Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game week 18 Matchday Thread - Disaster zone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

46 all out, green arrow, FH still in pocket and 2 fts for the weekend. HEWT!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

So last week I was debating not using FH and goin with 7 at -4 which would have resulted in 28 points. Finished the week with 62 so 34 points gained. Could and should have been so much better but overall happy enough with it. Up to 31,400 overall

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

So last week I was debating not using FH and goin with 7 at -4 which would have resulted in 28 points. Finished the week with 62 so 34 points gained. Could and should have been so much better but overall happy enough with it. Up to 31,400 overall

Very similar, worked out really well

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

siblers wrote: »
    Only Arsenal player id go near is Tierney

I brought in Holding three weeks ago, 25 points for 4.4m

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭macraignil

47 with Clark 2 points subbing in for Tierney and Mitchell staying on the bench. Might have gone a bit better but had to play the free hit with so many of my normal team with no game. Not going to make much ground but at least not falling back a lot which would have been the case if I did not play it. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,253 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

6 players with no FH would’ve got me 31 points.

FH team has me 56 all out.

Up 25 points so HEWT enough but could’ve been so much more.

Into the top 100k for the first time this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Newbie20

Didn’t have my free hit because I’m an idiot and squandered it earlier in the season. But finished up with 51(-4) with 8 players so very happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

CSF wrote: »
    That is class. 49 for me with 10 including Brewster. Did not expect to be seeing green arrows this week.

Ya same as. I think it’s probably outscored the FH team I made up

How are you fixed for next week?
    I’m looking at a -12 to BB

• Registered Users Posts: 17,266 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Now I remember why I don't have any Arsenal on my regular team :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Well done on the WC.

I couldn’t pull the trigger with all the doubts on upcoming fixtures. I also didn’t have the time needed to put into it.

I see Busts played it too and did well and may well have a DGW for Villa as they could now be playing Newcastle instead of Everton.

What squad did you guys end up with for next weeks BB ?

I followed the Busts plan yeh, never usually a bad strategy. :)

I think it was a decent chip strategy that wasn't widely popular but made sense with a core of Man U and City players who had a game this week and a double.

I currently have this for the DGW with the plan to swap Kane to Vardy. I also planned on a hit as I had only 10 for the blank and so including Saka with a planned -4 was likely to be at worst a 2 point hit. It's ended up costing 1 point.

I made one coçk up at the last minute picking Bednarek as my last defender. After obsessing all week about the Leeds DGW most likely being off and what to do with my Leeds lads, I overlooked at 5 mins to deadline that that meant Southampton would have no DGW too.

Martinez (DDG)
    Cresswell, Cancelo, Shaw,
    (Holding, Bednarek)
    Bruno, KDB, Gundogan, Son (Saka)
    Kane, Antonio, Wood

If I swap Kane to Vardy I'll probably use the hit to correct my Bednarek mistake and get Coufal so I'll have a bench of DDGx2, Coufalx2, Holding and Saka.

The Bednarek thing is annoying as hell. Otherwise I'd have had a DGW Def there and brought in probably Soucek for Saka and had 3 DGWers on bench.

I'm backing against Liverpool, I think Busts is too. Based on 3 games for City or United players Vs 2 for Salah and Co. People captaining Salah scares me
    That could go badly wrong. Also I ditched Leeds lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,235 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Green&Red wrote: »
    Ya same as. I think it’s probably outscored the FH team I made up

How are you fixed for next week?
    I’m looking at a -12 to BB

Bench boost was never the plan for me.

Hoping to stay in and around the top 100k while still having all my remaining chips.

I’ll be 8 DGWers plus Bamford, Son and either Dier or Holding while taking a minus 4.

Any thoughts on whether I should go with Dier in Sheffield or Holding at home to Newcastle?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

60 with only 8 players great defence keane Mitchell stoned holding. Big week coming

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

45. An abomination of a FH.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,575 ✭✭✭patmac

36 on FH would have had around 16 if I took the -8 or 25 if I went with just the 6 starters, fcuk Sterling, never again.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

52 points on a Free Hit.

Up 13k to 54k for my 14th green arrow in 17 gameweeks.

Got dumped out of the Boards CL in the semi-final though and also lost in the FPL Cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Markx

48 no hits free or otherwise. 3 evenings of bullet-dodging survived

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭qwabercd

My fpl cup game is going to a virtual coin toss :) His third sub was Mitchell!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,266 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

46 - My FN FH team got me FA FS :(

Dumped out of cup because my opponent played Mitchell and I had him benched

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

56 thanks to 3rd sub mitchell coming in for Tierney

Very happy with that on Free Hit

• Registered Users Posts: 8,737 ✭✭✭shmeee

Darksoul wrote: »
    I think Mitchell price will rise like crazy after tonight , what a bargain !

Until he doesn't feature again for 9 games in a row.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Finished on 59 with FH. Happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

was heading for 44 on a FH with no Tierney my 3rd sub Mitchell subs on

Who'd have thought a palace defender costing 3.9 saves my GW :eek:

52 on FH, should take me into the top 500k for first time this season

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭PhilipsR

shmeee wrote: »
    Until he doesn't feature again for 9 games in a row.....

Conceded 1 goal in the 3 games he’s been back in after shipping 10 in the 2 previous to that.

Can’t see him going anywhere unless there’s a drop in form.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

42pts. A red arrow after a FH is very very disappointing. But we move on. To a sh1tshow of a DGW :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,159 ✭✭✭COH

57 on FH ... green arrow up to 79k

Thank god for 3rd sub Mitchells surprise 8pointer off the bench for Tierney. Original team would have scored a whopping 12 points so was ddef the right time to play it.

Had originally planned on BB19 but no doubles for Bamford, Dallas or KWP anymore along with DCL blank and Taylors ongoing injury statis has put halt to that.

Will most play 8 DGWers + Son/Kane/Bamford and save the BB for later in the season after the 2nd wildcard.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

43 and a red arrow on a FH is very disheartening.

Lloris and Tierney over Leno and Reguillon cost me 10 points.

My GW19 BB is also in trouble because of the fixture changes, so the last 4 or 5 GWs have been rough for my team. I can’t seem to get much going my way.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

41 points, used FH. Dropped places down to almost 55k.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

Anyone know if Randolph is ok for the 2 DGW games or is Fabianski due back? Might go with him and Coufal on the FH

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

60 on FT with Mitchell coming in for Tierney like many others. Most points from defence, Kane and KDB the only ones from my front 7 to not blank

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

bantee wrote: »
    Anyone know if Randolph is ok for the 2 DGW games or is Fabianski due back? Might go with him and Coufal on the FH

Fabianski is fit.

https://twitter.com/ExWHUemployee/status/1349936221221486593

Advertisement