If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Television

Options
  • 13-01-2021 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭

Hi, 

My Samsung UE40F6400 is on the way out, bottom 2/3 of screen is dim and flickering, so it looks like it is time for an upgrade.  Could you recommend me a TV based on some requirements below?

Budget - up to 600 euro

Brand - A friend recommended LG (but I am open to suggestion)

Features - Netflix, Disney+, Prime etc.  RTE Player a nice to have but not a deal breaker.  3HDMI slots.  I mainly use the TV for my satellite receiver, streaming via apps, watching things on my laptop via HDMI (e.g. Sky Go) - I am not a gamer.  I currently have a Samsung soundbar connected via optical and want to keep that.

Size - I am constrained  to 45 inches width so I think that leaves me with 43 inch or maybe 50 inch.  43 would be fine.

In short I mainly want a decent picture and longevity (which your 6 year guarantee gives).

I was looking at the LG 43UN73006LC and LG 43UN71006LB on your site.  The LG 43UN71006LB seems like pretty good value, especially when currency is switched to Euro - what are the key differences between these TV's?

I am in Dublin so please include delivery cost.

Thanks!
    Adrian

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

budgemook wrote: »
    Hi, 

My Samsung UE40F6400 is on the way out, bottom 2/3 of screen is dim and flickering, so it looks like it is time for an upgrade.  Could you recommend me a TV based on some requirements below?

Budget - up to 600 euro

Features - Netflix, Disney+, Prime etc.  RTE Player a nice to have but not a deal breaker.  3HDMI slots.  I mainly use the TV for my satellite receiver, streaming via apps, watching things on my laptop via HDMI (e.g. Sky Go) - I am not a gamer.  I currently have a Samsung soundbar connected via optical and want to keep that.

Size - I am constrained  to 45 inches width so I think that leaves me with 43 inch or maybe 50 inch.  43 would be fine.

In short I mainly want a decent picture and longevity (which your 6 year guarantee gives).

I was looking at the LG 43UN73006LC and LG 43UN71006LB on your site.  The LG 43UN71006LB seems like pretty good value, especially when currency is switched to Euro - what are the key differences between these TV's?

Thanks!
    Adrian
    Hi Adrian,

Thanks for the post!

The LG 43" TVs would be a fantastic replacement as they have great smart hubs and panels! The main difference between the 73006 and the 71006 is that the 73006 comes with a magic remote! They have the same panel and smart hub but the magic remote is really easy to use and makes navigating the smart hub much easier.

You can still use your Samsung soundbar via optical with the LG TV and the smart hub will have the basic apps such as Netflix, Prime and Disney Plus, I'm not sure about RTE Player though!

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭budgemook

Hi, 

Budget - up to 600 euro

Thanks!
    Adrian
    Hi Adrian,

Thanks for the post!

The LG 43" TVs would be a fantastic replacement as they have great smart hubs and panels! The main difference between the 73006 and the 71006 is that the 73006 comes with a magic remote! They have the same panel and smart hub but the magic remote is really easy to use and makes navigating the smart hub much easier.

You can still use your Samsung soundbar via optical with the LG TV and the smart hub will have the basic apps such as Netflix, Prime and Disney Plus, I'm not sure about RTE Player though!

Kind regards

David
    Thanks David.  A magic remote is not important for me at the moment as I use a universal remote.  If I did want one some time in the future can it be bought separately and would it be compatible?

Could you let me know the best price delivered to Dublin please.

Thanks again,
    Adrian

• Registered Users Posts: 33,619 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Can I jump in and ask is it possible to load apps on to such TVs?
    Like put RTE player on to it?

NIMAN wrote: »
    Can I jump in and ask is it possible to load apps on to such TVs?
    Like put RTE player on to it?
    Hi NIMAN,

Unfortunately many smart systems are closed systems so you can only load apps that are available in the in built app store. The TV should be able to receive any apps that are licenced for the local area but they change depending on the manufacturer so we can never guarantee what apps will be available in ROI.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭budgemook

TV arrived today - delighted with it.  Price was good and obviously the 6 year warranty is a fantastic add-on.  Just for anyone in ROI considering this television, at first glance I can see the following streaming apps:

Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney+, Rakuten, YouTube, NowTV and Apple TV (Apple TV and unexpected bonus!).
    RTE Player, TV3 Player (not sure if this works, branding seems old), TG4 player.

Thanks!

• Advertisement

TV arrived today - delighted with it.  Price was good and obviously the 6 year warranty is a fantastic add-on.  Just for anyone in ROI considering this television, at first glance I can see the following streaming apps:

Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney+, Rakuten, YouTube, NowTV and Apple TV (Apple TV and unexpected bonus!).
    RTE Player, TV3 Player (not sure if this works, branding seems old), TG4 player.

