Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness SIX Nations 2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭Dickie10

how would an english win without bonus point effect the table? or France loss with bonus point.

Is it just me or does it feel like Ireland are not even playing in this competition this year? we really feel like a curtain raiser team this year with all the sunday games and early game vs italy

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Assuming Wales beat Italy then England and Ireland can't win the competition.

Scotland and France could both catch Wales.

A French loss to England and they could also still catch Wales but they'd need at least 9 points from their last two games, if not 10 depending on how their game against Wales goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Wales are due to be recompensed by the Mocker Gods for their ridiculous luck to date.
    That will be five red cards for Wales then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Dickie10 wrote: »
    how would an english win without bonus point effect the table? or France loss with bonus point.

Is it just me or does it feel like Ireland are not even playing in this competition this year? we really feel like a curtain raiser team this year with all the sunday games and early game vs italy

Sunday games are after Saturday double headers not before, so unsure where curtain raiser idea comes in. Having said that you do make a fair point as Sunday games are a bit like after the Lord Mayor's show. I never liked Sunday games in 6N as I think (even with crowds with the odd exception) were lacking in atmosphere. With 2 broadcasters over last number of years there is no reason why all 3 games couldn't have been played on all 5 Saturdays of the tournament rather than just the final weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Sunday games are after Saturday double headers not before, so unsure where curtain raiser idea comes in. Having said that you do make a fair point as Sunday games are a bit like after the Lord Mayor's show. I never liked Sunday games in 6N as I think (even with crowds with the odd exception) were lacking in atmosphere. With 2 broadcasters over last number of years there is no reason why all 3 games couldn't have been played on all 5 Saturdays of the tournament rather than just the final weekend

I'd prefer the weekend to start with an 8pm Friday game and then two games on Saturday if they can't all be on Saturday.

Be less other sport to compete with as well on a Friday evening TV wise.

I never liked the 6n on a Sunday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

As someone who works Saturdays having some games on other days is an absolute god send, don't care if it's Friday evening or Sunday. Having to use nearly a fifth of my annual leave if I wanted to watch all Ireland's 6 nations matches was the biggest ballache on earth.

lawred2 wrote: »
    I'd prefer the weekend to start with an 8pm Friday game and then two games on Saturday if they can't all be on Saturday.

Be less other sport to compete with as well on a Friday evening TV wise.

I never liked the 6n on a Sunday

They did have a number of 6n games on a Friday night but this caused problems in e.g. Cardiff with trains not running after a certain time. Also problem of away fans getting to a match without taking time off work.

It seems to me that Saturday is the best day for the matches and having an early afternoon KO, a teatime KO and evening KO is the best option as on the 'last' weekend this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

They did have a number of 6n games on a Friday night but this caused problems in e.g. Cardiff with trains not running after a certain time. Also problem of away fans getting to a match without taking time off work.

It seems to me that Saturday is the best day for the matches and having an early afternoon KO, a teatime KO and evening KO is the best option as on the 'last' weekend this year.

yerra don't have matches in Cardiff on a Friday night then

I'm fairly sure Dublin, London, Edinburgh, Rome and Paris could accommodate matches on a Friday night

As for travelling fans not getting time off work? That's an odd one.. Sure that applies to every sport. There'd never be any midweek sport if that was a real consideration.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭Dickie10

I'm fairly sure Dublin, London, Edinburgh, Rome and Paris could accommodate matches on a Friday night

As for travelling fans not getting time off work? That's an odd one.. Sure that applies to every sport. There'd never be any midweek sport if that was a real consideration.

Not much love for wales or cardiff on this thread!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Neither BBC nor ITV wanted Saturday evening KOs as their big ratings programs (The Voice, BGT and the like) go out in this slot.

The next set of fixtures will plausibly include more 3 x Saturday game weeks if the bid is won by a sports station. Though they might still prefer to avoid going up against 'family tv' in that evening slot.

