Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 19 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭madds

I've got exactly 9.1 to get Jesus in for Richarlison. He got 20 mins last night and you would think/hope that he'll get at least 90 mins over the 2 games. Anyone think it's a silly move? Here's my current lineup:

Martinez
    Stones Zouma Justin
    Salah Bruno Grealish Son
    Kane Bamford Richarlison

Bench: Steer, Anguissa, Kilman, Dunne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,291 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

munster87 wrote: »
    There was extra chance of him getting a rest as his wife gave birth a few days beforehand
    Fitz* wrote: »
    I think that was more a rest than anything.

He played 90 mins on December 27th and the Southampton game was December 29th.

He has played 90 mins in the 13 other league games since joining, bar coming off on 85 in one.

Thanks both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,507 ✭✭✭✭CSF

madds wrote: »
    I've got exactly 9.1 to get Jesus in for Richarlison. He got 20 mins last night and you would think/hope that he'll get at least 90 mins over the 2 games. Anyone think it's a silly move? Here's my current lineup:

Martinez
    Stones Zouma Justin
    Salah Bruno Grealish Son
    Kane Bamford Richarlison

I just think it is quite a short term move. How long do you think Jesus will be reliable for? I know Aguero hasn't figured through most of this season, but Jesus hasn't figured for large parts either and would you absolutely trust that both Jesus remaining available and Aguero remaining unavailable are going to be the case?

Because if even one of those ends up not being the case, then it makes your transfer move a problem.

Any thoughts on the following options?

A. Grealish & Coufal (no hit)

B. Grealish & Dann > Foden & Cancelo (-4)

Martinez
    Stones Zouma Justin
    Salah Bruno Grealish Son
    Kane Bamford Richarlison

I'd be wary of Jesus tbh. He was brutal when he came on last night, played on the left so he was more defensive and constantly gave the ball away.

Anyway of downgrading Richarlison and investing in City midfield (Foden, Gundogan?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Martinez
    Stones Zouma Justin
    Salah Bruno Grealish Son
    Kane Bamford Richarlison

Your bench is non existent, forget about Jesus - would you downgrade Ricky and get in Cancelo - very attack minded and won't be a problem in a few weeks like Jesus may become.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Any thoughts on the following options?

A. Grealish & Coufal (no hit)

B. Grealish & Dann > Foden & Cancelo (-4)

I'd say good odds that Foden doesn't start both games so no idea why anyone would bring him in on a -4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭richieffff

Have no city players and can't see a way of getting KDB in.

Would you do the trio of KWP, Zouma, Adams (for - 8)

To
    A. Stones, AWB, Antonio/Watkins
    B. Cancelo, Shaw, Watkins

I'd have the incentive to play the bench boost then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭madds

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Your bench is non existent, forget about Jesus - would you downgrade Ricky and get in Cancelo - very attack minded and won't be a problem in a few weeks like Jesus may become.

Thanks for the feedback all. Hear what you're saying about Jesus so brought Cancelo in for Justin and now have enough to bring Cavani in for Richarlison if Martial's injury means he's a risk for the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Thanks for the feedback all. Hear what you're saying about Jesus so brought Cancelo in for Justin and now have enough to bring Cavani in for Richarlison if Martial's injury means he's a risk for the weekend.

Probably would have kept Justin, your bench is still non existent getting rid of him:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Think I’m gonna go with Foden. He worked well for me last night & Raphina is still unknown.

Bamford I’m happy with, Watkins too (although he has been a cluster**** lately) but Adams I think I want gone now longer term.

Will give it another week before replacing him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

For those thinking Foden, last night was only the 3rd time he’s started in the last 12 league games. I’d be very wary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I sold Zaha and bought Foden as I wanted 3 City for the DGW (Cancelo, KdB as well). Foden repaid me last night already with 11 points so was happy with that as owning Zaha was annoying me. Foden is on red hot form at the moment so Im just hoping Pep doesnt rest him for either fixture in the double gameweek. Its a risk but Im 70 points behind in a private league so kind of have to take it to try to catch up.

