Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 8 opening apps very slow

• 13-01-2021 11:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I have an iPhone 8 since release and it hasn't given me one bit of bother until now.

the issue I'm having is when i click to open an app, Instagram for example, it opens up the start screen of the app and waits on this for 10-20 seconds before shutting down the app. It also does it on reddit, Netflix, revolut and a few others.

Does anyone have any idea what this might be? Running iOS 14.3 which is the latest update for me.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Have the 8 as well since release.
    No real issues with the apps but have noticed in the last 4-5 days the drop in battery power.
    Usually have it 95 to 100% full going to bed
    8hrs later it's dropping down to anywhere between 50 and 25%

Any suggestions?
    Am getting a 12 pro in the next month or so but be keen to sort out the battery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

etxp wrote: »
    Hey,

I have an iPhone 8 since release and it hasn't given me one bit of bother until now.

the issue I'm having is when i click to open an app, Instagram for example, it opens up the start screen of the app and waits on this for 10-20 seconds before shutting down the app. It also does it on reddit, Netflix, revolut and a few others.

Does anyone have any idea what this might be? Running iOS 14.3 which is the latest update for me.

Anyone have any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭djdunny

Have you checked how much storage you have remaining on the phone?

And does it happen with all apps?

Did you try to delete Instagram and reinstall to see if the issue remains?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

djdunny wrote: »
    Have you checked how much storage you have remaining on the phone?

And does it happen with all apps?

Did you try to delete Instagram and reinstall to see if the issue remains?

I thought the storage was an issue but have since changed to using iCloud for photos and video and I have 30GB free on the phone now.

It happens with Revolut, Reddit, Spotify, Instagram. Tried deleting instagram and re-installing but did not fix the issue. Seems to have trouble updating these apps and others.

Wondering should i do a restore to the last backup but would like that to be the last resort.

Advertisement