Thanks!
    Hi budgemook,

Thanks so much for the post and really glad to hear you're happy with the TV! I have an LG myself and they do have the best smart hubs!

If you need anything else in the future please drop us a post and thanks again for the order!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 16 pinkpencil

Hi,

I am looking for a 50 inch (or bigger) smart TV to use for streaming. Can you provide some possible recommendations? Budget around 500e. Thanks.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

pinkpencil wrote: »
    Hi,

I am looking for a 50 inch (or bigger) smart TV to use for streaming. Can you provide some possible recommendations? Budget around 500e. Thanks.
    Hi PinkPencil.

Thanks or the post.

You could check out the LG 50UN73006 priced at 469 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204697-lg-50un73006la-50-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-hd-freesat-hd.aspx

There is also the 55" version priced at 499 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204765-lg-55un73006la-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-hd-freesat-hd.aspx

Philips have their Ambi light the 50PUS7805 priced at 499 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204842-philips-50pus7805-50-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

Hisense offer up their 55AE7400 a little over budget at 579 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204860-hisense-55ae7400ftuk-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

Pricing includes delivery and we also include our VIP 6 year guarantee free of charge.

Let me know your thoughts

Hi,

Hi PinkPencil.

Thanks or the post.

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204697-lg-50un73006la-50-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-hd-freesat-hd.aspx

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204765-lg-55un73006la-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-hd-freesat-hd.aspx

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204842-philips-50pus7805-50-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204860-hisense-55ae7400ftuk-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

Pricing includes delivery and we also include our VIP 6 year guarantee free of charge.

Thanks for the reply. Will the same wall mount fit every tv?

Hi,

Hi PinkPencil.

Thanks or the post.

Hi PinkPencil.

It depend on the bracket that you have.

Most are universal so it should fit.

• Advertisement

Hi,

Hi PinkPencil.

Thanks or the post.

Hi PinkPencil.

It depend on the bracket that you have.

Most are universal so it should fit.
    I was going to purchase a bracket from your store, however there are a few different types. I sent you a PM

I was going to purchase a bracket from your store, however there are a few different types. I sent you a PM.
    Hey PinkPencil.

I'll revert back ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭MrTime

HI ;
    I am considering  
    LG Nano79 43 inch 4K NanoCell TV

I need component  video in for my existing DVD player
    optical audio out to sound system /  wired  ethernet 

currently using NOW tv and FIRESTICK in my  hdmi   ( not simultaneiusly ) 
    I think the LG   has NOW tv  app;
    have been trying  EMBY server  and PLEX server   through wi-fi to FIRESTICK
    i cant find any reference to these apps on  the LG web os 
    is there a comprehensive list of available apps? i see netflix and prime ;   dont see spotify 

is there any reasonable alternative    in the 43inch under €500  range

not too concerned with talking to TV;  or bluetooth or  basic sound;  small speakers in flat screens cant  beat hifi

Bill

MrTime wrote: »
    HI ;
    I am considering  

is there a comprehensive list of available apps? i see netflix and prime ;   dont see spotify 

not too concerned with talking to TV;  or bluetooth or  basic sound;  small speakers in flat screens cant  beat hifi

Bill
    Hi MrTime.

Thanks for the post.

The 43Nano is not one that we have stocked unfortunately.
    Its not on our stock listing so I don't think I can even get my hands on it.

At the minute for us the Nano796 starts at 50" priced at 519 Euro. Stock is very limited on this one.

LG show they have Now TV app on board.
    The below link shows what is available from LG
    https://gb.lgappstv.com/main

However we can not guarantee all of these apps as this is down LG and they can pull support at any time.
    I no that at the moment the 2020 sets don't have any UK catch up TV apps. LG said they would add them but gave no ETA for this to take place.

It might be best to stick with your firestick for the like of PLEX and EMBY.

Component will be the kicker as most manufacturers have dropped this input on their products.

In a 43" LG have the 43UN81006 priced at 459 Euro (Has Component)
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204662-lg-43un81006lb-43-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-hd-freesat-hd.aspx
    Again we are awaiting on more of these to arrive from LG. (Hopefully arriving before the end of the week)

I've checked Samsung, Sony and Panasonic and none of their 43" sets have component within in this price range.

Let me know your thoughts.

HI ;
    I am considering  

Bill
    Hi MrTime.

Thanks for the post.

At the minute for us the Nano796 starts at 50" priced at 519 Euro. Stock is very limited on this one.

