Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE Radio 1: The Ryan Tubridy Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭archfi

RT waxing on about his love of election results programs. Which I share with him.

Odd thing I've noticed though - he was just talking of them and only ever mentions US and UK election night programming.

Never as far as I know, does he mention Irish elections (election programming, not his awful partisan takes) which are definitely worth an interest to an Irish audience as RTE do them *very* well. That's the Irish semi-state body he gets 400+k from every year.

Which as he might say himself is bonkers, odd, deliciously weird etc

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Late in this morning but the first thing I hear is Tubs talking about “good-do’ers” which he eventually managed to translate into “do-gooders”.

Tubs in uber #woke mode this morning.

Tubs congratulating himself on his interview with a concentration camp survivor yesterday.

“Kate - who is 8 - is great.”

He’s underpaid to be fair, coming out with quality lines and rhymes like that.

Obligatory Toy Show mention.

Tubs is “intrigued” by a banana bread recipe. Seriously.

Tubs hasn’t the foggiest idea who Paul Hollywood is talking about - even though that person is an American. Bonkers.

Won’t touch the subject as ultimately they’re his paymasters but you can expect lots of commentary from Tubs and Duffy when SF inevitably win the next election.

Tubs is on fire this morning - he just said “dough” (meaning currency) to Paul Hollywood…..where else would you get this lyrical dexterity and wordplay - and this after “Kate - who is 8 - is great”. Watch out Eminem, the ToyMan is coming for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

Paul Hollywood is KIND.

The kind of lad who left his wife and ran off with a barmaid.

Amazed Ichabod didn't mention THAT.

Tubs is hardly going to talk about leaving your wife and kids given his past.

Ffs that’s not boxty Tubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭StevenToast

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭archfi

Ah yeah, I was more talking about the election night coverage RTE put on - he's full of praise for the BBC for UK elections and CNN🤡 etc for the US but not a word for RTE in Ireland!

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Expunge

Nightmare for Radio Wan in the latest JNLR. All their shoite daytime shows are down!!!! But the "fees" will still be paid.

JNLR figures: RTÉ Radio 1 shows shed listeners by the thousands as station chief blames post-pandemic return to work - Independent.ie

Paid? They’ll be increased…..there’s a cost of living crisis at the moment don’t you know? You try surviving on €500,000 a year and see how you like it.

SACK TUBRIDY......NOW!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

As expected, rte website frames the new figures from a completely different angle:

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2022/1110/1335307-rtes-morning-ireland-most-listened-to-radio-show/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Just looking at those JLNR figures.

Morning Ireland has 451,000 daily.

Tubs has 344,000 daily.

So that means up to 107,000 people actively make the decision to turn off/over after MI and before Tubs starts.

Says a lot about his appeal.

Ive said it before....hes handed huge numbers on a plate and he still crashes.....

A monkey pushing a few buttons would pull in similar numbers...dreadful...

New email address is ryan@rte.i

intriguing.

Invitation to gin factory and bread shop - freebies fo sho.

• Advertisement

More promotion for the delicious Allen family and their intriguing mischief so to speak, but all hail Ballymaloe!

Tubs can’t get his head around the fact that a normal working week is 40, and not 6 hours.

Tubs faking astonishment at €80.000. He takes that home every 2 months basically.

Text from listener who is dancing along to the music. Next up, text from 6’4” tattooed rugby playing truck driver saying he had to pull in to the side of the road to cry when Tubs inevitably gets to the misery section.

I heard him mention such a person this last couple of weeks did I not?

Said they had pulled into a service station but had to wait for their tears to dry before getting out of car?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭avfc1874

I'm not sure Mr fireman realises he's on for tubs fix of misery,

Play along Mr fireman and give Tubs a gory story

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭leath_dub

The Fibre-Gade is Joe Duffy's territory!

