Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE Radio 1: The Ryan Tubridy Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Aubrey McCarthy mention, Joe will be jealous.

America!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

CANCER

The Stella is a "beautiful cinema"....i.e. they don't charge The Toyman to see movies there.

Honestly I could post this every day:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 702 ✭✭✭QueensGael

Both Shupermacs and shnack box have a "h" Tubs when you're in Galway.

Is he actually calling for cancer centres to be set up in every cottage hospital west of the Shannon? The centralised cancer strategy has been one of the few and outstanding HSE successes in recent years 🙄

Multi-millionaire tax avoider laments the fact that people in the West of Ireland have to drive to Dublin for cancer treatment.

One of the reasons that is so Bryan is because people like you and Joe Duffy are paid extortionary rates by the state broadcaster from the public coffers, monies which could instead be used to fund the health service.

Obligatory Beatles mention.

James Bond mention. Tubs no doubt relishing the upcoming fake accent fest he's going to inflict on the guest later.

• Advertisement

DON'T YOU DARE CRITICIZE CAPTAIN KINDNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tubs doesn't have time for fishing as he's working all the time.

Tubs: Don't dress up as Jeffrey Dahmer for Halloween.

Joe Duffy meanwhile will dress up as the Grim Reaper and visit a graveyard for a long wa_k* on Hallowween.

*I mean "walk"

Lesbians in Scooby Doo now.

Short riff today, he can't be ar$ed

Short riffin' section today thankfully. I'm out.

Fair play to any of you who hang around long enough to hear Tubs do a Sean Connery Bond impression...…because he will do it.

• With a Galway accent too you have to make sure your diphthongs are divided into two syllables

Imagine Mr. Duffy trying to pronounce "diphthong"?

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

I wonder will he be in tomorrow if he has to drive (or more likely be driven) the 2.5 hours from Galway to Dublin today? Poor creatur will be wrecked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭hawley

have put "proper thought and planning" into the show - as he admits he isn't worried the musical will damage the toy show brand.

The Late Late Show host said he isn’t worried the musical will damage the Toy Show brand, insisting he hopes theatre bosses are doing the show with “proper thought and planning."

“I’ve nothing to do with that. I don’t believe it will go wrong. You know, I think it will be great and I wish them well, but it is an endeavour that isn’t… I couldn’t be clearer in that respect. All my focus is on the Toy Show this year.”

He seems quite angry about it. He sings a song and dances about on the Toy Show. Then spends the next six months talking about it and the six months preceding the next Toy Show building it up. It's utterly vile.

• Advertisement

He's possibly/probably not getting any fees from it so is p*ssed off on that front.

here's the link - he's not a happy bunny at all about this!

https://www.irishmirror.ie/showbiz/rte-star-ryan-tubridy-hopes-28152080

Last few lines are great:

RTE star Ryan Tubridy hopes producers of Toy Show the musical have put in 'proper thought and planning'

The Late Late Show host insists he isn't worried the muscial will damage the Toy Show brand

SHOWBIZ

BySandra MallonShowbiz Reporter

06:00, 5 OCT 2022

RTE star Ryan Tubridy has said he hopes Toy Show the musical producers have put "proper thought and planning" into the show - as he admits he isn't worried the musical will damage the toy show brand.

The Late Late Show host said he isn’t worried the musical will damage the Toy Show brand, insisting he hopes theatre bosses are doing the show with “proper thought and planning”.

The brand-new musical inspired by the much-loved annual TV event opens on December 10 at The Convention Centre in Dublin and will feature some of Ireland's most well-known stage and screen actors in the lead adult roles.

Ryan told us: “I’ve nothing to do with that.

“I don’t believe it will go wrong. You know, I think it will be great and I wish them well, but it is an endeavour that isn’t…

“I don’t think they would do it without proper thought and planning and getting it right, so I hope they do that.”

Toy Show the Musical will follow a young girl's Toy Show adventure.

A statement from RTE read: "It's a story about family, tradition and how the magic of the Toy Show brings the whole world together each year for one truly amazing night. Full of fun, laughter and love we see how the Toy Show allows children to teach us that the magic they need to change their world already exists within them.

They said: “We are thrilled to honour the Toy Show and all of the joy and magic that it inspires across Ireland every year with this new creation, telling the story of one little family and their adventures on Toy Show night, through the eyes of a child."

Ryan added: “We made it quite clear - I said it on the TV show – I said that this show – I am not involved, I’m not in it. I wish everyone well in it.

“I couldn’t be clearer in that respect. All my focus is on the Toy Show this year.”

The 49-year-old previously said how this year’s Toy Show will be “important”, for a number of reasons.

"The Toy Show 2022 is going to be very important, for a number of reasons.