However we can not guarantee all of these apps as this is down LG and they can pull support at any time.
    I no that at the moment the 2020 sets don't have any UK catch up TV apps. LG said they would add them but gave no ETA for this to take place.

Component will be the kicker as most manufacturers have dropped this input on their products.

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204662-lg-43un81006lb-43-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-hd-freesat-hd.aspx
    Again we are awaiting on more of these to arrive from LG. (Hopefully arriving before the end of the week)

I've checked Samsung, Sony and Panasonic and none of their 43" sets have component within in this price range.

Thank you for that
    sadly  the wife was impatient and we purchased locally; slightly more expensive than you :( 
    we opted for the 50 inch model but all info seems to confirm that 43 and 50 have identical specs
    generally pleased with quality but  have a major disapointment with changing from terestrial to satelite channels 
    I can not find any way to set up a combined  channel list . The store cannot demonstrate  but they SAY it is possible 
    the literature provided is sparse ;  It is possible to set favourite lists for each (  sat or Terrestrial )  
    apps available include   Plex  and Emby ; RTE player  is fine ;and TG4  ;  but  as you say no UK catchup
    with addition of external  USB drive it can record and pause ;
    surprised that it can control the firestick  too  ;  firestick has  ALL 4  but  LG doesnt  ;   NOW and Disney are also on LG

HI ;
    I am considering  

Bill
    Hi MrTime.

Thanks for the post.

Thank you for that
    sadly  the wife was impatient and we purchased locally; slightly more expensive than you :( 
    we opted for the 50 inch model but all info seems to confirm that 43 and 50 have identical specs
    generally pleased with quality but  have a major disapointment with changing from terestrial to satelite channels 
    I can not find any way to set up a combined  channel list . The store cannot demonstrate  but they SAY it is possible 
    the literature provided is sparse ;  It is possible to set favourite lists for each (  sat or Terrestrial )  
    apps available include   Plex  and Emby ; RTE player  is fine ;and TG4  ;  but  as you say no UK catchup
    surprised that it can control the firestick  too  ;  firestick has  ALL 4  but  LG doesnt  ;   NOW and Disney are also on LG
    Hi MrTime.

Sorry we could not get your business this time around.

There is no way to combine the Satellite and standard television stations on the one channel guide.
    You have to use the two separate EGPs unfortunately.

Glad you are enjoying you new set and don't forget us if you require anything else in future.

HI ;
    I am considering  

Bill
    Hi MrTime.

Thanks for the post.

Thank you for that
    Hi MrTime.

There is no way to combine the Satellite and standard television stations on the one channel guide.

Glad you are enjoying you new set and don't forget us if you require anything else in future.
    thanks for clarifying that 
    is that typical of other brands

I would at least have hoped for a button on the remote ;    it seems that you ned to select   the guide on screen and then go to filters to selece alternative guide 

HI ;
    I am considering  

Bill
    Hi MrTime.

Thanks for the post.

Thank you for that
    Hi MrTime.

thanks for clarifying that 
    is that typical of other brands

I would at least have hoped for a button on the remote ;    it seems that you ned to select   the guide on screen and then go to filters to selece alternative guide 
    Hey MrTime.

Its across the board unfortunately.
    Both are always put on separate EPG's.

You need to do the same on other manufacturers also where you need to select between the two tuners to get the EPG's for each.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭waxer1986

Hi, 

Budget - up to 600 euro

Thanks!
    Adrian
    im now looking too i found this did any off ye find anything better.

https://www.soundstore.ie/lg-55-4k-hdr-smart-led-tv-55un73006la.html?gclid=CjwKCAiAhbeCBhBcEiwAkv2cY5ObvXTOPP4JLnXAm11m82tbSaR1P3ZP4AL4F1PO1hmxet4UrfURkhoCM5gQAvD_BwE

waxer1986 wrote: »
    Hi, 

Budget - up to 600 euro

Thanks!
    Adrian
    im now looking too i found this did any off ye find anything better.

https://www.soundstore.ie/lg-55-4k-hdr-smart-led-tv-55un73006la.html?gclid=CjwKCAiAhbeCBhBcEiwAkv2cY5ObvXTOPP4JLnXAm11m82tbSaR1P3ZP4AL4F1PO1hmxet4UrfURkhoCM5gQAvD_BwE
    Hi waxer1986,

The 55UN73006 is a fantastic TV with both a Saorview and Freesat tuner, however as Kenny has explained you need to switch between the two tuners if you want to watch both.

We are currently 499 euro on this TV and we include a 6 Year Guarantee.

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204765-lg-55un73006la-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-hd-freesat-hd.aspx?swapstore=1

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.