I saw Digne returned from injury last night and immediately got an assist, think it might be worth buying him and selling Zouma. I sold DCL a few weeks back as the goals dried up but before Dignes injury he was on the end of a good few Digne crosses. Must take a look at Evertons fixtures

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Thinking Kane + Wellbeck (urghh) > Vardy + Antonio for -4 and then bench boost with Sanchez, Target, Taylor, Antonio.

Need to leave it late for news on, well, everybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭munster87

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,811 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

So Southampton no longer have a double gameweek, and Ings is out.

Nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Benimar wrote: »
    For those thinking Foden, last night was only the 3rd time he’s started in the last 12 league games. I’d be very wary.

Even if he started one and got 30 in the other he could get a decent score

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

I might do Raphinha to Soucek to get the extra game. Fairly happy with rest of the team. 2 non DGW players in Son and Bamford who I’m keen to hang onto.

The other option is to do Son to Rashford for just 2 weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Looking like either Raphinha to Soucek or Bamford to Anto.

Also need to get rid of Charlie Taylor for someone who isn't Charlie Taylor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

I wonder how long Stones keeps his place? With Laporte coming back over next few weeks will pep change things up.

Was thinking of of City defender for Saiss Dias is nailed but stones is cheaper.

• Advertisement

I wonder how long Stones keeps his place? With Laporte coming back over next few weeks will pep change things up.

Was thinking of of City defender for Saiss Dias is nailed but stones is cheaper.
    Stones has been immense. Laporte wasn't out of the team because he was injured. He was out long before that. City have kept 6 clean sheets in the last 7 games Stones has played in the league (more if you include cup games I believe), only that garbage time consolation versus Chelsea to stop it from being a clean sweep of clean sheets since he got into the team.

They've kept 2 clean sheets in the 8 games that he didn't play this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

After this midweek fiasco, i had to replace DCL and with limited options at that price and only 0.1 ITB i opted for cavani which then left me at - 0.1 a quick change in dispensanle bench players and a - 4 point hit coming into this GW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

I'm on freehit Draft 1.

Martinez

Coufal-Cancelo-Justin

KDB-Salah-Rashford-Soucek-Mount

Wilson-Vardy

Bench: Johnstone-Decrodova-Reid- Lowton-Yedlin.

Any thoughts?

I'm on freehit Draft 1.

Martinez

Coufal-Cancelo-Justin

KDB-Salah-Rashford-Soucek-Mount

Wilson-Vardy

Any thoughts?
    I think at least one of the Liverpool defensive duo are needed this week. Robertson in particular is more valuable than the likes of Rashford and Vardy this week at a lower price.

Ricardo Pereira was declared fit today by the way, so eh that might be a Justin worry for even 1 of the games. Obviously after this long out, it is hard to know, but he has to return sometime. He was Leicester's best player after all pre-injury.

CSF wrote: »
    I think at least one of the Liverpool defensive duo are needed this week. Robertson in particular is more valuable than the likes of Rashford and Vardy this week at a lower price.

Ricardo Pereira was declared fit today by the way, so eh that might be a Justin worry for even 1 of the games. Obviously after this long out, it is hard to know, but he has to return sometime. He was Leicester's best player after all pre-injury.

Could do Rashford to Grealish, Mount to Foden and Justin to Roberston...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Looking like:
    Robertson to Dias
    KDB to Salah

to TC Salah

Could do Rashford to Grealish, Mount to Foden and Justin to Roberston...

Only danger with Grealish is a booking against city would put him out against Newcastle. I’d certainly hold him because I have him but wouldn’t be transferring him in if I had the option.

CSF wrote: »
    Only danger with Grealish is a booking against city would put him out against Newcastle. I’d certainly hold him because I have him but wouldn’t be transferring him in if I had the option.

Yup, I've switched him to El Ghazi and Foden to Pogba

Now:

Martinez

Coufal-Cancelo-Robertson

KDB-Salah-Pogba-Soucek-El Ghazi

Wilson-Vardy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Trying to decide if two games for Wilson would be better than one game for Bamford. Probably not...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Really tempted to go
    KWP > Stones
    Grealish > KDB
    Kane > Antonio

Would leave me with 13 DGW players and bench boost in play. It is for a -8 but Stones a long term pick at that price point

Advertisement