Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE Radio 1: The Ryan Tubridy Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

“all good in the hood”

#HipHopTubs

lol @ SportsTubs clearly reading pre-prepared reports about Shamrock Rovers and Shelbourne ladies (#woke).

Man who claimed to have zero free time for himself from last week until Christmas spent his weekend at the rugby and “doing the messages”.

Tubs failing to understand the concept of the quiet carriage on the train. You don’t play music on your EarPods in the carriage Bryan as that would annoy the other passengers.

Focking Nancy Pelosi mentioned again for no reason.

Tubs understanding of how redundancies work is up there with his sports knowledge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,211 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

So Musk = bad egg for laying off staff.

But Collison brothers still good eggs?

Elon Musk - bad

“Stripe bros” - good because they’re Irish of course

• Advertisement

Ryan Subsidy is a good parody account.

• Bryan has the wrong take on Blue Tick, he does t understand that the old verification process is apparently yet been scuppered by Musk, and instead a subscription “blue tick” is being rolled out, so any Joe Soap can subscribe, it’s not a verification process. The only thing it verifies is that you have paid for a premium Twitter experience.

He hinted at it, then moved away quickly to talk about other people than himself.

Connemara mention again. He has such a limiter range of topics.

Clifden, Roundstone etc. blah blah blah

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

• Advertisement

You can hear him shuffling the cue cards when listening on headphones anyway, not sure if it’s audible without them….

A delicious fire?

• He should try Mastodon, it’s kind, but he’d be a giant toothed fish in a tiny fishbowl the way it stands for the time being.

“Saffa’s”?????

Not very woke.

Paul Mescals new film....if it gets half of the free publicity that 'The Banshees of Inisherin' it'll do well.

Of course it'll be amazing, cos it has an Irish actor in it.

• Advertisement

More freebies for Bryan!!!! free glasses!

It’s the best Irish movie ever since last week’s best Irish movie ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭DaTown

Will Tubbs be making an appearance on msnbc's midterm election coverage?

Is this story going to turn to misery?

... and here it is.

Tubs is a ghoul.

Light entertainment!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭leath_dub

Obligatory death story - FFS!

21 Yr old death story at that.

Why would such an old story get airtime now? Tubs surely could find plenty of misery stories that are current.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

MISERY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭avfc1874

Can rte get any more morbid 🤔

Duffy finish's Friday with misery,

Tubs starts the week with misery

What's the saying,,,, it's not to make you feel bad, its to make me feel good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭leath_dub

Does Ryan know what a human shield is?

Can you imagine getting the phone call off Tubs staff,

Hi Congratulations on winning your medal would you like to come on the show and talk to Tubs?

Yea sure, You'll want to talk about all the training and hard work and sacrifice I've made? And how much the medal means to me?

Er no,. do you remember when you were in the crash that killed your whole family and you've blamed yourself ever since,.

Well we'd like you to come on and talk in minute detail about how your family is all gone because of you, if you have all the details about the crash that would be great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

That was pretty fupping weird. I dont know who was exploited more here Orla Hopkins. Or someone she guy breifly dated 21 years ago.

It's disgusting come on the show tell a sob story and we will let you premote your business.

Why not just have her on to talk about her business.

Ghoul.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭hawley

RTE star Ryan Tubridy branded Twitter’s handling of its controversial mass jobs cull as “chaotic” and said its billionaire owner is an “odd creature”. The world’s richest man Elon Musk (51), who bought Twitter last month for €34bn, announced by email four days ago his aim to sack half of the global 7,000 workforce. Twitter has told its 500 Dublin staff that it will comply with labour laws by consulting workers before redundancies begin in 30 days’ time. Tubs (50) said: “Musk sounds like someone who should not be underestimated, even if he is an odd creature.

“I hope all [workers] are well, especially our friends in Twitter in Dublin who may have lost work on Friday after those emails were sent out. “There seems to be a grey area in terms of how you can just send an email to an employee in Ireland and say, ‘You’re gone tomorrow’.