"I think people are going to be suffering economically, and they’re going to need the most beautiful and enormous hug, as a family on the couch.

"I think they’re going to be worried about their kids in terms of affordability, whether that’s toys or clothes or shopping and food. It’s going to be a tough time.

The daily Mirror is a very reliable source, I'm guessing in the same league as WHICH. Surely I'm not too far wrong :D

Looks like he's angry that he's not gaining financially from it. A lot of back handed compliments. He doesn't seem to want it to be in any way linked to "his" Toy Show at all.

Yes he seems to think it’s his, rather than the show’s. I suspect this is why he christened himself with his self-anointed Toyman monicker, all part of the plan to link him and show together at every opportunity to position him in the role for future earning possibilities. It’s why he mentions the Toy Show all year round too.

Post edited by ButtersSuki on

I think this particular bit from the RTÉ statement is hyperbole or, on reflection, maybe someone in RTÉ actually believes i

“the magic of the Toy Show brings the whole world together each year for one truly amazing night”

oh, FFS!

Well Tubs did say recently he can’t go anywhere in the world without being recognized……

I believe him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,043 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Will woke tubs be shedding a tear for the killing in a graveyard in Tralee yesterday.....will RTE mention the word traveller at all?

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

Tubs is talking to Baz Luhrman this morning, director of..........Elvis.

You might might have heard about this movie for example on one of the 50,000 times Tubs talked about it this year. He started talking about it in January or February when he went to a private screening (for a select few) and told us all how amazing it was but that we'd (as plebs) have to wait until June to see it. Then he talked about it non-stop until its release date when he amazingly "forgot" that he had seen it in Jan/Feb and told us he went to see it for the first time on release day. And of course he's talked about it non-stop since. I honestly can't remember any movie ever being plugged on Irish radio like this.

Not to take from the movie btw, it's a genuinely good film that's worth a watch even if you're not an Elvis fan.

Luhrman is a bit weird so the interview could go in a few directions. It's most likely a pre-record so probably has been filtered and edited within an inch of it's life. He's a genuine A list director though so doing radio in Ireland is a bit of step down from his usual standards. I wonder did the boys and girls in Warner Bros. Ireland have to beg him to come to satisfy the whims and pestering of The Toyman?

WBI: Mr. Luhram we have a request from RTE.

BL: Who are they?

WBI: They're the Irish national Broadcaster

BL: What's the audience numbers? 5million? 10?

WBI: Ah....it's about 350,000....on a good day.

BL: Then it's a no.

WBI: Yeah but the host is a big fan of yours

BL: Oh God.....

WBI: And he's talked about Elvis non-stop since we showed it to him in Jan

BL: It's still a no

WBI: But if you add it all up he's probably preached about the movie more than anyone in the world at this stage and the free advertising he's given us must be over a million euros worth at this stage

BL: I don't care. No.

WBI: and he's promised to basically fellate you on air and tell you how kind the movie is, and how beautiful and gorgeous it is, and how intriguing the movie is and basically do a 20 minute ad for it - again

BL: ok, ok, ok, .....jesus.....he's not getting 20 minutes. I'll do 10.

WBI: ok great, we'll let him know.

BL: Anything else?

WBI: yeah, he's probably going to ask you have you any Irish in you, and will probably ask you did you watch The Toy Show

BL: Is this a joke? What's The Toy Show?

WBI: you don't want to know............we'll tell him not to ask.

BL: bye!

Plastic Sheeting describing at length the funeral at which a man was stabbed yesterday without of course mentioning the elephant in the room.

Guffawing already.

• Advertisement

Kate and Wills are in Belfast today....I wonder will Tubs make a trip up to see them?

Free "Emergency" glasses.

Tubs forgot his glasses today so there could be more errors than usual as he reads from the cue cards for the first time.

Fake accent alert.

15 minutes allotted by Luhrman, 5 more than I estimated.

• Advertisement

They danced around it describing the funeral in enormous detail without saying the "T" word.

Tubs says someone else is "riffin'". Intriguing.

"beautiful isn't it, so gorgeous. It's like the most beautiful episode of Star Trek you never saw"

This is Tubs describing the first Native American woman becoming an astronaut.

#WokeTubs weighing in on Iran now. The women of Iran will take comfort in THAT, hope they have nice arses to be ticked by The Toyman.

"a good family business" - I don't know is he describing the closing local coffee shop or RTE?

"I see Noel's name on the end of a text, and I get worried"

hmmm....

haha, Baz is sick of talking about Elvis, even if the host is not

This is not so much an interview so much as another opportunity to riff

• Don’t think Bryan is into opera

• The Toyman suggests men from Lucan could travel to Castlebar to join their musical club, and why not buy a house there like Pee Flynn.

• Advertisement
Advertisement