Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Corkonians - scanning 35mm slides

Options
  • 13-01-2021 1:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Hoping someone on these forums might have some experience with scanning 35mm slides to a pc.

I have a machine to scan them in but having some trouble with darker photos, if you think you may be able to offer some guidance please DM me!

Bit of a unique request but worth a shot!

Many thanks :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭reic

Many years ago, before I became fully digital, my workplace purchased a Nikon Coolscan 5000. I think it was about 2K. I had a sh*tload of 35mm slides to scan and most of them were normal exposure and I was able to load them into a tray and set it to automatically scan. Some were dark and I had to manually scan them one by one. The Nikon software had loads of options to change the brightness/contrast/gamma, red, green, blue etc.

I think you should consider what software package you're using to scan. My only experience is with the Nikon software but there must be others, if not all, that allow adjustments to be made.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

We didn't do a professional job at home ,but we got an old slide projector and projected the images at a white wall. Then I got my tripod and camera to take a photo (manual focus etc) of the wall. It worked much better than I expected. Not as good as a scanner, but if its personal shots its actually quite a decent way of doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Thanks folks, I've managed to improve a lot of them with some brightness and histogram adjustments. Complete newbie to it all but most have turned out well. Thanks for the help! :)

Advertisement