Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE Radio 1: The Ryan Tubridy Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Each to their own I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Just out of curiosity, could you tell us what you enjoy about the show? I’m genuinely curious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Please inform us of what it is about the show that you enjoy.

Your views are very welcome.

In the words of the man himself, I am "fascinated" by Tubridy fans.

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭avfc1874

I think it's like when you hit your thumb with a hammer, you don't want to look and you hope it's not as bad as you expected but it usually is....

That's tubs show in a nutshell, except you don't swear as much when you hit your thumb 😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Looks like we scared off yet another Tubridy fan....shame...

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,425 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Another victory for the Cranks over the Luvvies. It's too easy.

Openly admitting he'll sponge off others doing a barbecue over the weekend because he doesn't want to clean his own.

Kay Burley on the LLS tonight - 2 grief vampires trying to out-misery each other.

"I make time to read" - it's a little easier for you though Bryan with your 8 hour work week and 3 months holidays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭mistersifter

He "makes sure they get they best stuff for him", takes advantage and then **** off before any cleaning needs to be done.

Nice fella.

Once again the lack of self-awareness is actually baffling.

I was in London since Monday with work (incl. the Bank Holiday). I got back this morning and have been at my desk since 8:30 - just like Bryan. 😉🙄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

Texter asks him to make the show longer.

His response was pretty abrupt, "well that won't be happening because we're happy with where we are".

The mere thought of working beyond his current five hours angers him 😂

I always laugh, proper laughing,not tubs pretending fake laughing when the rte staff praise the rte player, 🤔😁😁

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Kildare1976

I'm not listening this morning but I saw his Instagram story early yesterday afternoon, whike most of us were only 2/3 of the way through our working day.

Big sleepy head on him preaching about making time to read... Turn off the TV, put the phone away and make time...

No Ryan, we can't turn our computers off at 10am, ignore children, household chores, helping our elders, cook dinner, prelare kids lunches, do homework, collect kids, bring them to activities, maybe be lucky enough to squeeze in a bit of exercise, all while doing a minimum 8 hour day at work.

Perhaps be lucky enough to read then.... A bedtime story to the kids.

The man is so out of touch with the daily realities of normal people.

But of course he is, he left his own kids and wife when his youngest was 1! And gets paid 500k a year {for 9 months, he gets 3 off in total}

ABSOLUTELY clueless with zero self awareness.

Watch the Instagram story, actually cringed for the man.

• Advertisement

I'm thinking there could be a few more lines of choose ( tubs) life

Choose not living in the real world

Choose finishing work early wether you are allowed to or not.

Choose eating cake and reading books?

It's really more a case of "choose to pretend to read books"

That was hilarious.....the Player that's almost a big a joke as the fees paid to these chancers. Even the player works more often than Tubs, Duffy, D'Arcy & Co. put together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

He struggles to fill an hour every day. And it's not a real hour, more like 45min by the time the songs and adverts are taken out.

A 90min or 2hr show would simply mean more rambling, prattling and reading out text messages.

Don't think anyone needs more of this show.

Yep. He used to do 3 hour slot when he took over from Gerry Ryan on 2fm. Poor lad couldn't hack the workload so they had to knock a couple of hours off. No way he's going back there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

The BBC weren’t long running him out the door!

Another one for the NK Management Thread..........there was a free Lidl Magazine (of sorts) in the paper of record today and guess who is a new Brand Ambassador for their mother and baby range? Kathryn Thomas. I was shocked to hear she had had a baby..........she never talks about it. Nice money for doing fock all - bit like Little Lord Tubsleroy really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

I believe her mother once spotted Kiev on an atlas, she hasn’t been the same since!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,779 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

The original kid's career must be over and she's still sitting in the camper van 😮😱😲

These “celebrity” mother tips for new parents gigs are baffling to me. Why any new parent would want to listen to the likes Aoibhinn Garrihy, Vogue Williams, or Kathryn Thomas talk about parenting over an expert is beyond me, but some brands seem to lap it up.

