Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NHL 2021 Season Chat

• 12-01-2021 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭

Starts tomorrow!
    Newly Aligned Divisions!
    Shortened Season!
    Kucherov out, the biggest name I see missing through injury.
    Seguin also out for a long period and Pasternak too (maybe bigger than Kuch).
    We are a season away from the Seattle Krakenheads.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

Folks, forgive the intrusion. I've found myself watching a bit of Ice Hockey over the past year.

I've gotten my head around most of the rules but the one i'm still a little fuzzy on is icing.

Forgive the football parlance but does icing mean you can't hoof the puck into the in oppositions half if your defending a lead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Ronald Franz

ShyMets wrote: »
    Folks, forgive the intrusion. I've found myself watching a bit of Ice Hockey over the past year.

I've gotten my head around most of the rules but the one i'm still a little fuzzy on is icing.

Forgive the football parlance but does icing mean you can't hoof the puck into the in oppositions half if your defending a lead

Icing is when you clear the puck from inside your side of the blue line and it travels down across the end line of the opposition 'end zone' without being touched by your teammate.

It is not linked to the scoreline. I think it is to deter time wasting by just hoofing the puck down the ice.

After icing, the face off will start from closest ring to the instigators goal.

Advertisement