Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE Radio 1: The Ryan Tubridy Show

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,653 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I don't have time to look at it now, but I will do probably in the morning

Thread closed. and any subsequent threadbans will not be lifted

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,653 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Seriously? Dragging up stuff from years ago (in at least one case over a decade) just to slag the presenter?

mistersifter threadbanned

Now stick to discussing the show. It is not a thread to simply criticise for the sake of it

And if you have an issue with a post or poster report it and leave the modding to the mods

Zero tolerance going forward - if you are unsure do not post

Any questions PM me. Do not respond to this post in thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭StevenToast

I am going to thread carefully here....Gerry Ryan was never a "National Treasure".....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

The thread is about the show. If people wish to drag things up from the past do not complain when you get threadbanned

• Talking about the show

• It’s a wonder Oliver isn’t banned from keeping the host’s seat warm where humour isn’t always appreciated. I do like when Oliver is hosting, it becomes the inoffensive show it was intended to be.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• There is a concept in computer science/mathematics called proof by contradiction. You can Google that and apply the same principles in posting that conforms with what is permitted. Eg, it could be argued that the host is positively full of good varied vocabulary due to his being a voracious reader. There is no need for any contrary opinion offered.

On the Ryan Tubridy Show sometimes he discusses information technology, which is very informative to listeners. He had a guest on explaining non fungible tokens and crypto currency. I would be interested if he would interview an expert about the portable private Tails operating system which denies any authorities access your private details so you can log on to sites anonymously. I like when he covers tech issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

Jesus, the Barbie comment was a bit mean spirited.

The contestant sounded a bit thrown by it. "THAT" won't be making the podcast.

• That lorry driver wasn’t exactly enamoured at winning an €850 Lego set. Ryan having to ask him several times if he’s happy, he just answers “yep”.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,186 ✭✭✭littlevillage

The Toyman was fairly struggling to elicit any enthusiasm from prize winner Shane, there 🤭

Obviously, he didn't fancy a feckin Lego set.

Did he ask him 4 or 5 times, if he was happy with his prize ??

With the Toy Show coming on, I assume Oliver Callan will be sitting in for Tubridy some of this week and next week as Tubridy will need more rest on top of the 4 months holidays he gets off every year......

Does that mean that Tubridy views Oliver Callan as a Filipino slave as he is "keeping his seat warm for him"?

Intriguing......

Most of the contests struggle with the questions. I do wonder where they find them sometimes.

That said I would be to keen on going radio and having homophobic taunts thrown at me.

• As few of the contestants on these “quizzes” seem in any way well informed, I’m wondering do they have a “screening quiz” of the most basic questions to make sure they are the “right fit” for Ryan to have need to help them answer simple questions.

The answer to one of the questions the lorry driver got right was Barbie. Ryan told me that of course he would get that right he had loads of them hidden in his closet.

I am a few years younger than Ryan but it's the sort of things bullies used to say to some kids. The implication being that they played with girls toys so ipso facto they must be gay.

It was an odd thing to say to someone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Shane just about stopped short of saying.... "Shove your Lego set up your h©le, Ichabod"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,608 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Stick it on EBay, Christmas drinks sorted 🙂

following discussion with user, mistersifter threadban lifted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭leath_dub

Obligatory Toy show mention - "Only 3 sleeps to go!!!"

I note that Smyths toys seem to be back on board this year. Perhaps they might show ssome actual flippin' toys this year!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Attacking with flames...of kindness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭avfc1874

Ah, some young meanies said bad words to Tubs,(probably told him the toy show wasn't jolly spiffing) and made him sad,

But he still thinks all young people are good eggs 🤔

Ryan wants us all to be sad when he is sad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I caught a tiny section of the show this earlier. In it, Tubs said for some this is their first Toy Show without a son, daughter, mother etc. If I lost someone close to me this year thinking it's my first Toy Show without them would be the last thing on my mind. Not everything revolves around the Toy Show.

He also mentioned he'll be off for most of next week of course recovering from his Toy Show exertions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

All that jolly japes would tire out the best of men!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Last time a young meanie called Tubs the F word (the not woke F word) they recorded it and posted it on Tik Tok. By the time Tubs told the story on air the young meanie had magically transformed into a 20 something muscle bound man who was "menacing". The Tik Tok story told a rather different version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭furiousox

Ryan Tubridy radio show 12 month calendar 2022/2023/2024/2025

It's the Toy show!!

Toy Show reflections

I miss the madness of the Toy Show

What were your favourite bits of the Toy show?

Send us your favourite memories of the Toy Show from years gone by

I still miss the madness of the Toy show

Soon be time to start planning the next Toy show!

