If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another TV Query

Options
  • 13-01-2021 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭

I'm mulling over a buying budget TV for a spare room. 

I have an LG OLED I got from you in 2017 as my main TV and think I'd like another LG for the magic remote and interface but it depends on what other options you might have I suppose.

Could you advise of what you'd have as per the following please?

€500 max budget
    Wall mountable (upto VESA 400 x 400)
    50" 4K (I'd go 55" but don't think I'd have enough clearance below the mount)
    Dolby Vision, Apple TV+ & Disney+ capable
    Bluetooth
    Wired LAN
    3+ HDMIs

Nice to haves: 

DNLA/VLC
    Airplay
    Dolby Atmos (FWIW)

The LG 50UN81006LB ticks a lot of these boxes but doesn't have Dolby Vision unfortunately.

If you could also include an ETA for delivery to Dublin and advise if there's now a charge that would be great.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Shred wrote: »

I have an LG OLED I got from you in 2017 as my main TV and think I'd like another LG for the magic remote and interface but it depends on what other options you might have I suppose.

€500 max budget
    Bluetooth
    Wired LAN
    3+ HDMIs

Nice to haves: 

DNLA/VLC
    Airplay
    Dolby Atmos (FWIW)

The LG 50UN81006LB ticks a lot of these boxes but doesn't have Dolby Vision unfortunately.

If you could also include an ETA for delivery to Dublin and advise if there's now a charge that would be great.
    Hi Shred,

Thanks for the post!

I do think the LGs are the best way to go especially as they have the best smart hubs however I am completely out of stock of 50" LGs at the moment!

I do have the Philips 50PUS7805 which has a good smart hub (not as comprehensive as the LG) but has a better panel with local dimming and Dolby Vision Support. The LGs and Samsungs don't support Dolby Vision.

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204842-philips-50pus7805-50-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

Let me know what you think of this option!

Kind regards

David

€500 max budget
    Bluetooth
    Wired LAN
    3+ HDMIs

Nice to haves: 

DNLA/VLC
    Airplay
    Dolby Atmos (FWIW)

Apologies, to answer your last question! Our ETA is 5-7 working days and you don't have to pay any extra taxes or customs!

Let me know what you think!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭Shred

Thanks for the responses David, there’s some food for thought with the Phillips alright, let me continue mulling so!

Thanks for the responses David, there’s some food for thought with the Phillips alright, let me continue mulling so!
    No problem Shred, keep me posted!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.