Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are yous using to clean your bike ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Think theres a guy out by greenhills that will clean your bike and acf it, think it takes about 4 hrs.
    Anybody use him or a professional cleaner?
    Not sure what your supposed to do while it gets cleaned, drive over and walk around for a bit?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭omerin

Not sure why anyone would want someone else cleaning the bike, asking for trouble with scratches, drops ... and if you are hanging around for that time why not do it yourself and inspect every millimetre while you do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Ye, he's been recommended on here before. As he's focused on bikes I'd say your safe enough with scratches etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Fabio

omerin wrote: »
    Not sure why anyone would want someone else cleaning the bike, asking for trouble with scratches, drops ... and if you are hanging around for that time why not do it yourself and inspect every millimetre while you do it?

He might have equipment you might not have yourself too. I think people like him use an air compressor to spray on the ACF-50 so it really does get into the nooks and crannies.

This said, never used one of these services myself. Don't know if there are any in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Think theres a guy out by greenhills that will clean your bike and acf it, think it takes about 4 hrs.
    Not sure what your supposed to do while it gets cleaned, drive over and walk around for a bit?

Brian does a fantastic job. Check out https://www.facebook.com/motorcyclevaletingDublin
    Some people leave the bike with him and come back for it. Depends on when youre coming from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭robbie_63

He has some beautiful bikes on his page, in fairness if I was closer I would definitely drop mine into him.

Even just for an initial clean to get it spotless after purchasing a new bike

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Megabikes use him to prepare bikes for sale also

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

I sense an essential journey coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Thats Brian in MVD, he's an absolute gent. I had my 3 cleaned by him before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭KT10

D3V!L wrote: »
    Thats Brian in MVD, he's an absolute gent. I had my 3 cleaned by him before Christmas.

Have you seen the job he's just done on the garage and workspace? Fully covered wash bay off to the right hand side and he's turned the garage into a full detailing bay. It looks the absolute biz.

He's looked after my last 4 bikes. Every time I change bikes one of the first things I do is book it in with him for a full treatment. Means when I go to clean it I'm doing less work as everything is already sealed/protected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭D3V!L

KT10 wrote: »
    Have you seen the job he's just done on the garage and workspace? Fully covered wash bay off to the right hand side and he's turned the garage into a full detailing bay. It looks the absolute biz.

He's looked after my last 4 bikes. Every time I change bikes one of the first things I do is book it in with him for a full treatment. Means when I go to clean it I'm doing less work as everything is already sealed/protected.

I have indeed :) Fantastic job he did on it.

I'm the same, my last bike went from City Spares for him to clean before it came home. I had 3 in with him before Christmas in total.

Advertisement