I suppose Thomas is different as she was the first woman ever to give birth though…..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,608 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Charlie did the Darkness into Light this morning .

Great guy, great cause.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭sam t smith

Can people start texting in asking to make the show shorter please?

Tubs will be disgusted that Charlie is getting coverage without him being there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

Another one for the NK Management Thread...

I'm liking the cut of your jib there. A NKM/Agencies thread would be great and serve many purposes. It'd help to raise peoples awareness that Claire, Ryan, Joe, Ray, Brendan don't actually work for RTE and point out the fact that they [the TV licence payers] are funding Mr Kelly's and others lavish lifestyles. The thread could be titled - Talent management agencies in Irish broadcasting - NKM, Carol & Associates etc - I'm not sure where the thread would go though. Buggered if I'm starting it - my name is dirt around here since the pressie of RU started acting the maggot with his teeny weeny little cock

I'm sure Mr Kelly would really appreciate a thread containing his Co's name in the title. It would help to bring in lots more business after all.

We could discuss lots of stuff in the thread: What % of the huge fees paid to contractors goes to the agencies, who is/isn't with what agency, what would happen if the contractors were told by the broadcasters that they work for them directly or to FO somewhere else. It would all be harmless fun.

I hear a well known talent management agency owner is getting a bit worried about all this sanctioning craic and is trying to put some toys out of reach

Here's the - MV-Bend Over RTE - on its way to a small cove off the SW coast of Zanzibar

If you look very closely, you can just about make out Dee Forbes on her hands and knees scrubbing the aft sun deck

note to self :- check under car every morning

I assume Republican Ryan with his familial IRA History will be all over the Nordren Ireland elections................

🙄

• Advertisement

D'Arcy on the buttons for Morning Ireland today it seems.

Today's guest has written a buke about poems. Riveting.

LLS mention.

Bono and The Edge went to the Ukraine to perform - haven't they suffered enough?

I'm surprised Bryan didn't hijack that U2 "gig".

Bryan licking U2's hole. Yeah they didn't do it for publicity at all.........🙄

See he's talking about Bono and the Edge going to Ukraine to perform and stand by the people..

Will he mention Mcsavage went too... Probably not as he gets no pat on the back for that.

Brendan O Connor had the guts to have him on on Saturday and Mcsavage took the opportunity to cut Tubridy down.

Mcsavage doesn't have money and hutched his way through.

Wouldn't you love to be a Ukranian over the weekend trying to survive in Kyiv as it's being bombed and these multi-millionaire tax avoiders come over and sing a song for you before escaping via their private jet back to safety and freedom - and excess?

"David is a cousin of mine" - he's a big fan of you too Tubs. 🤣

• Advertisement

Oh look mentioned him grudgingly because someone text in.

Family and friends mean nothing to this man. He's just a social climber. Hence he will end up a lonely old man.

Suddenly now an interest in Jack Russell as Zelensky award one a medal.... Everything he does is just a cycle of back pedaling. He has no substance.

"little man" insult now... Intelligent

His obsession with presidential campaigns is all about his own future plans. God help us all.

Hilarious.. Only acknowledged the connection because we all already know...

If he could keep that a secret like he does with most of his connections, he would.

• Advertisement

He obviously did NOTHING to help that suicidal person... If years letter he only got an update on the person because they wrote in again to say they were still with us. Thankfully.

Jesus christ, that has turned my stomach.. They use people for content and misery and did NOTHING to follow up with that person.

That's absolutely disgusting, both him and his team too clearky don't care. I just can't belive they wouldn't keep and eye on someone as vulnerable as that poor, poor person. Truly sickening and very telling of the ethos of this show.

Oh god who is the arse licker

Ah jasus, when a guest goes down on tubs/rte. Before the interview has started you know what kind of interview it will be, mutually stroking 🤮🥱

I think I'm going to vomit...

A Bono love fest this morning.

And as you say the intro 🤮

I think even RT is bored

• Advertisement
Advertisement