the songs yet, will do it later, but if my hairs are standing to a radiohead song they will most likely be trying to leave my body to get away from the music.

Kolido wrote: »
    I've not listened to any of the songs yet, will do it later, but if my hairs are standing to a radiohead song they will most likely be trying to leave my body to get away from the music.

I'm not a fan myself either normally and not saying it's even a great song but did make the hairs stand!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Arghus wrote: »
    Say Hello To Heaven by Temple of The Dog

Particularly the last chorus. The vocals. Jeesuuuss.

I've listened to this so many times, and each time it sends a chill down my spine. The whole album is very good.

Might not get the hairs standing up but just a great song, & I especially love how the song starts

Evanesance - Haunted

Also brilliant choice this week shelly! Looking forward to going through all the posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Slint - Good Morning, Captain

Whole song is great, one of my favorites - so intense and unsettling. But last 2 mins or so, especially the raw emotion of "I miss you" gives me the chills every time. And to think this came last in a walrus :eek:

• Advertisement

I was tempted to give you another Radiohead song just for Kolido. :D Instead, you can have this...

Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah

Advertisement