Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Convincing the wife about cycling holiday

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭8valve

out of curiosity, and i know this is a 'how long is a piece of string' question, but how much would you expect to pay for a tandem? double price for the equivalent spec road bike maybe?

You can pick up a decent one for a few hundred quid, that might need a light refresh, usually a steel framed Orbita or similar.

We had a loan of an aluminium Dolan racing one, at one stage, and is where we caught the tandem bug. That retailed at a couple of grand, as it belonged to a local club and was the training bike for a local sight-impaired Paralympian.

They are a serious smiles-per-mile machine. Even with my better half, who is not an experienced cyclist, as stoker, we covered a lot of ground at a rapid pace. Hills are no fun, though!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

'hey kids, guess what? we're going on an audax together!'

I somehow suspect namelessphil junior is already there.

Advertisement