Joe definitely won't lke this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Expunge

Also, it's important to note that the news at 9am is included in the Tubridy Show JNLR number. I think people hold on for that before switching to something else. I'd love to see the difference in listeners between the first and second quarter hours of the programme.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭hawley

In a deal that was brokered by Starcom & Core Sponsorship, the twelve-month partnership consists of 3 x 10-second sponsor-credited stings per show, sponsor-credited promos in Morning Ireland, Liveline, Drivetime, Today and Brendan O’ Connor, as well as podcast and homepage sponsorship.

According to Colin Whaley, sales & marketing, Center Parcs: “We are proud to be partnering with The Ryan Tubridy Show on RTÉ Radio 1. Ryan is a household name for families, and this is a perfect fit with Center Parcs, with our focus on creating amazing memories for Irish families. We look forward to bringing a little bit of Center Parcs into people’s homes, workplaces, and commute!”

Tara Farrell, radio & audio sponsorship manager, RTÉ Media Sales adds: “RTÉ Media Sales is delighted to welcome Center Parcs to RTÉ Radio 1 as the new sponsor of The Ryan Tubridy Show. Now the second most listened to radio show in the country, we are confident Ryan’s 369,000* listenership will provide the perfect platform for Center Parcs to communicate directly with new and existing customers.”

“Center Parcs is a brand that brings families together while Ryan Tubridy is part of the family each morning in thousands of homes across the country. This sponsorship aligns key brand values from Center Parcs with the powerful connections that Ryan Tubridy develops with his listeners across his morning show. This sponsorship highlights that strong partnerships are built on shared values,” adds Karen Doyle, sponsorship director, Core Sponsorship.

Using his Toyman persona to sell advertising on his radio show. All about the Benjamins.

Post edited by hawley on

• Ryan will have had a stay or two in an Executive Lodge there, with own sauna, hot tub, steam room, barbecue, garden, 4 en suite rooms with spa baths/showers, games room, etc etc etc.

There's 2 regular (imaginary) texters (i.e. "texts" "sent" 🙄 from the producers or maybe a talent agency or God knows one of the superfanbots on here) and they can be surmised as follows:

1. Upbeat "I'm dancing around the table" text complimenting the host on his choice of music - even though he's stated he doesn't pick the music for the show as that would presumably be too much work
    2. Sad face emoji "I had to pull in off the motorway to cry" text after Tubs reads out a sad story, the daily misery section, or after an interview in which Tubs managed to get tears from the interviewee. This text is usually finished off with "and I'm a 6'4" tattooed rugby playing hard man who never cries" or words to that effect

Both are as real as the following statement "Joe Duffy is an incredibly hardworking man". What's as shocking as their regularity is the complete lack of imagination that goes into them, the "texts" change so little it's just pure laziness. Put a little effort into them will you?

Evoke.ie needs to be read out in a silly accent.

More Musk slagging. Appears he is now his new target of ridicule.

Overemphasized THATs are back.

Beatles 🙄

• Advertisement

Can’t take this crap today, I’m out.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭DaTown

13 hours in the queue vs 10 million from Qatar

Beckham is getting over £100 million from Qatar, not £10 mill.

This giveaway is handy.

Easy 10min filler at the end of the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

My gawd-his listeners have all the intellectual calibre of Winnie the Pooh.

Duffy and D'Arcy, along with DriveTime and Morning Ireland, will have covered it all by the time it gets to 9:05am tomorrow.

But I'm sure he'll do his best.

And he has the biggest advantage of having a TV show that he can do a 'special' on.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,653 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

A load of reports of inappropriate commentary. I am closing this thread until a local mod can get to it, or if there are none around I'll have a look through myself

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,653 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

A load of posts actioned and deleted

Do some of you guys really think it is OK to make fun out of Vicky Phelan's death? Grow up the lot of you

I'm re-opening this thread. Any more such commentary will be met with pointed sanctions and threadbans, as will abuse of the presenter

ButtersSuki threadbanned

• Advertisement

I’m not a regular listener to the show, but caught it this morning in the car. Tubs is the presenter of the 9am slot on the country’s most popular radio station, and it would be remiss of him not to mention the life of the pioneering Vicky Phelan; a woman he had interviewed multiple times. I felt his piece was genuine and heartfelt, and entirely the sort of thing you’d expect of him.

Advertisement