Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 NFL Playoffs - Divisional round

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,864 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Er-LExmWMAEyrhH?format=jpg&name=large

• threeball wrote: »
    Why is Arians carrying around what appears to be a CB radio from a 1980s Scania round his chest and back.

It's some COVID device that let's them know when they're too close to someone. I think all the coaches have them.

I think it tracks other bits and bobs too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

That look/glare from Brady after the Godwin drop! :eek::pac:

• Is it a contractual obligation for kickers to point to the sky when they make a kick?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,122 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Itssoeasy wrote:
    Not the most exciting first quarter. I’m with Brady on being upset about blowing the play dead on the neutral zone infraction.
    I heard the commentators saying this as well. One of his own players stood up and that's why it had to be stopped.

• Advertisement

Xavi6 wrote:
    If you by the percentages and analytics then it was a bad call but this is Andy Reid and he has plays designed for everything. As said already, no one expected the ball to be snapped (especially Romo) but they went for the all or nothing approach and it came off. Easier to say in hindsight but I love the Chiefs for that sort of thing, and it's not the first time.
    It's fine if it was Mahomes but it was Chad Henne, that's the reason I'm saying it was a bad decision. Look at the end zone throw earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Bucs have played really poorly on offence and special teams but are level at HT.

Need to see Brady unshackled from Leftwich's predictable playcalls. Leaving us with too much to do on 3rd down.

Love Godwin so hope to see him get a few big catches in the 2nd half. 5 drops last week and 2 this week might have lost Brady's trust.

eagle eye wrote: »
    It's fine if it was Mahomes but it was Chad Henne, that's the reason I'm saying it was a bad decision. Look at the end zone throw earlier.

I get you, and the end zone throw was ridiculous. But I guess that made Reid go for it even more - literally no one expected the ball to be snapped...so they snapped it.

Buccaneers play-calling is just baffling.

I haven't seen a whole lot of them this season. Is it always like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,623 ✭✭✭golfball37

Fournette is doing all he can, can’t understand why they not using him on 3rd down. Saints are dropping deep as they know what’s coming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,801 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

For some reason I posted this in the wrong thread but my point about the TD process still stands.
    13-13 at the half. I know the Godwin catch wasn’t a TD but I hate this football move ****e in the rule book. Also, I do think that a point outside the field of play should be the line for holding onto the ball.

Finally uses Fournette on 3rd and TD.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Have not been watching much of this because the Saints will be bailed out by the officials, and next week, green bay will get all the calls, flags are killing the nfl

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

Have not been watching much of this because the Saints will be bailed out by the officials, and next week, green bay will get all the calls, flags are killing the nfl

Don't think GB will need calls & flags.
    Should easily beat either of these 2 teams if they play like this again next week.

If the Saints do win, at this rate Brees' arm will probably fall off in the cold in Green Bay!

Lionbacker wrote: »
    Don't think GB will need calls & flags.
    Should easily beat either of these 2 teams if they play like this again next week.

They don't need them but they will get them

• Registered Users Posts: 39,801 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

20-20 and I’m going to bed because I’m starting to fall asleep. Gamepass means I can watch the 4th quarter later on today.

Lionbacker wrote:
    Don't think GB will need calls & flags. Should easily beat either of these 2 teams if they play like this again next week.
    You forgetting their regular season meeting with the Bucs?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,108 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Not sure what it is about this game. Maybe it is just me but the closest of the weekend or maybe the playoffs but I'm not feeling the tension at all. Could be a regular season game

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

eagle eye wrote: »
    You forgetting their regular season meeting with the Bucs?

Different story at Lambeau especially during this time of year. Also GB playing much better football at the moment then they did a few months ago.

• Advertisement

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Not sure what it is about this game. Maybe it is just me but the closest of the weekend or maybe the playoffs but I'm not feeling the tension at all. Could be a regular season game

Superdome is usually hopping in fairness. Lack of crowd a big factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭peejay1986

And in case there was any doubt...that, is, that.

Shame to see Brees going out with so many turnovers but the Bucs D has been very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,532 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Saints falling apart :-/

All over for Drew Breese. Went on too long in fairness, I don't believe the 14 broken ribs story either, he would be hospitalised if that was true.

The right time for Brees to call it a day on his excellent career.

His arm has been deteriorating for years but at this stage it's well and truly cooked.

Not enough arm strength left to try any deep shots and the Saints are now at the point of bringing backups in when they want to go deep.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,108 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Shame to see Brees going out with so many turnovers but the Bucs D has been very good.

Feel the Bucs D is very much flattered by the fact Brees can't threaten deep. It will be a completely different story next week with Rodgers. Packers defense isn't as strong but I don't see the Bucs getting such short fields

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Feel the Bucs D is very much flattered by the fact Brees can't threaten deep. It will be a completely different story next week with Rodgers. Packers defense isn't as strong but I don't see the Bucs getting such short fields

Completely agree. No doubting the Bucs D have played well, but I think those picks were poor from Brees and the Saints point of view.

A very different opposition in store for Brady and the Bucs at Lambeau.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

I am buzzing. This is such a strange feeling as a Bucs fan. A clutch 2nd half on both sides of the ball.

Packers are a different animal but with Brady anything is possible. The defence starting to gain a bit of confidence also.

• Advertisement

BrentMused wrote: »
    The right time for Brees to call it a day on his excellent career.

His arm has been deteriorating for years but at this stage it's well and truly cooked.

Not enough arm strength left to try any deep shots and the Saints are now at the point of bringing backups in when they want to go deep.

As the commentary team has pointed out, he had a fantastic career for an undersized quarterback, his accuracy has always been unreal, and his reading of the defence among the beat, he always seemed to get the ball out quickly, and in stride to his targets, Tampa are rapidly improving and deserved this win, the conference championships look very interesting matchups

Advertisement