Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekly Walrus

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

So many different ways to look at this... and I though trying to pick answers in Peehs was mind boggling ;)

I went with this version of this sing; headphones in, volume up, hopefully listen while watching some snow flurries outside (possibly wishful thinking)...

Mad World - Gary Jules cover

P.S. Thanks to Electric Nitwit for helping me make my link not just a boring link (I could swear I used to be pretty good with tech for a lay person, maybe I was imagining it ;) )

The Cranberries - Zombie

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

ari101 wrote: »
    So many different ways to look at this... and I though trying to pick answers in Peehs was mind boggling ;)

I went with this version of this sing; headphones in, volume up, hopefully listen while watching some snow flurries outside (possibly wishful thinking)...

https://youtu.be/ZUtAe5PUKtE

P.S. Not sure why my link stays as a link and yours embed...?

Instructions on how to post Youtube videos here ari

Zaph wrote: »
    Instructions on how to post Youtube videos here ari

That's what I get for reading only the first page and last page of a thread, thanks to you also for more instructions!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,251 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement

Julee Cruise - Falling (aka Theme from Twin Peaks)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

3 Doors Down - Here Without You

The song combined with the tribute still gives me chills :(

He was only 38

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

I really like Finger Eleven - One Thing but that's associated with a certain other wrestler who was best friends with Eddie! I won't suggest that for this walrus ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

My song is seriously under appreciated in this thread :pac:

Also osh's song is an interesting one. Its unique all right, & definitely a marmite song. I actually like your dedication to the song, & that fact that you really get something from it.

Thats what I love about people posting songs. It's interesting to see where other peoples imaginations flow.

Its certainly a charming way to tell someone you miss them too :D

• Advertisement

Also osh's song is an interesting one. Its unique all right, & definitely a marmite song. I actually like your dedication to the song, & that fact that you really get something from it.

Evanesance do nothing at all for me, but I really liked that song, I'd never heard it before. Same for osh's song, must have missed it in the walrus it was in, and while I can't say it made the hair on the back of my neck stand up, I did think it was excellent.

Zaph wrote: »
    Evanesance do nothing at all for me, but I really liked that song, I'd never heard it before. Same for osh's song, must have missed it in the walrus it was in, and while I can't say it made the hair on the back of my neck stand up, I did think it was excellent.

That Evanescence song is a really great song. Especially when it's loud ;)

Its funny with evanescence. Lyrically I think they are shyte. Sometimes even when I look up their lyrics I'm still confused with what the song is actually about :confused:

I also dont think the lady sounds great live either. & yet I still absolutely love the band, and would consider them one of my favourite bands. Been listening to them for years.

I liked osh's song for its uniqueness. Its not something I'd have on my own playlist but it was definitely interesting in its own way.

Also one more thing. Not that it matters much because I liked so many songs posted so it's no loss to me :pac:, but I thought the topic of haunting song's, was for something a bit spooky or creepy rather than songs with a hair raising emotional reaction?. I was looking forward to some eerie creepiness to scare my neighbours with :p

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Also one more thing. Not that it matters much because I liked so many songs posted so it's no loss to me :pac:, but I thought the topic of haunting song's, was for something a bit spooky or creepy rather than songs with a hair raising emotional reaction?. I was looking forward to some eerie creepiness to scare my neighbours with :p

You should check out the first round of Necro's Halloween Walrus in that case...

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058127313

I have a visceral hatred of 'Mad World'.

:o Hopefully next week I can do better ;)
    The other option I was considering was Massive Attack Teardrop.

Haven't done my voting yet, lots of listening ahead of me, I like Evanescence but can't remember if I like that particular song of theirs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,892 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

this is just awesome, haunting for me for what has been missed. and live versions are just way better. love how happy shinoda is as well all the time.

not the best musical performance, but the most authentic. just there jamming out, everyone knows the words.

moving as far as i'm concerned.

(and apologies, no more spamming :o)

You should check out the first round of Necro's Halloween Walrus in that case...

That looked familiar to me & then I seen i had actually commented on that thread at the end page :D

I'm going to go back over it now because I don't remember it all. I'll make a plsylist from it this time.

I spotted that bonkers Diane song on it just now & I like that one!

Thanks for the link though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

tenor.gif

Haven't done my voting yet, lots of listening ahead of me, I like Evanescence but can't remember if I like that particular song of theirs :D

Make sure you turn the volume up a bit. Its one of those kinda songs ;)

Its my second favourite of their songs :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Trigger wrote: »
    I've listened to this so many times, and each time it sends a chill down my spine. The whole album is very good.

For some reason I can take or leave the rest of the album, but Say Hello just still blows me away after all these years - the story behind it, the power in the song and Chris Cornell at the absolute peak of his powers. A serious fcking tune.

Make sure you turn the volume up a bit. Its one of those kinda songs ;)

Its my second favourite of their songs :)

I hope the other was My Immortal (that was on my brainstorm list of haunted feeling songs :D )

I hope the other was My Immortal (that was on my brainstorm list of haunted feeling songs :D )

Thats mad creepy & fit's the (real) theme of the thread here :eek:

YES.it.is.My Immortal!

I meant its creepy that you figured that that was my favourite song. Not that the song is mad creepy, because its not. Its beautiful:D

I hate the original, but I think that Gary Jules improved the song immeasurably. Still wouldn't be my favourite song in the world, but it's a lot better than the original.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

Very deep and profoundly sad.

not scary, but I remember being at the dress rehersals for the Eurovision & when I saw this the hair on my neck stood up! (hearing the music will still do it to me!)

starts around one minute in

many thanks to all my tutors!!

I managed to embed it :D:D

bubblypop wrote: »
    many thanks to all my tutors!!

I managed to embed it :D:D

Well done bubbly. Now let the fun begin :)

& great choice. I love that one too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Disturbed - Sound of Silence

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

Spoilt for choice had a list of songs you probably all know including the above excellant choice Tusk!

Then I came across this today its a version of a song by Ewan MacColl sung at Mont St Michel May 2020 by Windborne...Made me shiver and think of how musicians and singers might be feeling this last year...aswell as those alone the on the streets in this cold weather travelling around with no where warm to go or just anyone feeling isolated or depressed for whatever reason. Blessing of hope ye all.

The Terror Time

ps..Loved the way Peggy Segger her seal of approval on youtube with a message...she must be 85ish young now.

Advertisement