“Is there no labour law that needs to cover that? Let’s hope there is some class of recourse to employment justice for the workers in Twitter.”

Some Twitter staff tweeted to reveal that they have already been asked back – and Late Late Show host Ryan wants them to be paid more. He repeated claims on Twitter and said: “There was a terrible mistake. People were let go before management realised that their work and experience may be necessary to build the new features that Musk wants. He added: “Hopefully they will pay them more. It’s all a bit chaotic, isn’t it?

Everyone should be paid more. What an incredibly brave statement to make. Then he decides to continue with the pile on on Musk, saying he's "an odd creature". Must have forgot to be kind. If anyone is up to date on how to manipulate employment laws it's Ryan. Has spent the last twenty five years working in RTE, but is still a contractor. He never reveals any part of his true self on air. He constantly plays to the gallery. He obviously thinks that his listeners are stupid. Everything is a game with him, continuous public relations.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

I understand the employee's are on full pay for the month without having to report for work, It's business and businesses have to make a profit, I can't see what the child's problem is, and Btw imv this is only the start of it as regards the tech industry here and globally, a lot of whistling past the graveyard going on by the "media" here.... I suppose after the fact they will tell us they could see it coming all along, but the day will come when the money tree will be bare, then they'll say "here Mary Lou it's your baby now" and round and round it'll go

Sad thing is a lot of listeners do swallow his b.s, and think he's full of goodness,

remember when he cried on the radio that wasn't contrived at all ,🤔

Is it his fault that a photographer just happens to turn up at these secret 🤭🤭 deeds ,

maybe he is a good egg , and not some patronising (I'm just like you guys)🤔 knob

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Didnt Tubridy snigger at Twitters woes last week when the story broke??....i wasnt listening, just thought Buttersuki said something like that....

Now we have the crocodile tears this week for the employees....

Tubridy is an absolute fraud.....there is not an ounce of sincerity in him.....he is the true "odd creature"...how creepy is the whole toyman persona that he indulges in 365 days of the year???

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

One would imagine with Elon Musks "difference" ie Asbergers syndrome and how he has lived with this condition , the likes of Tubbs would be holding him up as a hero given his enormous success in the business world but there seems to be no empathy there from the manchild... Elon Musk bad bad man look at me Toyman good good egg

Musk is being labelled an advocate for fascism, so it's easy for Tubs to pile in on him. He's an easy target for Tubs in that nobody in the media will come after him for making these comments. The idea in that the wealthiest man in the world is chaotic in how he has taken over Twitter is laughable. He's playing to the gallery as usual.

No chance he'd support the Debenham workers?

Instead, let's hear the faux outrage about a bunch of 25-30 year olds on an average salary of 75K (base) who work mostly from home, do very little but stand by and tut-tut on an abusive, misogynistic, racist platform, and don't even pay for their own food.

https://www.glassdoor.ie/Salary/Twitter-Dublin-Salaries-EI_IE100569.0,7_IL.8,14_IM1052.htm

Just until the Facebook brigade realise they're next with a chop this week and the move to Ballsbridge will will be rather lonely...

Joe Duffy is having none of the woke tweeps whingeing!

Tubs tax situation is one of his good traits

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭mistersifter

The DLB is way #kinder than that big bully Elon, though. He hasn't even sacked one person at Tuttle productions!

Fergal began to audibly choke up on air when Ryan asked what the 'bills look like when they come in the door', with the journalist saying 'it starts with nightmares and flashbacks'.

Noticing that Fergal was struggling with the topic of their conversation, Ryan reassured him that many people find it difficult to reflect on their trauma.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭elperello

The Fergal Keane interview was a tough listen.

He's been through the mill.

Incoming:

"Expert" (DLB) on all things US politics will be hailing the Democrats outperforming expectations....lots of trump bashing etc....

No one listening to Ryan fraudidy this morning?

I dont blame ye...."Intriguing"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mattser

I listened to that interview re Belsen and thought it was excellent.

• I was getting a sore foot xrayed, far better experience than listening to Turgidity, worth the pain.

• Advertisement
Advertisement