Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE Radio 1: The Ryan Tubridy Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Well he got to see it at a preview screening months ago so has to pay for that in constant plugging now.

STOP DOING ACCENTS FFS YOU MUPPET.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,134 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

i worked with a guy who ate garlic chips 2 to three times a week for lunch...I would'nt mind but he was already an obnoxious prick.

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

Conan O'Brien Klaxon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,024 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Let's have more chips

A robot could read the emails better than Ryan and wouldn't need extended holiday breaks due to exhaustion

Wexford's Man for All Seasons

I'm just surprised Tubs would even be seen in a Chipper, he'd be required to Pick and choose (Actually make a Decision) , can you imagine the Q as he trys to decide between a snack box, Right or Left Breast of Kentucky fried chicken, actually even saying the word breast, god forbid he'd ask for a battered Sausage 🙄

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Todays Quiz;

How many women did JFK ride ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

First time catching the show in a few weeks.

Who is this guy and why is he on the show. An into would be nice Ryan.

Is he talking about illness?

• Advertisement

is this the kind of schtick he sold the Americans:

it would appear it is:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭StevenToast

This is how i feel when i listen to Tubridy.....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,608 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Seems RT is not the only one thinking about a takeaway.

You can nominate your local chipper, there might even be a free one and one in the deal.

Don't all rush together 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Red Fred

It's Tubs birthday on Saturday. Am surprised that he hasn't dropped heavy hints about it so that he might be showered with gifts and cards from listeners and businesses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,186 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

after that heartfelt section the producers left him notes on the jonny dep case to read out next which didn't fit at all, tubs gave up

He absolutely did!

he “casually” (i.e. not) mentioned that Macca is playing in Orlando on Saturday night and how he’d “love” to go.

i know McCartney’s record company here has previously arranged for Tubs to not only go to gifs here in Ireland but also to intimate gigs in the UK for invited only audiences in money can’t buy events. I suspect his mention of the Orlando gig was a hint to “put my name on the guest list!” whilst simultaneously hoping Aer Lingus heard him mention Orlando enough to offer free flights too.

if he really wanted to go he could easily get a flight, accommodation, and a ticket for less than €1,500 - and I’m being generous there with that budget, you could do it a lot cheaper - but the multimillionaire doesn’t like to pay for anything himself - even chips.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,608 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Weekend birthdays are pants.

No cards on the mat to look forward to.

I’m sure he’ll get yours on Monday if you post it tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

Be easier to just slide it under the studio door in the morning and if it says lovely things about Ryan, he might just read it out on-air. What a treat.

I wonder who'll get to present the Takeaway show - Ms Lotto Ryan, dull as dishwater Baz, Ciara Kelly...the list is endless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭mistersifter

But you're forgetting one thing - going to the chipper is the most Irish thing in the world! Of course the Toyman does it several times per week!

He's also so accustomed to freebies he went into a chipper and, by his own admission, walked out without paying. 

Then he went into a restaurant and was told he would have to wait, so he left. Why didn't they kick some peasant off their table to accommodate the Toyman? Not very kind treating him like a normal punter.

Anyway, let's all eat more deep fried **** everyone. Follow this sound advice and you too can look as malnourished as the DLB. Don't worry about us having some of the highest obesity stats in the world. As long as you read books with gorgeous illustrations that you bought in a local book shop, you're allowed to have a child's palate and dismiss anything remotely healthy and never exert yourself physically.

D'arcy needs to have a word with him about eating his vegetables.

• Advertisement

This is from the rte.ie website no less:

As he counts down to the Late Late Show's 60th birthday celebrations tonight, Ryan Tubridy has joked that his dream interview with Paul McCartney is "never going to happen".

Over his 13 seasons as host, Tubridy has made no secret of his biggest wish - and the build-up to Friday night's show has provided another opportunity to vent.

"I think his people have taken an injunction out against me and a protection order in case I actually land in a door in London and say, 'Please, would you come out and play?'" Tubridy laughed. "The fact is I'm a Beatles nut, I'm a McCartney guy."

"I've seen him nine times in concert," the presenter continued. "He has just made all this music that I buy - stuff that his kids wouldn't buy! Like, I've been very loyal to Paul, and I think Paul should start giving something back; not just to me personally, but to the people of Ireland! They need to see him on the show!"

An encounter backstage at a gig many years ago did not go according to plan...