• Advertisement

Yes but 6N rugby fans are a breed by themselves IMH0. Big difference between soccer fans at a CL match and rugby fans at a 6N game. Remember away crowds at e.g. Scotland vs Wales 6N could reach 20,000 +. You would rarely get that away attendance at a Midweek European soccer match.

• Site Banned Posts: 20,685 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Yes but 6N rugby fans are a breed by themselves IMH0. Big difference between soccer fans at a CL match and rugby fans at a 6N game. Remember away crowds at e.g. Scotland vs Wales 6N could reach 20,000 +. You would rarely get that away attendance at a Midweek European soccer match.

You might if clubs got more than approx 3k tickets for their allocation (and that's being generous)

Don't forget to update your fantasy teams!

Just so .ak can copy me again:

VYB7jSy.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

I’m doing a terrible job of copying you in fairness, as I appear to be ahead of you currently...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Jesus I thought all Welsh were good singers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

To be fair to AWJ, he was belting that out.

.ak wrote: »
    I’m doing a terrible job of copying you in fairness, as I appear to be ahead of you currently...

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭UAEguy2020

Based on the 6N so far Italy can expect absolutely 0 favors from Barnes today...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Bigi gives away a kick able penalty after 2 mins.
    Needless too.

• Advertisement

6 mins in and he has a yellow.
    That’s ridiculous from him, a complete liability.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Italy bring absolutely nothing to this tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Really positive from Wales. Call scrum so force Italy into making a change for the YC

Could learn a thing or two from Wales about taking your chances when they come, you know for a fact if we were in that position we would spend another 5-6 mins atleast there before getting a try or just conceding a turn over.

At what point will Italy's spot in the 6 Nations really be ad risk? It's like watching a fish out of water documentary at times.

As much as Italy shoot themselves in the foot, they continually get no help from the officials and it’s continuous.
    3 Welsh defenders went so fell over themselves stand Barnes let them do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

This is going to get ugly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Italy are going nowhere, there is better no alternative. Its a tiresome discussion.

Italy imploding here.

• Advertisement

That feeling when the ball keeps going wide and the last two players are both on your fantasy team...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Scratchly

fullstop wrote: »
    Italy bring absolutely nothing to this tournament.

Thats a ridiculous thing to say. They're the biggest supplier of bonus points in the competition!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

That feeling when the ball keeps going wide and the last two players are both on your fantasy team...

Go yourself Louis!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭swiwi_

And I’m out until Le Crunch. Training ground run for Wales. Competition would be better with a return to 5 teams and no bye weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭degsie

Wales out for a stroll in the sunshine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Italy’s error count is embarrassing. So is their penalty count. They do some things quite well but they are brainless

• Advertisement

If they’re going to insist on keeping Italy in they may as well bring in relegation. You’d even get the Scots on board now they have notions about themselves.

Christ. This is like watching a Pro14 demolition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

4 attacks and 4 scores

• Subscribers Posts: 41,863 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Ah that's piss poor from the Italians

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Christ. This is like watching a Pro14 demolition.

Isn't that What it is?

• Advertisement

Isn't that What it is?

True that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Only thing of interest in this debacle is if Wales continues at a point per minute

Wales could hit the 6n highest score if they keep going

No arms by Tipuric right in front of Barnes.

Italy will be stuck around the halfway line now instead of having a penalty.

Jaysus the shot of Franco Smith there...

razorblunt wrote: »
    No arms by Tipuric right in front of Barnes.

Italy will be stuck around the halfway line now instead of having a penalty.

Wishful thinking even in a game like this that Wales will actually be reffed...

This is my 3rd post about it but Barnes spent time telling the Italians to roll “east or west” out of rucks. Every ruck since wales have rolled back to the 9 or up and over the tackled player slowing the Italians.
    Nothing said, nothing given.

Need to find a rule to makes this tackle legal now...

The follow up clear out needs looking at

Perfect way to not penalize him “I saw nothing”....

• Advertisement
Advertisement