Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your breaks for a 12-hour per day, 3 day work week?

Options
  • 12-01-2021 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,682 ✭✭✭

Hi.

I'm just curious about the number and lengths of break times for others here that do 36 hours per week shiftwork (7am~7pm).

My place does this:
    • break 1 = 15 minutes
    • break 2 = 25 minutes
    • break 3 = 15 minutes
    • break 4 = 15 minutes
    = 70m

Thanks.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Worked in a place where we got two 15 min breaks and one 30 min break in a 12 hour shift which is the legal minimum I think.
    Boss was an absolute dick mind, think he used to only pay us for 11 hours as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 dpforce

Worztron wrote: »
    Hi.

I'm just curious about the number and lengths of break times for others here that do 36 hours per week shiftwork (7am~7pm).

My place does this:
    • break 1 = 15 minutes
    • break 2 = 25 minutes
    • break 3 = 15 minutes
    • break 4 = 15 minutes
    = 70m

Thanks.

Officially its 15min, 30 min, 15 min. Reality - 1 hour, 1 hour, 1 hour

• Registered Users Posts: 8,682 ✭✭✭Worztron

Worked in a place where we got two 15 min breaks and one 30 min break in a 12 hour shift which is the legal minimum I think.
    Boss was an absolute dick mind, think he used to only pay us for 11 hours as well.

😮

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

30mins, 30mins, 15mins

They also have no problem with you taking an extra 5-10mins here and there (to take a phone call/get a drink of water/smoke break etc), as long as we don't take the p1ss

• Registered Users Posts: 8,682 ✭✭✭Worztron

30mins, 30mins, 15mins

They also have no problem with you taking an extra 5-10mins here and there (to take a phone call/get a drink of water/smoke break etc), as long as we don't take the p1ss
    That's far better than my place - they watch you like a hawk all day long. The breaks are timed to the second.

• Advertisement
Advertisement