Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top ordered from Adidas has random corporate branding?

Options
  • 12-01-2021 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭

I assuming this is a mistake or maybe not. I ordered this top from Adidas in mid December and it finally arrived today. It fits well and is exactly what I was looking for except it has a big Comer Group Ireland logo on the front :confused:. Google tells me they are a property developer so not sure what they've got to do with Adidas and why their logo is on my top. I'll get on to Adidas about this but seems like they've stopped selling the top and any alternative replacement is probably going to take another month to arrive.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Was this a heavily discounted top?

Pop the link up so we can see the exact product you purchased :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

Shipped the wrong one out to you I would guess. Warehouses are all probably manic at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Kimbot wrote: »
    Was this a heavily discounted top?

Pop the link up so we can see the exact product you purchased :)

The link is in my original post, here it is again: https://www.adidas.ie/frostguard-insulated-quarter-zip-jacket/FQ8463.html

I paid the full 83euro price.
    Shipped the wrong one out to you I would guess. Warehouses are all probably manic at the moment.

Yeah I'm guessing someone who works for Comer Ireland is wondering why they haven't got their branded top

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Contact the comer group and offer them an exclusive branded top at a premium price, only joking, explain the situation to them and they might be able to use their connections/contacts to get you the top you requested.

Telephone: +353 (0)45 906 906
    Email: info@comergroupireland.ie

Alternatively...contact Adidas and return the original item and wait for your original order to be completed.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,012 ✭✭✭✭L1011

This is particularly strange as that sort of customisation is often done by a third party embroiderer, not the manufacturer

I'd expect you're looking at a refund here rather than finding where the unbranded one went

• Advertisement

It's funny, it says on the returns sheet that personalised items cannot be returned or exchanged unless there is a manufacturing defect. I'll ring Adidas later when I get a chance

• Registered Users Posts: 69,012 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Item is not as described so Adidas's returns rules are not relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,979 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Ha, they used to manage an apartment I used to rent.

There's some very sad maintenance fella waiting on his new top to arrive.

Weird that they haven't ordered from ONeills though. Adidas is an odd one in terms of expensive.

I rang them and explained the situation to the woman on the phone. I got the impression she didn't fully understand but authorised a refund anyway. Have to send it back now, pity as it is a nice top besides the branding. All in all a strange and poor customer experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I rang them and explained the situation to the woman on the phone. I got the impression she didn't fully understand but authorised a refund anyway. Have to send it back now, pity as it is a nice top besides the branding. All in all a strange and poor customer experience.

I assume at their expense?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

Someone from Comer intentionally bought the same unbranded item and returned their crappy work branded version to Adidas = Free unbranded version.

That’s my guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,428 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

TheDriver wrote: »
    I assume at their expense?

I returned an item I bought from Adidas recently. They provide you with a pre-paid return label to print and attach to the package

I returned an item I bought from Adidas recently. They provide you with a pre-paid return label to print and attach to the package

Yep this is it, I'd be kicking up a fuss if they'd made me pay for returns

• Registered Users Posts: 18,992 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Peppa Cig wrote: »
    Someone from Comer intentionally bought the same unbranded item and returned their crappy work branded version to Adidas = Free unbranded version.

That’s my guess.

Most returns end up being dumped, so I doubt it's a return. Most likely a mess up in dispatch.

Advertisement