Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 NFL Playoffs - Divisional round

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Extremely unfortunate for Cleveland, should have been a foul and a first down. A chiefs score here would rub salt in the wound.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,433 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Faugheen wrote: »
    That should be a helmet to helmet call. That’s a joke.

Mahomes and KC getting away with it again.

why couldn't it be reviewed?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,792 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

irishgeo wrote: »

It’s not something that is reviewable.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

irishgeo wrote: »

Because the NFL’s rules around reviewable plays are a load of horse****, that’s why.

A clear helmet-to-helmet contact and it’s not reviewable. It’s absolute horse****. Player welfare my arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭golfball37

The failure to call the helmet hit has ruined my enjoyment of this. We could have had a great second half. He wouldn’t have fumbled had he not been hit illegally

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

Disappointing slate of divisional games so far.

... the turnaround at the end of the half makes it look like this game is going the same way.

Another KC score to start the second half and it's over. (I mean, it likely is over already, but you never know)

Cleveland D has done quite well considering, holding KC to field goals. Losing 16-10 would be fair.... 19-3 is flattering the Chiefs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Foxtrol wrote: »
    On the Packers, imagine what they could look like if they hadn't thrown away the front part of their draft last year.

In the first two rounds they picked up a QB that was inactive and a 3rd string RB that carried the ball 6 times tonight (also giving up a 4th round pick to move up for that QB).

If they don't win this year serious questions have to be asked what the hell was going on during that draft. That team with 2 premier talents from that draft would be a scary proposition for any remaining team

How often do you get an immediate premier talent at 30 (I know they moved up to 26 in the end) and 62 in the draft? AJ Dillon has played decently since coming back from Covid. Also Aaron Jones might be leaving at the end of the year, so I'd be happy to have another back ready to go in case he leaves. Maybe the defence would be a bit better with Antoine Winfield Jr, but outside of that I don't see too many who would make the team much better. Patrick Queen maybe but I haven't been massively impressed with him. Love might turn out to be useless but I'm happy enough with them planning for the future. If he comes good in a few years it will have been the right choice. Even if he doesn't I would rather they try to find Rodgers' replacement before he leaves.

Well.

The Browns need to get a TD on this opening drive. If they don’t it’s probably done.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Kev8360

Kev8360 wrote: »
    Great play be Sorensen - absolute sickener for Cleveland

Yes it was a bad no call on the helmet to helmet hit. Only saw it on the replay. That penalty is on of the most inconsistent ones called in the league.

• Advertisement

• Nicholas Chubb is motoring.

TD Cleveland. Okay that’s good. The browns D need to make a stop.

Refs have money on KC or something.... Looked to have the 1st down on the 1 yard catch.

They converted the 3rd anyway, but marginal calls are going Chiefs way.

TD! Nice drive.

They should absolutely be going for 2 there.

Bizarre.

• Nantz and Romo are great.

Incomplete pass given to the Chiefs. Every marginal call.

Nantz and Romo are great.

Ian eagle and Charles Davis are up there.

Oh that’s bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,917 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

That looks like end of Mahomes game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

No way he should be coming back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Masked Man wrote: »

Was there a head impact there? Really?

• Advertisement

I'm not sure he is dizzy, his leg looked gimpy first half... Turf toe and his leg seemed to roll up.

Didn't see a big hit to head or helmet.

• Mahomeboy won't be back.

By right there should be no way back. He didn’t know where he was for a moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

I'm not sure he is dizzy, his leg looked gimpy first half... Turf toe and his leg seemed to roll up.

Didn't see a big hit to head or helmet.
    Think impact was when his head landed. Odd one anyhow but he was not in good shape when he stood up. Surprised if he returns now

Was there a head impact there? Really?

The challenge looked innocuous enough but it looked like he didn't know where he was when he got up

Well there he is running off to the locker room, so much for my gimpy leg theory!

How are the Browns not playing the run with the backup QB in for the first few plays.....

What was Hill doing before it cut to the break!?

What was Hill doing before it cut to the break!?

Joking with one of the coaches apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Kev8360

Passing on 1st down not really working for the browns.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Really rooting for the Browns here

Advertisement