Toy show rehearsals have started!

It's the Toy show!!

CPL 593H

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,456 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

crazy, don't listen to turbidy normally. but was late this morning . toy show rubbish jumper, toy show, toy show.

he even said he was taking a few days off next week as the toy show is tiring. I'm on 18 days without a break. taken holiday on Friday to get a break this weekend (everyone's deadline is christmas like I care !)

he's even on the front cover of the Sunday Times culture section as santas emissary ffs.

crazy stuff

AHH come on now being the toyman (self emposed name)🤔, must be tiring, he's a national treasure,who should be lorded over and the top hat dofted to, with a jolly good show toyman, have some more time off to watch some jolly good black and white movies , Infront of a delicious fire,, my life revolves around the brilliant, fantastic, spiffing toyshow as everyone's should,

I may have used a small bit of sarcasm 🤔

Anyone who sees the video of the 6ft3 muscle bound 15year old scoundrels who were mean to Mr good egg, post it up

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭LennieB

He's really in his own little "Toy Show" bubble. A lot of people who listen to the radio show have no interest in the Toy show. At least we won't have to hear him going on about it next week - taking a week off to recover, would Monday not be enough 🙄 Lots of people managing to do shows, musicals, pantos over a number of weeks at the moment and work at other jobs as well!

• Advertisement

• He should have invited them onto the Toy Show. “My dear boys, would you like to make the Toy Man happy by coming onto the Toy Show and expressing your talents”.

He's totally shocked, that, everyone doesn't see him with a goodness glow around him, like the old ready brek ad

And seems totally shocked that everyone doesn't fawn over him,

According to Tubs all young people are totally brilliant, apart from the ones that said mean things to him, so 2 bad eggs,

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

Those dastardly ruffians....bad eggs...bad apples....

Tubridy is a "fan of young people"!!

Have you ever heard such absolute drivel?!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

I can almost hear him say: young people of Ireland, I love you.

• The Toyman admits the Toy Show hasn’t quite been Christmassy enough

• Ukrainians like a proper Christmas theme, they wouldn’t be impressed by previous Toy Shows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭spakman

Incoherent ramblings that remind me of Trump!

In fairness, Ryan's a good egg and Trump's a bad apple, so that's where the similarities end.

• Edit - don’t believe all you see on the interweb 🃏🃏🃏

I am very confused by all everything in this image.

Is this a real twitter account?

And if so, I have questions.

How does the account already have 241K followers? How is the account already following 1500 accounts? What nonsense is this about unkind comments resulting in the commenters account being suspended or taken down? Unless someone is bad mouthing Musk or one of Musks business that isn't going to happen. It's like some sort of thinly veiled threat with nothing behind it.

This cannot be real.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

• You are right, it’s fake, just altered the HTML but omitted to alter number of followers to a more realistic 50 or so 😂

• Advertisement

Got a lot of insta messages to tell me how great I am.

Ronald McFilth House

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,392 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Ah 'kindness' folks, just let's have kindness towards me and humanity. Let's even think kindly of those poor Russians.

Self named toyman, visited a des school yesterday, and the kids stood open mouthed in his presence (he really said that)

, to see such a modest guest, telling them I can't stay long as I'm so busy so be grateful I'm here,

The school was bursting with goodness and kindness, so the two jolly rotters who called him unkind names mustn't go to that school

• I nodded often listening to the radio and had a nightmare that Ryan was right up close talking only to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭One Who Waits...

Occasionally hear a couple of minutes of Tubridy. Can't stand him - he's 100% fake. Yes, yes, I know only kind comments are welcome here.

I had to stare at the radio this morning:

Answer: Ferrari

Clue from Tubs: It's a car most of us couldn't afford. Seriously? From the guy who could pay for one with cash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

A delicious description! I'm sitting here at the kitchen table crying 🥺

Sorry cawler you got your emails to rte mixed up , you dance around the kitchen table, and you cry in your car/ truck, and have to pull over to the side of the road, especially if you are a 6ft trucker

He spoke a lot today about his visit to a kids hospital and getting a hug...of course it had to be videod to be posted on the news websites.

Never does anything quietly.

https://m.independent.ie/news/late-late-toy-show-fan-surprised-by-ryan-tubridy-and-picture-this-in-hospital-42168173.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭One Who Waits...

Would a 16 year old really give a shyte about meeting Tubridy? Wouldn't have thought so.

Hardly a day goes by that there's not some story featuring a 'star' from RTE, especially Messrs Tubridy & Duffy. Somebody, somewhere is working really hard to try and convince us of their worth.

Advertisement