Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 NFL Playoffs - Divisional round

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,234 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Only the Browns could let Henne win the game on a 3rd and 14 scramble.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,066 ✭✭✭threeball

Hate teams that don't throw past the sticks on 3rd down like that.

I realise the Browns are quite good at screens, but those 3 play calls were a bit meh.

Agree, those screen plays on 3rd down are a load of dung. 95% chance of failure. May as well run it into the line of scrimmage as trying that play.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Browns gotta Brown

• Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭cosatron

Since the int, the browns play calling was terrible on both offence and defence

• Registered Users Posts: 17,929 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Some Balls by Andy Reid there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,801 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well it was a good run by Cleveland but they’ve come up short by KC had a bit of a wake up call from this game.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Browns ****ting the bed aside, fair play to the absolute balls on Henne there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Panrich

A good first season for Stefanski even with a few dodgy decisions today. I think that we will be a better team next year so plenty of positives.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

If you don't have Patrick Mahomes you always have a chance with Andy Reid

Mahomes may not make it for next weeks game if the concussion is truly independently assessed. They're goosed if he doesn't play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,122 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Great game but I'm gonna say it. I'm a huge fan of Andy Reid and anybody here a long time knows that.
    The decision to trust Henne there was stupid in my opinion. The smart decision there was a punt. If you didn't succeed there you gave the Browns the ball on the 50.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

If the Chiefs play like that against the Bills, I'd fancy they will lose.

Cleveland had an awful last drive, terrible playcalling, terrible execution, terrible clock management.

.... Fair play to Henne, the run on 3rd and 14 (nevermind the Browns D has to stand up there really) and the throw on 4th and inches was right on the money and he sold the "no play' play

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

eagle eye wrote: »
    Great game but I'm gonna say it. I'm a huge fan of Andy Reid and anybody here a long time knows that.
    The decision to trust Henne there was stupid in my opinion. The smart decision there was a punt. If you didn't succeed there you gave the Browns the ball on the 50.

I know what you mean, and I reckon the analytics might bear you out, but my guess is that's their "go to" play when they absolutely need a yard or two.... There wasn't a player within 3 yards of Hill on the catch.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭MaddChris

Apparently the average layoff after a confirmed concussion in the NFL is 19 days
    But this is the NFL, money speaks louder than a person's health.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Panrich

MaddChris wrote: »
    Apparently the average layoff after a confirmed concussion in the NFL is 19 days
    But this is the NFL, money speaks louder than a person's health.

The way that he was wobbling after the play, you'd imagine that he should not be ready for the Bills. That clip is out there so they have to be very careful with how this is handled.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭letowski

paulie21 wrote: »
    Some Balls by Andy Reid there

It was a great play call too.

Not one Browns player thought the ball was going to be snaped with Henne at shotgun. Like if they were truely faking it, to draw them offside, Henne would be under center calling out every cadence under the sun. The fact that Reid made it looked so obvious they were punting was a great double bluff.

If the Chiefs play like that against the Bills, I'd fancy they will lose.

Cleveland had an awful last drive, terrible playcalling, terrible execution, terrible clock management.

.... Fair play to Henne, the run on 3rd and 14 (nevermind the Browns D has to stand up there really) and the throw on 4th and inches was right on the money and he sold the "no play' play

Chiefs have been playing like that for 10 weeks. I don't see them changing for next week. I picked the Bills for the conference on the sky sports website and thats looking better than ever now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Excited to see the Bucs take on the Saints next. The two games earlier this year were such a letdown but with Brady in the playoffs it's a totally different game (hopefully).

AB on offence means Gronk can just block like last week and gives Brady such a clean pocket. Hope that makes the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Drew Brees officially retiring at the end of this season, per Jay Glazer on Fox just now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Depressing start by the Bucs. Playcalling on offence is horrible and special teams can't tackle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

Defence struggling to tackle, too.

This could get ugly for the Bucs. Can't stop the run. Can't stop the pass, can't pressure the QB and can't protect their own. This could be a blowout.

• Good start by Brees and co.

Not the most exciting first quarter. I’m with Brady on being upset about blowing the play dead on the neutral zone infraction.

TD tampa bay so 10-6.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,623 ✭✭✭golfball37

Drew’s arm is gone, was evident in last years play offs and even more so here this evening.

Why is Arians carrying around what appears to be a CB radio from a 1980s Scania round his chest and back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Is there any chance the Buccaneers would try something other than running the ball on 1st down and taking long shots down the field on 3rd?

Feels like the exact same sequence every single time, and then they don't run in situations where they should.

Bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,864 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

eagle eye wrote: »

If you by the percentages and analytics then it was a bad call but this is Andy Reid and he has plays designed for everything. As said already, no one expected the ball to be snapped (especially Romo) but they went for the all or nothing approach and it came off. Easier to say in hindsight but I love the Chiefs for that sort of thing, and it's not the first time.

On Mahomes, I reckon he will play next week. Whether he should play is a different story.

Three AFC Championship games in a row at Arrowhead and it's great that the Chiefs are starting to become hated, never thought I'd see the day :D

• Advertisement

threeball wrote: »
    Why is Arians carrying around what appears to be a CB radio from a 1980s Scania round his chest and back.

No idea. It looks weird though.

Advertisement