Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Radio 1: The Ryan Tubridy Show

Comments

In a land where snowflakes dance, where Christmas cheer is in every glance,

There lurks a villain, wicked and sly, known as the Toyman, born to terrify.

With a heart as dark as the winter night, he weaves his web of fear and fright,

For in his workshop, evil does dwell, where joy turns sour, and dreams dispel.

Beneath a cloak of tattered black, he crafts his toys with a devilish knack,

Each creation holds a sinister spell, enchanting nightmares, as his victims fell.

His eyes gleam with a haunting glow, as he watches children down below,

For in their dreams, they bring him power, his malevolent plan to devour.

The Toyman's laughter echoes wide, as he spreads his malice far and wide,

He wraps his toys in deceitful guise, a sinister game behind innocent eyes.

Puppet soldiers with hearts of ice, mechanical dolls that wield a vice,

Children's dreams, once filled with glee, are tainted now by dread's decree.

In the darkest corners, he does reside, the Toyman's presence none can hide,

Parents tremble, their hearts grow cold, as whispers of his deeds unfold.

He preys upon the innocent souls, their laughter silenced, as fear takes its toll,

No gift can quell their growing fright, as the Toyman's reign consumes the night.

So let us face this villainous plight, armed with love and shining bright,

The Toyman's grip shall weaken and wane, as joy and hope return again.

In the spirit of Christmas, let us remember true, that love conquers fear in all we do,

And though the Toyman may seek to destroy, the power of unity we shall employ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭droidman123

Please leave the sad passing of christy dignam out of your freakish vendetta of turbidy.you people used vicky phealan as a stick to beat turbidy with,please leave christys name out of this sick circus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,870 ✭✭✭leath_dub

Pat Kenny and Stuart Clarke just handled the death of Christy in a respectful, dignified and appropriate manner. Tubs did it as only Tubs can

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,349 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

I was only half listening to it earlier, did he say something (after about 15 - 20 minutes of talking about his death) that now wasn't an appropriate time for this discussion?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,897 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I'm suspecting less prep than usual this morning

'Man paid close to €500k out of public money to talk drivel about Bambi and Watership Down'. You really couldn't make this stuff up when it comes to RTÉ.

• I heard sone drivel getting out of the car after the show started about young people in the office versus “old people”, “let us not drive divide”… and then goes onto do just that.

To the children he’s the (now ex) Toyman, to the “young people” he’s an understanding hero on their level, and to the rest of us he is a shining example of how to be around everybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Kildare1976

Zero

"I don't know what I'm talking, im just reading this" he says during his monologue.

Then onto very, very weird chat about death and in his words "darkness" in kids cartoons. He was really indulging his gra for utter missery. What was that even about?

Swipes then at people who are working from home. He really has no clue what the average worker does. He is so incredibly out of touch.

Now taking about the death of a ground hog.... What is wrong with him.

Yesterday, fake spit swallowimg of his grief for Christy and now chuckling away about the death of animals. He's so odd.

• Advertisement

This is something that's really irritating about him. He seems to genuinely believe that he's some sort of empath but without thinking he'll come out with some completely inappropriate reaction to a serious event e.g. the time he was getting amusement out of the report of a man being eaten alive by a crocodile, he even read out a 'joke' about by an equally tone deaf individual.

You are quite right.

For me it was very clear that he lacked any class of empathy or integrity when he likened women breastfeeding their babies to someone urinating in public and berated them for doing so.

It's a thin mask he wears.

If anyone wants to hear a highly paid guy absolutely wing it for 23min, talking nonsense, with no coherent ideas, I would urge you to listen back to that riffing this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

As someone who did hear it I would urge those who didn't hear it to take our word for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hawley

Ryan Tubridy has called out 'tight-fisted' people after former US President Donald Trump didn't pay for people's meals in a Miami restaurant despite saying he would.

Pity that Trump doesn't have a radio show where he could have mentioned the restaurant, instead of paying.

Oh, the irony.

From a man who got a list of freebies sent to him on a near daily basis.

Someone here used to keep a list of the freebies our Ryan got, and it stretched for pages.

For me this just keeps going back to the fact that RTÉ are paying various people very high salaries to talk about this sort of irrelevant rubbish just because it's of interest to them. This sort of carry on by Trump has absolutely no relevance to this country yet Tubridy is talking about it any chance he gets.

Same with Claire Byrne's apparent general interest with US society, there was a full piece on fentanyl abuse in the US the other day - I may have missed something but there was no attempt to link this to Ireland. I do feel sorry for people addicted to it but I can't see how this justifies 10 or 15 minutes discussion on national radio, nor did I get any sense from her why it should. It just appeared to be something she found interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

Her biggest fascination remains covid and other doomsday viruses-she was still droning about C19 just the other day in her usual hushed monotone as I quickly skipped past.

That's her fetish, his is orange man bad, or alternatively, anything to do with himself. A middle aged version of My News on national radio of a morning.

They call it 'content'.

I would call it filler, in the case of Claire Byrnes show.

With Tubs, it's just waffle.

I had major surgery a while back and was on oxy , I had a full week in hospital and luuuuuuv drugs so on day 2 they gave me Panadol and I was like “where’s me oxy “ and the nurse gave me the best answer… “why?”

and she was right 100%, that’s why we’re fine and Americans are dying

• Advertisement

I listened to 15 minutes of last Thursdays show due to the comments here , , 13 mins of absolute waffle on Bambi 😂😂

followed by the pointless playing of Indiana jones theme

Great preparation as usual today, he had to check what today's date is. Not the first time he's had to do that either. If only there was some way of finding this information out before he goes on air.

He probably lands in the rte building at 08:55, time for a quick pee, then off to the studio to get the headphones on, grab a pile of cards with his waffle written on them by 'the team' who have been in since 7am reading the Internet for content.

It's so obvious, so often, that he is seeing these cards for the 1st time, as he stumbles over the words.

Don't forget the time he couldn't understand what he was reading so just gave up and moved onto the next thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,870 ✭✭✭leath_dub

Gerry Ryan was the same. He'd be doing his paper review, which the team had obviously bookmarked for him with pot-its or whatever, "Page seven if the Mirror, what's this then? ....... oh yes blah blah blah

Just copying his idol then.

He's in Galway since yesterday, lurching his way around on free ice creams and pints.

Tourism Ireland dropped him from the annual Wild Atlantic Way week of freebies.... Someone has sto pay to amuse him so cough up tax payers.

Why is he there? It's all about him as per usual.

Never does a show from any county on the east coast or Midlands, just all about what tickles his fancy, more of the same boring stories of his time in Galway as a kid.

He's out canvasing for votes in the next presidential campaign and RTE are blindly funding it.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭amlinopta

A pot of tea, a bookshop, fresh sandwiches, some toy show chaos and the inevitable ice cream. What a day

It's almost like he's paid to do nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

Advertisement