Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 NFL Playoffs - Divisional round

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,063 ✭✭✭threeball

This is going down to the wire again. Chiefs just can't shake teams. Packers would exploit that big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Really rooting for the Browns here

Why did they not run through the first half, big difference since they started running since the break.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,792 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So mahommes is out for the rest of the game but the browns are moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,721 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Really rooting for the Browns here

I nearly turned off after the Mayfield INT.

Over to you Chad Henne.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

Definitely game on, but the Chiefs still have plenty of talent to put up some more points.

Chiefs d looked a bit ragged on that drive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Kev8360

This is getting interesting now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Game on, momentum, no Mahomes and 10 minutes left on the clock you have feel the Browns should take this

Unless Hemme can pull something off

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

That Mahomes one is strange. He was clearly concussed, but I've looked at the replay a few times and it's hard to see any actual impact between Mahomes head and the ground.

This drive from KC is huge because we will see what Chad henne can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Wonder how the Browns will Browns this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,230 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Did Hill just slap the ref on the arm and get away with it? :D

• madalig12 wrote: »
    Wonder how the Browns will Browns this?

Well they've just wasted a timeout.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭golfball37

Losing a time out will hurt them later. I think they’ll fall just short, will need a 2 point conversion for OT is my prediction

• Registered Users Posts: 8,063 ✭✭✭threeball

That Mahomes one is strange. He was clearly concussed, but I've looked at the replay a few times and it's hard to see any actual impact between Mahomes head and the ground.

Looked like he got clipped by the defenders helmet on the back of his. The most susceptible part of the head to concussion is the back.

Reminded me of grapple tackles that they outlawed in Rugby League where the tackler would "roll" the ball carrier's neck, quick recovery but kinda like a blood choke in MMA. There was some funny head movement on Mahomes. I was expecting him to pass the concussion protocol.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,721 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

That's a horrible throw

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭cosatron

Wow

Okay Cleveland you’ve got the ball back.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Plus you don't even have to hit your head to have concussion. Concussion isn't the result of an impact (that's trauma etc) concussion is the result is caused by the sudden and quick back and forth movement of the brain. I

• Registered Users Posts: 15,230 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

That seemed...unnecessary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭MaddChris

Who was he throwing it to?

MaddChris wrote: »
    Who was he throwing it to?

The browns defender. But honestly I’ve no idea.

• That pass was closer to me than any Chiefs player.

Whoever allowed that play should be shot.

Weepsie wrote: »
    Plus you don't even have to hit your head to have concussion. Concussion isn't the result of an impact (that's trauma etc) concussion is the result is caused by the sudden and quick back and forth movement of the brain. I

The only thing I thought was how his head jerked back at the end of the play.

That's the worst interception I've seen this year.... Both situationally and how poorly it was thrown.

Still all to do for the Browns. A repeat of the last drive would be something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭letowski

Those two unnecessary timeouts could be costly, if they need to score again after this drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭Morrison J

threeball wrote: »
    Looked like he got clipped by the defenders helmet on the back of his. The most susceptible part of the head to concussion is the back.

Did nobody see him smash his head off the grass when tackled? Thats where the concussion came from.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭MaddChris

For all the talk of how good the Browns O-line is, they really shat the bed there.

• Advertisement

Hate teams that don't throw past the sticks on 3rd down like that.

I realise the Browns are quite good at screens, but those 3 play calls were a bit meh.

Advertisement