Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness SIX Nations 2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,522 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

WTF, they were looking at the wrong part of that replay?!! It was when Biggar went back in with the shoulder to the head of the number 8 that should have been looked at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Jesus, Hill in at the side.
    Wales get the penalty and Italy get a final warning.

I’m out.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,151 ✭✭✭fitz

fullstop wrote: »
    WTF, they were looking at the wrong part of that replay?!! It was when Biggar went back in with the shoulder to the head of the number 8 that should have been looked at.

Yeah, don't know why they didn't look at that, it was blatantly obvious on the one replay that showed it.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,942 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Ken owens after adding 50% more to his international try tally, in one game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

This Italy is the worst team to ever play in the tournament. They’re young but have no answers and no discipline

And again. All the ball then some idiot drops it and try wales

Small mercy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,456 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I don't know who the Italian lad carrying low down in one hand thought he was playing for.

Basics in a shambles, pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Well forward did not need to happen

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

swiwi_ wrote: »
    And I’m out until Le Crunch. Training ground run for Wales. Competition would be better with a return to 5 teams and no bye weeks.

How do you manage that with an odd number of teams?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

And I’m out until Le Crunch. Training ground run for Wales. Competition would be better with a return to 5 teams and no bye weeks.

It might be better but I can't imagine the broadcasters would be best pleased. Italy aren't going anywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭swiwi_

How do you manage that with an odd number of teams?

Realistically you’d need one rest week, otherwise the team that doesn’t play the first has 4 straight games. 3 weeks - rest - 2 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭swiwi_

It might be better but I can't imagine the broadcasters would be best pleased. Italy aren't going anywhere.

What are the tv ratings for Italy? So far I’ve watched about 30 minutes of their games before getting bored and doing something else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,868 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Would a relegation promotion play off ever be on the cards? Or no guarantee that even if say Georgia beat Italy in a one off game they would be much better? Saw Bernard Jackman was on about it on twitter there

• Subscribers Posts: 41,942 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Bridge93 wrote: »
    This Italy is the worst team to ever play in the tournament. They’re young but have no answers and no discipline

Easily the worst Italian team I've ever seen in the competition

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Unfortunately Italy r slightly better than the next best, be it Georgia, Russia, Spain, Germany. Maybe someone like Kenya would be a better alternative

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,392 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Italy actually started off quite positively this Six Nations. Saw enough decent attacking play against France and England to suggest that they may be building towards something. But their performances against us and now Wales have been crap. Their defence is crap and we've seen little of that positive attacking game from earlier fixtures.

What are the tv ratings for Italy? So far I’ve watched about 30 minutes of their games before getting bored and doing something else.

I've no idea, but I doubt it makes sense having two games on a weekend instead of three.
    Kicking them out would likely kill Italian rugby. I'm not happy either (I turned off like you) but it's not going to change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Scratchly

Come back is on

• Advertisement

Great finish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭StevenToast

You could leave Italy play the others in the off week....

Take them out of the championship...they have no business being on that table....

This is as close to a friendly as you will get....training sessions are harder than italy...

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

You could leave Italy play the others in the off week....

Take them out of the championship...they have no business being on that table....

This is as close to a friendly as you will get....training sessions are harder than italy...

How do you sell that to broadcasters?
    It's just not practical at all to kick them out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

Eod100 wrote: »
    Would a relegation promotion play off ever be on the cards? Or no guarantee that even if say Georgia beat Italy in a one off game they would be much better? Saw Bernard Jackman was on about it on twitter there
    No because it isnt in the 6 Nations interests. Georgia simply wont have the income the italians have and wont necessarily be any better on the pitch. The next tiers in europe do need more games against the 6 Nations sides though
    Unfortunately Italy r slightly better than the next best, be it Georgia, Russia, Spain, Germany. Maybe someone like Kenya would be a better alternative
    Kenya arent much good at 15s. The next tier in Europe need more games against Italy and all the rest of the 6 Nations to help close gap and improve standards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,868 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Looks like Italys spot is fairly secure with new CVC deal either way.

https://twitter.com/Murray_Kinsella/status/1370758295607201792

Thats awful finishing

TMO 100% right.

That'll learn him to be casual.

It's really hard to tell - but that's shocking if he hasn't gotten that down.

Anyone else hoping Wales lose the 6n on PD by like 3 or 4 points now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,752 ✭✭✭degsie

TMOs are sucking the life out of the game of rugby

• Advertisement

Anyone else think that Italian back rower is the spit of Chris Henry?

Thats a red card. Its direct to the neck

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Scratchly wrote: »
    Anyone else think that Italian back rower is the spit of Chris Henry?

Meyer? That’s a great shout.

That's a red. Edit. Think he got lucky there, looked to be direct to the neck.

Thats an Andy Warwick replay. Its as direct as direct gets. If Barnes has mitigated that in his own head he's incompetent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭StevenToast

How do you sell that to broadcasters?
    It's just not practical at all to kick them out.

Ya...im only looking at it from a rugby perspective...

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

More self inflicted rubbish from Italy. Rees Zammit wasn’t even trying to intercept and they throw it straight to him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,752 ✭✭✭degsie

Exhibition game here

Ireland don't produce outside backs with the speed of a Rees Zammit or Jonny May/Anthony Watson. We've a load of quickish lads, but no out and out sprinters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,112 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

So if England beat France will the championship be Wales's eitherway

Clegg wrote: »
    Ireland don't produce outside backs with the speed of a Rees Zammit or Jonny May/Anthony Watson. We've a load of quickish lads, but no out and out sprinters.

Some of the lads playing 7s might disagree. They tend to get left to the 7s though.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭MurDawg

razorblunt wrote: »
    Some of the lads playing 7s might disagree. They tend to get left to the 7s though.

Earl's and zebo also come to mind

MurDawg wrote: »
    Earl's and zebo also come to mind

I don't think either have the pace of those mentioned above. Quick, but not at the same level of speed as this mentioned above.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

Aaron Sexton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Balacoune and Aaron Sexton up there surely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭magic17

Another hammering for Italy. From a competitive point of view, what exactly is the point of them? Surely it would be better to go back to 5 teams and let Italy go face the likes of Georgia in the second tier competition.

They've not improved at all in 20 years despite being given plenty of chances, their teams entered into the Pro 14 etc. They're as bad now as they ever were.

What's Fionn Carr up to these days?

2m from the line and they pass it back 20 then knock it on trying to run it back. Dire stuff.

magic17 wrote: »
    Another hammering for Italy. From a competitive point of view, what exactly is the point of them? Surely it would be better to go back to 5 teams and let Italy go face the likes of Georgia in the second tier competition.

They've not improved at all in 20 years despite being given plenty of chances, their teams entered into the Pro 14 etc. They're as bad now as they ever were.

I wonder would there be value in a Jaguares type approach with one team consisting of as many internationals as possible. Consolidate Treviso and Zebre.

ITV again can’t even be bothered getting an Italian representative on their panel.
    2 Welsh and Maggie Alphonse is sufficient. Even someone like Jake Polledri would do.

• Advertisement
Advertisement