Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game week 18 Matchday Thread - Disaster zone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

siblers wrote: »
    KDB was supposedly too tired to take the pen

He looked wrecked from about 70 min.

It would have been a lot worse had he taken and missed it though, as then that would have been 2 misses for season etc... at least now we know he should be taking the next one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Ace2007 wrote: »
    He looked wrecked from about 70 min.

It would have been a lot worse had he taken and missed it though, as then that would have been 2 misses for season etc... at least now we know he should be taking the next one.

No guarantees he has the next one

https://twitter.com/ColmVHayes/status/1349455862713229317?s=20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

A lot of free hitters sound disappointed with points tally. But given that everyone would have more or less the same team, playing the FH was all about not losing ground by not playing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭howareyakid

39 with Tierney, Saka and Auba to go. Would be buzzing if Auba can come through with a haul!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

48 with Tierney and saka to go on wildcard. Happy with that as kept pace with the free hitters but am now well set up for next week. Currently have 11( will be 9 if villa is cancelled)with a double with kane, son, Tierney and saka. Hope to BB but will see what happens between now and Saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

48 with Tierney and saka to go on wildcard. Happy with that as kept pace with the free hitters but am now well set up for next week. Currently have 11( will be 9 if villa is cancelled)with a double with kane, son, Tierney and saka. Hope to BB but will see what happens between now and Saturday.

Talk that Villa V Everton will be off but that Villa v Newcastle rescheduled in GW19

As a grealish and Martinez owner it would be epic

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Green&Red wrote: »
    Talk that Villa V Everton will be off but that Villa v Newcastle rescheduled in GW19

As a grealish and Martinez owner it would be epic

Ye id be delighted with it. I really want to get the BB out of the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

FH , 47 with Saka & Leno to go . HEWT

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Newbie20

Didn’t have the free hit left because I stupidly wasted it earlier in the season.
    45 (-4) with Leno to play. I’ll take that all day despite the fact it could have been so much better with Son and KDB.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

40 with Auba, Saka and Leno to go.

Up to 63k in the rankings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,236 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I actually checked the Free Hit team I was planning to go with before Spurs got paired with Fulham and it would currently be on 35 with Tierney, Saka and Laca to go, so I’m very much delighted about that Spurs game being rearranged to save me from it.

Let’s say Tierney and Holding both got 6 and Zaha even only gets me 2, I’d be needing from 7 from Saka and Lacazette just to break even on what I am now, and you’d think the threshold for gains on a Free Hit has to be at least 20 to make it worthwhile?

No guarantee they don’t get 27 tomorrow night and Tierney could add some attacking returns to it, but eh they’d be doing very well to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

43 with Laca, Saka and Tierney to go.

HEWT

FHFC wrote: »
    50 from 9 off wildcard with Saka and Holding to play.

Well done on the WC.

I couldn’t pull the trigger with all the doubts on upcoming fixtures. I also didn’t have the time needed to put into it.

I see Busts played it too and did well and may well have a DGW for Villa as they could now be playing Newcastle instead of Everton.

What squad did you guys end up with for next weeks BB ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

In from work, had a time to have a little play Mon morning so added son and kane. On 38 with saka and Tierney to go. Ampadu on bench with 9 points :O

Would have had 6 points from my actual team so I'll take that.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

56 from my FH team with Smith-Rowe to come. Very happy with that. Captain Kane, double City defence, Ramsdale, KDB, and Rashford the heroes. McGoldrick and Saiss the main let-downs with 1-pointers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

47 with Saka, Lacca and Tierney to go. Nice jump up to 120k. Hopefully break into the top 100k soon

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

An underwhelming 39 on FH with Tierney and Lacazette to go....would have been 30 all out with my regular team

56 from FH with Leno left to go. Making good ground on league leader who seemed to miss the deadline.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,253 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Happy4all wrote: »
    A lot of free hitters sound disappointed with points tally. But given that everyone would have more or less the same team, playing the FH was all about not losing ground by not playing it.

Very fair point, I was disappointed with my FH (gaining 18 points) but in hindsight, I had no option (only fielding 6 players) and still have 3 to play tonight.

As you say, was about not losing ground but I still manage to gain 18k.

Up to 124k OR, hopefully another rise tonight with Tierney, Saka, Laca.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Have to say this game week has been sweet, having robbo and Chelsea defenders I’d forgotten what a clean sheet looked like, no disappointment at salah missing 5 or 6 shots, ok kdb and Bruno still returning below par but overall has been good. Goddamn shame when FH is gone, original team is now a shambles with red and yellow for half the team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭markc91

Currently on 36 from FH with leno and Tierney to go. Would have gotten 25 from regular side. Main gripe being sterling captain instead of kane and Maguires header being ruled out for a shaw assist. 7 points behind in the cup he only has ESR left so hoping for a dull 0-0 tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Currently on 18 (-4) from 6. Sterling captain was horrific.

Need a monster score from Saka and/or Lacazette tonight to try and reclaim anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

Happy enough keeping FH in my pocket and 34 with Leno & Auba to go tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,684 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

38 . Wasted the free hit . Should have saved it for the double gameweek

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

47 points, but didn't use my FH or wildcard, so happy enough with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭CornettoQueen

44 with FH. Leno, Tierney and Smith Rowe to play. My original team only had 3 players, would have scored a total of 14 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭onrail

30 with Holding and Mitchell (hopefully) to play.

Believe it or not, I'm not too pissed off with that. Decided last minute to keep all my chips in the bag but through to the next round in the cup and fell from 40k to 60k overall and a place in a couple of mini-leagues, but it could've been far worse.

Ony pending disaster would be a high scoring game tonight...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,828 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Anyone on here lower than 26 points all out?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

42 with Laca & Tierney to go.

Shaw laughing from my bench with 7 when I played Fernandez who got 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,828 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Lemlin wrote: »
    42 with Laca & Tierney to go.

Shaw laughing from my bench with 7 when I played Fernandez who got 2.

Fernandez was on for bonus for a long while as well, must be even more annoying.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Advertisement