Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sale agreed but distance between Septic tank and well <30m

Options
  • 12-01-2021 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Just hoping if someone could please advise. We are sale agreed on a bungalow built in the 80s which sits on a site about 1/3 of an acre. When we had the engineer out neither the well or septic tank could be checked as we were not sure where they were located but it's since come to light that the distance between both should be 30m. This distance is about 20 - 25m between the two, has anyone bought a property where this has been the case? THe house is located in a rural area with a couple of houses sold in the past few years with sites the same size so i am sure they had the same issue and I'm sure if we don't continue with the sale because of this it will be bought anyway. Can someone please advise, I would really appreciate any knowledge or experience please. We rang EPA and they didn't seem to worried.

Thank you in advance.

Advertisement