"I was a disgrace," Tubridy lamented. "I fanboyed. I ended up tapping him on the shoulder, like, manically and he was kind of... I think he was looking around for security. I had a chicken sandwich before - so that was nice - I had bits of chicken in my teeth!

"And I was wearing an unforgivable shirt that looked like something out of Wall Street in the Eighties - but this was in the 2000s before a gig in Manchester.

"He didn't want pictures taken. I got a picture taken. Essentially, the picture is him going, 'Don't take the picture, please don't' - and I'm manically grinning with my chicken teeth going and he's kind of looking around for security!

"We have to talk this out, Paul!"

"So is it any wonder I can't get the man on the show? I don't blame him!

"It's never going to happen! Also, I don't want the interview to be by Zoom or by phone! It's got to be face-to-face! We have to talk this out, Paul!

"I don't even need that much time with him. You know, just maybe 20 minutes and ask, 'So, The Beatles - what was that all about?'"

"I have been to his house in Liverpool where he grew up," Tubridy concluded as he headed off to Late Late rehearsals. "It was part of the tour..."

The Late Late Show, RTÉ One, 9:35pm

Not the first time he's hounded someone who has politely asked not to be bother - he did the same to Tony Bennett. So kind.

Tubs not doing the promo for his own show again - that's at least the second time this week.

Gets a mention in the Indo as well, pay wall

article, my arse I'm paying to read that Shyte

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Jolly japes ahoy! All aboard the HMS Nerdatonia!

Post edited by ButtersSuki on

Straight into the LLS. It's like the radio show only exists to promote variously The Late Late Show or The Toy Show; and of course to allow Tubs to ask for freebies.

FOR THE FREEBIE LIST:

free donuts

free berries

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Started talking at 906. Used to be 903.

Riffs till 928 or 930, used to be 915.

Show is obviously struggling to get guests to fill the show with. Just prattle on longer.

Free fruit. Nice of him to give a free advert to a company, saves them actually paying rte for a proper advert.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Kildare1976

A bit like Tubs... Two very different sides to him

Sad to see rte and indo try their best to get Maccato actually give an interview.

nkm must be working hard behind the scenes to make this happen.

The interview could happen in Iceland. Kill 2 birds...

• Advertisement

Tubs says aloud the team asks (about him) "has he gone yet?" and jokes about it. Sadly for him, the team were not joking.

No mention of Depeche Mode's Andy Fletcher's death.

Edit: here we go.

Aside from "Just can't get enough" which he likely heard at a teenage disco in the 1980s, that 6 seconds of "Personal Jesus" is likely the most Tubs has ever listened to Depeche Mode.

My favourite band btw.

text from the Montrose toilet block, CUBICLE 3

Tubs jealous that Liam Neeson got a free jacket from Magee.

• Advertisement

turn heads as you visit teddy's on a sunny early spring day in this Magee combo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭avfc1874

Ray liota,s mother was Scottish not Irish, but don't let facts get in the way of an Irish angle tubs

Texter said he was married to an Irish woman though.

Coupled with a pair of Farah's finest "Shlacks" and you'll be the belle of the ball!

God he's so boring.

• Advertisement

Bruce Springsteen...the townie Gareth Brukes

Tubs never has to queue (virtually or in person) OR PAY for tickets.

Depeche Mode band member dies......and Tubs plays The Hothouse Flowers.

FFS.

That was the lad from Depeche mode, Andrew Fletcher

So Andrew Fletcher, from Depeche mode dies, tubs says one of his groovy gang is a massive fan, so he starts the show with........... The hothouse flowers,. Cnut 🙄

His character assassination of Ray Liotta wasn't very kind this morning.

Imagine the stories that will be told about him when he's dead. His constant abuse of his power, his disgusting degrading treatment of women, the way he treats researches he doesn't like.

Bring on NKs team now to defend or say how do you know this.

"The whole world knows now".

99.999% doesn't care or know who you are.

He'd know a lot about sleepless nights with his kids.... He ran when his daughter was only one.

Ryan only likes the nice bits...

He's such an egotistical knob, one of his team massive Depeche mode fan, said she has them as ring tone,

Instead of playing a Depeche mode song and saying this is for her.

He has to show her how much he's the boss and plays a song that has no relevance to anything,

When he jokes the team don't like him.

They're not joking tubs

• Advertisement
Advertisement