Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 19 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

CSF wrote: »
    Would people start Dier or Holding this week? Can’t even separate them on the clean sheet bookies odds.

I'd probably go with Holding. Blades should be fired up after getting their first win plus Bruce will probably start 9 or 10 defensive players against Arsenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

CSF wrote:
    Would people start Dier or Holding this week? Can’t even separate them on the clean sheet bookies odds.

Holding I'd say as he's at home and Newcastle are rubbish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,419 ✭✭✭Shedite27

One change for me this week

Castagne out, Stones in.

Both DGW players, now doubling up on City at the back, they look very solid and more importantly settled. Next 5 are all struggling to score goals: CRY (H) AVL (H) WBA (A) SHU (H) BUR (A)

Did Wilson and Holding to Antonio and Coufal. All in on West Ham. Was surprised to see that Coufal's stats have been better than Cresswell's since Cresswell moved back to lb. Hoping that will translate into some attacking points this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

The stuff people take points hits for blow my mind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

keane2097 wrote: »

If it is for a double over a single that you want for past GW19 then I think it's worth it.

Many will be trying to figure out how to lose Antonio after this gameweek though.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭heartofwhite

Bit of advice lads!

If you had to choose, which one would you go for? Both will include a - 4 hit. Bear in mind I currently have Son at a purchase price of 8.9 and he is now 9.8...

Martinez

Dias Stones Dallas

Salah Son Soucek Fernandes

Vardy Bamford Kane

OR

Martinez

Dias Zouma Dallas

Salah De Bruyne Soucek Fernandes

Antonio Bamford Kane

Any insight appreciated!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭hawaii501

keane2097 wrote: »

Yeah I agree with this, I can't get my head around people taking hits every other week as surely the player you're bringing will have to have a big haul to justify the hit in the first place. Then they are probably transferred within weeks anyway...

I've taken one -4 to get Bruno in as I couldn't wait the extra week with the price rises as I wouldn't have been able to afford him then. Was sickened as he blanked in that GW12 and then again the next GW13 but has repaid since thankfully.

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Many will be trying to figure out how to fit Antonio into their teams after this gameweek though.

FYP ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Bit of advice lads!

If you had to choose, which one would you go for? Both will include a - 4 hit. Bear in mind I currently have Son at a purchase price of 8.9 and he is now 9.8...

Martinez

Dias Stones Dallas

Salah Son Soucek Fernandes

Vardy Bamford Kane

OR

Martinez

Dias Zouma Dallas

Salah De Bruyne Soucek Fernandes

Antonio Bamford Kane

Any insight appreciated!

So it’s basically Zouma, KDB and Antonio v Stones, Son and Vardy.

Stones and Vardy are better than Zouma and Antonio for me. City defence is excellent and Antonio is a fun punt but most likely a problem when he gets injured again.

KDB wins out on Son in the short term with the dgw and nicer fixtures but longer term I think Son is well capable of matching or beating him points wise so if you’re willing to bear the no Kdb for the double and few fixtures after I’d go with your first team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Son or Grealish for this GW? Need to sell one, was planning on Grealish out but now I think I might hold for the double. Reasons for selling - Covid cloud hangin over Villa and he’s on 4 yellows. Was keeping Son as Spurs cover. Thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Had 5.9 worth of Che Adams and another 0.2 got a striker. Just short of Antonio so welcome to the Commandos Ollie Watkins!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Lemlin wrote: »
    Had 5.9 worth of Che Adams and another 0.2 got a striker. Just short of Antonio so welcome to the Commandos Ollie Watkins!

Che Adams is worth 6.0m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Views on this wc team
    Martinez Henderson
    Stones target coufal kwp alioski
    KDB bruno Salah Barnes soucek
    Vardy Antonio Bamford

Playing 352

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Che Adams is worth 6.0m

Not if you bought him at 5.9m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

Thoughts on Dallas and Bissouma to Stones and a 4.3 (most likely Burke) for -4?

