Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE Radio 1: The Ryan Tubridy Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,024 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

What a clown, he is clearly not aware Monkeys don't just come from Africa 🙄🙄

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Kildare1976

5 mins of him is enough for anyone.... Time to switch off when I heard him mention "the price of living".... He really is so clueless is our Mr Partridge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭archfi

If anyone immediately thinks of black people the minute the word 'monkey' is mentioned well, the the problem lies with them.

Ironically, the good people thinking like this are ever so correct and a special kind of k i n d in a type of virtuous, dumb but racist sense.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

Christ on a Bike, I'm not listening but this mornings show sounds horrific.

• Didn’t catch too much of the show, but his ignorance of so many topics is hard to comprehend in somebody so well paid in the name of communication to the nation.

Primates are to be found pretty much everywhere, from Asia, South & Central America, Africa, and a small colony in Southern Europe at Gibraltar. They come in many colours, including white. But our Subsidy can only think in terms of subsets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

2 men of the people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Tubs wondering aloud if 3 world leaders could be "taken out by a bomb" whilst traveling on a train throughout Europe. What a strange man.

Why doesn't Geo Politics work just like in the movies ??? Then, Tubs might get to see everything happening from a cool vantage point?

• Advertisement

Tubs admitting to not having a clue what "market cap" means. I despair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,134 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

holding on line 1 with a freebie

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭archfi

Ooh, based Minnie Driver.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

No Ryan, you will not be cancelled for calling Minnie Driver an actress. She identifies as a woman and has referred to herself as an actress on multiple occasions.

No if you asked her what her age is, and she gave a valid reason why she wasn't answering it. Then you doubled down and said she was "having a mood". Maybe you should be cancelled for being a shite interviewer.

Quit the hyperbolic melodramatic shite.

Gerry O'Carroll should have been ashamed of himself putting his name to that piece of 'journalism'.

When you read it, it sounds like something that NK Management would write now. Only worse.

• Advertisement

I do like Double Woke Seven though, might be a new moniker for Little Lord Tubsleroy on the thread?

00-99's not bad either, even if I do say so myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Double woke 7 and Double 0-99 are excellent suggestions for this gobshìte

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭cozar

callers winning Robbie William's comp saying they always wanted to see him in concert, so they waited until they won a competition to see him? could have gone anytime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭phonypony

Maybe they work in RTÉ and have an aversion to paying for anything, like a lot of the staff and contractors?

• Advertisement

• It usually means they never had the thought of seeing such & such an artist performing but now that there’s a freebie they might go for the craic or give it to somebody they know who is a genuine fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭leath_dub

I had the misfortune to see Robbie Williams in Croke Park a few years back. Supported by The Beautiful South. He was beyond shite. He should have been embarrassed to follow Paul Heaton and Co.

He as much as admitted it was crap during the show and promised to come back and do a free gig. That never happened (and I wouldn't have gone if it did.)

A complete spoofer - how does he get away with it?

Ryan might like to play the woke game. But all you have to do is listen to his interview with Minnie Driver. To realise it's nothing more then lip service

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭avfc1874

Ha ha Ha it's ha ha Paul McCartneys ha ha birthday, wtf is wrong with him, spoofer and I'm out

Is he seriously moaning about constant bad news???

Does he not see the irony at all? The fact that the majority of his interviews on radio and TV have to involve a misery element, be it cancer, death, sickness....

Is he taking the piss. Helter Skelter. No baggage attached to this song at all.

After all his talk about cascading trauma get fupped Ryan. You smug little bollo0xs.

No. He is referring to when other people do it. When he does it. Then it's ok

Did you not hear his story about invading Paul McCartneys privacy earlier.

""No photos, please", well we took one anyway and it's framed and everything. But I don't like my hair and shirt in it. So I don't show it to people".

Indeed, it's only all spoof. Pretending to be disgusted by what happened to Mini Driver and how women are treated.

This is the same guy that likened women breastfeeding in public to urinating in public.

Also said women should have "a quality tick on there arse" so guys could tell how good they are in bed and how many they had. This is the real Ryan Tubridy.

Again people will jump on and defend him if we mention his private but work and private life can not be mutually exclusive when your preaching is so contradictory to how you really are.

He is a very nasty character in private. . ... And yes he is entitled to a private life but there is a reason he is so private. He treated all of his exes with utter disrespect

https://www.irishmirror.ie/showbiz/irish-showbiz/ryan-tubridy-reveals-lovers-work-2336046.amp

This is so him... He did the same to an elderly Tony Bennet on a street in NY.

This is exactly what he is like in "real" life, he gets what he wants.

There are many women that could attest to that. Its Ryan way or no way.

• Advertisement

Some pretty damning comments from Ryan there, if he did indeed say them.

I know the article is old, but I tend to find people rarely change their attitudes with time, they just lie to cover them up or pretend they are something they aren't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭phonypony

A bully, a narcissist and a hypocrite. An insufferable combination.

Tubridy is a scumbag trying to morph into a persona of uncle gaybo....

He would loved to be referred to as a "National Treasure".....

He is in fact a National Parasite.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Great post.

It is indeed fairly suspect how he's so determined to avoid even mentioning the existence of a partner, especially since he often mentions his family (daughters, mother,brothers, uncles, etc). Why so determined to conceal girlfriends? This was alluded to in that interview he did a while back about JFK where he was ignoring any criticism about JFKs attitude to women - the writer suggested that maybe the topic was a bit too close to home.

A less extreme but also telling example than the one you provided was when he said Keira Knightley should never cry in films because it makes her look ugly. No interest in the acting or character - just dont look ugly for the ToyMan. Hopefully he'll interview her one day so he can tell her that to her face. Imagine being called ugly by him of all people.

• That article really does tell of a very unpleasant creature. Aoibhinn was far too intelligent, decent, not to even mention, pretty, for him.

• #License to Chill

• Did Ryan say “cut their losses” deliberately as a snipe back at the pride organisation?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

No, just his usual ill prepared waffle.

Double woke 7: Licence to Licence Fee

• Advertisement

I was away last Friday but it brings tears of joy to my eyes (sadly no kitchen table around to dance around) to see Double Woke 7 is catching on. I'm almost as pleased with myself as Bryan is when the monthly cheque comes through.

That article does not make for pretty reading. It's extremely misogynistic, and certainly not very kind or woke. I wonder what would the woke crowd think of this article? People have been cancelled for less.

Books!

"men who didn't have a high opinion of women"

Hmmm. A bit close to the bone for Bryan perhaps?

Clearly reading the press release for the first time. Zero prep as usual.

• Advertisement

Half a million euros a year for Bryan to tell us about an "air steward" pouring Diet Coke on an airplane.

Then he states that air stewards ask passengers "are you going anywhere nice on your holidays?" whilst pouring drinks for passengers. WTAF? Who has ever been asked "are you going anywhere nice on your holidays?" by an air steward on a flight?

Toy Show klaxon. In June. 🙄

Once again struggling with the reading. "NAACP" - bet he's never heard of that before reading it just now and hasn't the foggiest what it stands for.

MAGA - Make AMERICAN Great Again.

🙄

Absolute drivel and waffle again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement