Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Serpent on BBC

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

yes i agree 4 episodes would have been fine,

i mean it wasn't like there was going to be a big twist at the end, it was telling the narrative of a true story and those who were familiar with the whole affair knew how it was going to end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Just finished it last night. Thought it was excellent and the lead actor was just menacing. Really enjoyed it.

fryup wrote: »
    yes i agree 4 episodes would have been fine,

i mean it wasn't like there was going to be a big twist at the end, it was telling the narrative of a true story and those who were familiar with the whole affair knew how it was going to end

except there was quite the twist at the end if you didn't know all the details of the story!

I thought that the music and the dreamy hazy 70's style of the piece carried it through the 8 episodes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Just finished it last night. Thought it was excellent and the lead actor was just menacing. Really enjoyed it.

he was in the looming towers a few years back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

fryup wrote: »
    he was in the looming towers a few years back

Most lovers of cinema would of seen him play the lead in the great French movie A Prophet. I was genuinely shocked when I found out it was the same person.

I just finished this last night, I thought it was great, some of the BBC's best work. I really don't get the complaints about it being slow, I found it to be the opposite. The episodes in the middle were amazingly high octane and intense

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,290 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Starting Wednesday on VM3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,290 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It is on VM3 on Wednesday

Advertisement