Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arnotts - Mattress

Options
  • 13-01-2021 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

I've just ordered a mattress from Arnotts. I was quite surprised on checkout to see the delivery lead time was 8-10 weeks, but anyway.... I realised afterwards that they said nothing either way about collecting my old mattress / or not. Does anyone know if they do this (can't find anything on their site or in their FAQs)?

I emailed their CS to find out, but got the autoreply saying it'll take up to 72 hours for an answer. If they don't actually take the old mattresses I might cancel the order, as I have no idea where to dispose of a king zip n link - if I could even fit it into the car!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭rubberdungeon

Rosey999 wrote: »
    I've just ordered a mattress from Arnotts. I was quite surprised on checkout to see the delivery lead time was 8-10 weeks, but anyway.... I realised afterwards that they said nothing either way about collecting my old mattress / or not. Does anyone know if they do this (can't find anything on their site or in their FAQs)?

I emailed their CS to find out, but got the autoreply saying it'll take up to 72 hours for an answer. If they don't actually take the old mattresses I might cancel the order, as I have no idea where to dispose of a king zip n link - if I could even fit it into the car!

https://www.arnotts.ie/inspiration/sustainability/furniture-and-mattress-recycling/

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Rosey999

Good find - thanks for that! They didn't offer me an option to pay for taking away the old mattress during check out, but hopefully that will come up at a later point in the process (though if the want to do it for free I'm very amenable to that too;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 22 sdfsdfdf

We ordered a bed and mattress last autumn from a furniture company in Navan. They have suspended the collection of the old mattresses (for Covid reasons) even though it was advertised on their website. Will be interesting to see if Arnotts have the same policy.

They have finally responded to my emails (Arnotts) and confirmed they will take the old mattress for €25, but that my delivery will now be April at the earliest. So I'm cancelling the order as that's just not acceptable, when most other retailers have most mattresses in stock. I (and the OH) are suffering from back backs due to our current mattress, so we need to get the new arrival asap!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Rosey999 wrote: »
    They have finally responded to my emails (Arnotts) and confirmed they will take the old mattress for €25, but that my delivery will now be April at the earliest. So I'm cancelling the order as that's just not acceptable, when most other retailers have most mattresses in stock. I (and the OH) are suffering from back backs due to our current mattress, so we need to get the new arrival asap!

Check out the mattress and bed thread in Bargain alerts. I've bought one mattress plus one full bed set including headboard from Mickey on there and I cannot fault quality, service, price or delivery time. Will take away your old one.

• Advertisement

Caranica wrote: »
    Check out the mattress and bed thread in Bargain alerts. I've bought one mattress plus one full bed set including headboard from Mickey on there and I cannot fault quality, service, price or delivery time. Will take away your old one.

Thanks but I already ordered with Harvey Norman - good sale price - and they are delivering tomorrow! They take away the old mattress also.

Advertisement