Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2021 General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Another great day here in Kerry, running around this morning with shirt sleeves rolled up. Long live the High Pressure.

Top temp of 15.9C at my increasingly sheltered site but normally get a bit more out of a SE'ly fohn effect with the breeze releasing a bit more heat at this side of the mountains.

OXvA22z.png?2

coHgHQL.png?1

GASl44x.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Spring evenings during this week in west Mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

A clear, crisp morning out here. I was outside at eventide last night and the sheer beauty of flat calm ocean reflecting orange shore lights, with the lambent, glowing sky.
    And a deep peaceful silence as the day opens quietly in brightness.

west mayo offshore

Clear your dm folder please

Computer crashed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭pad199207

Another beautiful but chilly morning in Kildare. -1°

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Crisp, sunny and frosty morning on Dublin 5 following on from a lovely day yesterday. The highest temperature recorded in my area this month is 13.0c, would be interesting if this isn't exceeded for the remainder of the month, unlikely though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Finally a nice sunny couple of days in Letterkenny, garden is still a bog but at least the ground is drying out. Trees are still totally bare so hopefully this will kickstart a bit of growth

• Registered Users Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Rivalling spring last year at this rate, glorious.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

some drone footage from yesterday evening.

and earlier today.

• Advertisement

West Mayo is the loveliest part of Ireland. I knew that over 20 years ago when I was first over here, and I know it now, settled here.. Home.

A sturdy wind, and chilly.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

and earlier today.

Stunning!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,292 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

bloody gorgeous and of course my exams started yesterday - you're welcome!

bloody gorgeous and of course my exams started yesterday - you're welcome!

Good luck!

I took Degree Finals exams on my 21st! No idea what the weather was. They let me keep my cards on the desk....

Bitterly cold. Grey and chill.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Cooled1

Looked out and seen clear blue skies and a gentle breeze. Went out and sat outside for about 3 mins before I had to give in and go back inside, it would skin you alive out there. Cant take much more of this cold weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Squeaksoutloud

Cooled1 wrote: »
    Looked out and seen clear blue skies and a gentle breeze. Went out and sat outside for about 3 mins before I had to give in and go back inside, it would skin you alive out there. Cant take much more of this cold weather.

Yes just did the same...freezing wind in North county Dublin.

WIld, wet, windy... nasty old weather altogether.

Did I say COLD?

Deeply thankful for my furry purry mates.... SHIVERS!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

Anyone else find it very cold today. The last few days have been in the main bright and relatively sunny without being warm. Today was just downright cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Anyone else find it very cold today. The last few days have been in the main bright and relatively sunny without being warm. Today was just downright cold.

Same here, spent most of the day taking out window sashes and refitting them, in a draught all day and couldn't warm myself

• Registered Users Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Very cold out today. Horrible biting wind. Need things to start warming up soon but next week looks to be more of the same coolness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭compsys

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Very cold out today. Horrible biting wind. Need things to start warming up soon but next week looks to be more of the same coolness.

The average temp in Ireland for mid-April is 13º or so. 14º for the start of May. It could be a while before things warm up!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭4Ad

The wind would cut you in two here in East Clare.
    It was actually ok at 11 this morning, t shirt running weather, it got colder as the day went on..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

I see our Coleraine/Limavady friend has finally been banned, hopefully a return to more normal posting ahead, the forum has been a chore to read these past couple of months and not just because of that one user

A cold, overcast day today in Letterkenny, its been cold all spring here so far so no change there, still no foliage on trees and no days where its been pleasant enough to sit out. Looking at the models the week ahead should hopefully get milder as the week goes on finally

Gray and chill.

All plans have been revised.. I "even" may light the fire/stove! Now that is a record for abstemious me! In mid April....

At least there is no wind...

West Mayo offshore

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Very dry in parts of the south this month so far, with Johnstown Castle still only on 2.1mm up to yesterday and 3.7 in Sherkin Island. Belmullet, Markee and Knock are the wettest with each around 22 or 23mm.

New Moon

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    Very dry in parts of the south this month so far, with Johnstown Castle still only on 2.1mm up to yesterday and 3.7 in Sherkin Island. Belmullet, Markee and Knock are the wettest with each around 22 or 23mm.

6.6mm at my station,most of which fell in 2 heavy showers last week that we flukilly luckilly got

A bitter wind out there. I was out briefly for garden essentials and at the norther facing back..

On the drive facing southerly it was lesser and mild.

west mayo offshore

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭gugsy

Just starting to cloud up here in Galway after some nice hazy sunshine this morning feeling a little cool now with a light breeze.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,292 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Gorgeous in Dublin, the wind is fairly nippy though, has stayed blue skies and sunny for longer than was forecast so far.

Advertisement