Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early Loan Repayment

Options
  • 12-01-2021 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi,

I took out a 4 year personal loan just over 2 years ago and I'm now in a position to repay the outstanding balance in full. Is it better to do this through a transfer to the loan account within 365/BoI App or to ring the lending team?

Also, how would any outstanding interest (to date) not credited to the account be dealt with? Also, is the SO cancelled on the lending teams end or is it up to me to cancel (and how is this done if so)?

Finally, is there any penalties to early repayment?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Eve

Hi there, thanks for getting in touch with us here. 

We'd advise contacting out Lending Team directly on 1850222200 and a Lending Advisor would certainly be able to discuss any queries you have in relation to making an early repayment, interest or penalties etc. 

Once your loan and any interest on your loan has been cleared then the standing order payment should be cancelled by our Lending Team. 

I hope this information helps. If you've any further queries please don't hesitate to get back in touch with us here, we'd be happy to help as best we can. 

Thanks, Eve 

Advertisement