Feels wrong to take out Dallas who has been an absolute monster (along with basically sacrificing a player in Burke) but City are so solid at the moment..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭howareyakid

Thinking DCL to Antonio and Bruno to KDB for a -4.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

-4 taken!!

Forster & Riedewald to Fabianski & Soucek.

Those 2 plus Raphina & Adams on the bench.

BB ACTIVE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 726 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

Thinking DCL to Antonio and Bruno to KDB for a -4.

I’m debating the same. If city or Man Utd had any out and out striker option it would be much easier but Martial / Cavani not really appealing. I think I read somewhere Bruno only one yellow away from missing a game, and could very well get one against Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

Chesty08 wrote: »
    -4 taken!!

BB ACTIVE

Is Fabianski certain to play, Moyes said he is going to make a call closer to the start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I've taken a -8 and I now own Craig Dawson... along with KdB and Werner (again) while selling Kane, Son and Bednarek!

Sure I've got concerns... and I haven't even been drinking. But it's done now and I can finally sleep! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭shmeee

-4 taken!!

BB ACTIVE

Worry on Fab surely? We don't know much more and the game is tomorrow.

I've him but a playing sub goalie anyway worst case but I wouldn't be getting him in and part of a BB.

But of he plays, he's a great option and could deliver nicely.

I wish they either say if he's in or out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭howareyakid

JIdontknow wrote: »
    I’m debating the same. If city or Man Utd had any out and out striker option it would be much easier but Martial / Cavani not really appealing. I think I read somewhere Bruno only one yellow away from missing a game, and could very well get one against Liverpool.

Yeah I heard that he’s one yellow from suspension as well. Two class players but I think for this week, I’d rather have KDB so the Bruno switch seems reasonable. I’ve not been married to any of the heavy hitters this year and have swapped them in and out a bit, so no value tied up etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Went DCL and Adams to Vardy and Antonio for a -4.

Couldn't afford KDB without another -4 or dropping Son or Grealish which I didn't want to do. Having owned KDB already, he's too frustrating in this new City. If I knew Foden would start both games, I'd easily bring him in but it's Pep so he likely won't.

10 doublers and Son now though. If Taylor was fit (on my bench), I'd probably bench boost but don't think it's worth it with McVarthy, Raphinha, Mitchell and him on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

shmeee wrote: »
    Worry on Fab surely? We don't know much more and the game is tomorrow.

I've him but a playing sub goalie anyway worst case but I wouldn't be getting him in and part of a BB.

But of he plays, he's a great option and could deliver nicely.

I wish they either say if he's in or out!

It’s done now, fingers crossed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭shmeee

It’s done now, fingers crossed!

I've him down to start anyway. No word of him not playing is a good thing, I suppose.....

Now what to do with my team!

I am crazy and want to get Timo back in again.....

Neto/Kane to KDB/Decordova-Reid for -4. Have the dream MF of Bruno, Son, Salah, KDB now but strikers are poor. Still might go to -8 with Wood to Antonio

I've taken a -8 and I now own Craig Dawson... along with KdB and Werner (again) while selling Kane, Son and Bednarek!

Sure I've got concerns... and I haven't even been drinking. But it's done now and I can finally sleep!

Fair play, couldn't bring myself to sell Kane and Son in the one GW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Which Villa attacker other than Grealish is best option? Traore or el Ghazi? Are either worth getting for the DGW for Saka. Newcastle are crap so Saka could do OK but it's a DGW baby!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,507 ✭✭✭✭CSF

FHFC wrote: »
    Which Villa attacker other than Grealish is best option? Traore or el Ghazi? Are either worth getting for the DGW for Saka. Newcastle are crap so Saka could do OK but it's a DGW baby!!!

Not sure either are in our team once Barkley and Trez are starting games again so the correct answer would be Watkins. Although I’m guessing you weren’t looking for a striker.

Wouldn’t go for Traore or El Ghazi unless there’s a good reason why you’re targeting short term.

Advertisement