Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2021 General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

Went for a run this morning. The wind was even stronger than usual but I’m of the opinion now that’s constantly breezy in this country. Dark clouds. Ominous skies.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭OldRio

appledrop wrote: »
    We have them here in North County Dublin in summer.

Plenty here in Leitrim. Horrid things.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,159 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Went for a run this morning. The wind was even stronger than usual but I’m of the opinion now that’s constantly breezy in this country. Dark clouds. Ominous skies.

Good to have you back Clonmel 1000

• Registered Users Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Constant wind is just horrible. Praying for a decent summer at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,272 ✭✭✭✭zell12

zell12 wrote: »
    Is there a rain deluge this weekend?
    gp7SKDx.png
    Looks like it was a correct prediction

• Advertisement

Good to have you back Clonmel 1000

Cheers my last account got blocked or something I’m not sure

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Brutal day in East Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Rotten day in cork in general. Strong winds, heavy mist. Rotten

• Registered Users Posts: 10,159 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A very windy afternoon here just outside Castlebar,but very mild.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Is it rather windier than the forecast suggested for the south and east? Some big gusts in the last 12-18 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Spring / Summer / Autumn / Winter....sure whats the difference its like this 90% of the time

105224-Storm-Blowing-In.gif?1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Was looking forward to this weekend with the clocks changing but its been a complete write off, stuck indoors all day again today by the looks of it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Nqp15hhu

Was looking forward to this weekend with the clocks changing but its been a complete write off, stuck indoors all day again today by the looks of it

Some sunshine is forecast for later next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

Nqp15hhu wrote: »
    I have never seen a mosquito here.

Never seen them where I'm from in South Ulster but plenty in the midlands where I live now.

Not a fun hiking experience. As usual a nutty differential between 1200 feet and sea level, winds are about 10mph at my house..: but must be over 50mph sustained up there.

Dunno what it is about that hill/mountain but the wind is always dramatically higher up there.

https://youtu.be/57SGIg7nZRo

Wet and windy weekend followed by the same this morning. Dreadful morning so far.
    Leitrim

• Registered Users Posts: 5,972 ✭✭✭appledrop

Yea it didn't start off very promising here in NCD, no rain but very windy and dull.

It's brighting up now though, sunshine coming through.

This wind is really irksome at the moment. Really unpleasant to try run or cycle into.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Yes very windy today even though temps meant to get to 18c in Dublin. Looks like the wind will calm down after today for a couple of days at least.

Sunbathing now, almost feels hot out my back garden, strong breeze is warm at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,972 ✭✭✭appledrop

Yes very windy today even though temps meant to get to 18c in Dublin. Looks like the wind will calm down after today for a couple of days at least.

It's a bit of a mad day really. Went out for walk at lunch time needed the light coat as very strong breeze but when sun comes out and its sheltered its roasting!

appledrop wrote: »
    It's a bit of a mad day really. Went out for walk at lunch time needed the light coat as very strong breeze but when sun comes out and its sheltered its roasting!

yes if that wind would kindly f*ck off we'd have a summer's day on our hands

Well at least the rain stopped, unfortunately only to be replaced by drizzle. Thick cloud and wind. Muck.

Got up to 16.5c here unbelievably.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Wave clouds over our fair isle this evening:

OZlkUaf.gif

New Moon

Did any where other than the Dublin lads get good weather today. It’s overcast and windy here today all day.

It was sunny here at times, particularly this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭highdef

Cloudy most of the day in north Kildare with some intervals of mostly cloudy and about an hour of partly cloudy.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭SnowyMuckish

Horrible wet windy day here again in the NW, lakes in the lawn. Thankfully the winds have calmed, hoping for better weather tomorrow!

• Advertisement

Actually got a bit burnt on my face today from reading out the back! Looks like tomorrow will be the same but with no wind, and Google weather has wintry showers forecast for Monday. What a strange month.

Advertisement